The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
3.5 miles walked during lunch. I got caught in the rain. Thank goodness I brought my umbrella.....just in case.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did go for that run yesterday and I did my legs heavy too. Today I did my back, chest and biceps. I was at gymnastics 3 times but. Just fitted it in between. Where there is a will there is a way :clap:
Keep moving :sheep:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Thanks for your support @Winchester  and @foxxycat

I've had a couple of calls from people who thought they saw her over the past few days but they both turned out to be different cats. Nice that so many people are keeping an eye out for her though.

Walked for about an hour on Wednesday and two hours today. 

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought about going for evening bike ride, but there is eyeball size wet slush flying horizontal across my view, so thought that there will be better weather tomorrow.

She has video called Parasyte, which is great when working out, but I guess images in video are not for family site (Parasyte is not family series, it is quite dark themed horror thing, but that music from Parasyte sounds nice), however this video sounds nice too and has more family friendly images, I think that such music helps me to do few more repeats whenever I get around to actually do something... :

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/v/=zIl0fBKSZD8[/VIDEO]

(gah, embed you stupid script, embed, it is a valid link, do your thing, it's not
Code:
[url=]
, it's
Code:
!!!

Note to mods, FYI: It must be the parser of YT link or YT API side issue, but something does not parse from YTDOMAIN/watch/?v=zIl0fBKSZD8 to YTDOMAIN/v/=zIl0fBKSZD8 properly, it works sometimes, sometimes it does not, hence at somewhere where parsing happens has a bug, imo.)

Mostly I have been listening Tristania - Widows Weeds album and not really getting off my butt lately, but I try to be better again tomorrow, weather should improve a bit and maybe slush will be bit less too.

Tammat has probably very nice weather for working out right now, everything blooming already in there?[/url]

Last edited:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
58 minutes of cycling, what a surprise that it started to rain water after I started riding, temperature was around freezing, lots of wind and of course it was very dark as sun had set long time ago.

I did put spike tire to front, but thought that I will be fine without spikes at rear, so I ended up riding on wet ice and slipping all the time, going uphill was struggle as there was no grip at all, riding was like standing on top of large inflated ball, which I guess even alone would be quite bit of exercise.

Only 562 calories burned, I could not ride fast.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Forgot to log my workout last night.

4.8 miles on elliptical machine

back to the smith machine

bent over rows

overhead press

chest press

calf raises

side lifts (obligues)

I added 5 lbs from last workout-not sore. Stretched on the stretching machine for a good 10 minutes after my aerobics. was more people in the gym than normal. no gym tonight-working 12s today.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
TWINKLE CAME BACK!!!!

I was woken up at 5.30 this morning by the sound of Albert growling at something outside. I thought maybe another feral cat or Tanuki had got in, so grabbed a torch to go and check....and it was Twinkle. I guess Albert didn't recognise her. She has that wild, woodsy smell.

She managed to climb back in by herself.

She's bone thin and her coat is full of burrs, but not injured at all. Still has her collar on. 

Good girl Twinkle!

So now that she is back and I don't have to spend hours searching for her every day I can get back into doing some serious yoga. Might even go horse riding next week.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay!! So glad twinkle is back.

I'm still working away here. It was 30 deg Celsius today here. I did my legs light weights and then went for a 5km run. I stopped and walked for 5 mins. I kept hoping someone would have a garden hose running so I could get a drink but no such luck. I survived.

Keep going everybody. We can do this. Rain, hail or heat. We can do this.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
OMGosh, Norachan, that is wonderful. And she found her way. Bless her heart. That made my day. It's just wonderful news!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
congrats Norchan!!!  

todays lunchtime jam. no jumping for me anymore. So far that idiot pain in my knee has disappeared unless I jump. So no jumps or other things. I miss jump roping. that gets your heart up to speed fast.

went to the gym Friday after work=and I think I already posted-yep I did..duhh.

tonight gonna pump up the jam. gonna up the weights to 80 and 90 lbs. no soreness. no stiffness. pushed myself to 75 lbs for chest press. tonight its going to be 90. gonna get there!

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok I tried to hit 90lbs but I was too scared. I got up to 80lb. Plus it was busy and someone was waiting to use the machine. I got 70 minutes done on elliptical-something like 5.5 miles-I was reading a book-didn't do sprints. stayed around 4.5mph. Slow and steady wins the race..

then hit the smith machine and did the same exercises I did the other night-overhead press-upped to 60lbs. hard but I did 2 sets. chest press 65-70-75-80 then those other exercises I do in between sets-If I rest for 4 minutes in between each set-then I can do the next batch of reps. in that 4 minutes I do other simple exercises-calf rises holding 25lb plate, bent over row one arm with the 25lb plate, curls with that same plate-both hands on it. stretching, and drinking a ton of water. I need to bring extra water with me...go through soo much water.

So glad your baby has come back Norchan!!! I bet you are beyond happy!!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
90 minutes horse riding today, on the lovely Cha Cha. 

It was a really warm day for November. After about an hour we reached a nice open field and Cha Cha decided she was going to lie down and roll in the grass! Luckily I was able to jump out of the way before she squashed me. Mr Husband was riding a horse called Fujikaze and he decided to get down and roll too.

@Columbine  does Collie ever try that when you're riding her?

Some pictures from our ride.

Fujikaze in his new head collar. Yes, those are daimante studs. Bling Bling!

A very wet and muddy Cha Cha. I can understand why she wanted to roll.

Fujikaze rolling....

...and then shaking off.

Look at that lovely blue sky!

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is seriously tall grass @Norachan!

Is that ground such type that there has been volcanic ash at some point?

1st ride was with spike tire only at front, 2nd ride with spike tires front and rear, 2nd ride was like riding in tar, was sweating a lot and bike did not want to go at all, thought that I ride at same pace, but because on icy bits I did not need to slow down I ended up riding bit faster I guess:

I don't like it how that automatic altitude scaling works in Polar flow web page, sometimes it puts 600m or more there and everything here looks flat then, I doubt we have any place in our nation that becomes even close to 600m, except in Lapland.

I have had horrible migraines today, when vision comes back and head starts hurting, another hits and vision goes so I'm writing again mostly blind here, I guess too much onion and too hard exercise after a brake.

I'm also very happy that Twinkle found back to her home, Twinkle you listen now good, there is no place like home, no more exploring for you! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.