The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Got another lunchtime workout done. 28 minutes. Did jumping jacks and some moves below in this video. All Chicks with weights. God I am envious. I feel better today but yesterday sucked. I didn't go outside. I pouted on my couch and then chased Honeybee outside because she wouldn't come when I called her. She was chasing something in the neighbor's back yard. I think there are mice living in the rockwall. She spends all her time along the rock wall both on my property and next door. I could hear a chipmunk chattering when I carried her back in. She was not a happy girl. Meowing and growling at me because she knew it was time to go in. Swishing her big bushy tail back and forth showing me that she wasn't a happy camper.

Today got legs done.

I had the wrong video=I watched 3 dif ones. this one is the correct one. with the different things-but only half of the video is exercises-that's why I jumped to that next one I originally posted-I needed 30 minutes of something to do-I don't play the volume on these videos so have no clue what they say. I play AC DC and then run the video with the volume OFF.

This video had some helpful tips on new ways to work those buns. The other 2 I watched after pretty much squats and side leg lifts type of exercises.

Keep going everyone!

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That's a good article @Winchester  I know that having a routine before I start yoga helps to get me in the right frame of mind to do it. I always get up, take care of the cats, have coffee while I clean (Can't do yoga if there's cat hair and muddy paw prints everywhere) and then take a shower and use my neti pot before I start. I always shower before yoga, something about having a clean space and being clean myself puts me in the right mood to do it.

Sunday I had a bit of a disaster. I had to work from 10 till 4 so got up an hour earlier than usual so I would have time to walk around and look for Twinkle. I was supposed to meet some friends after work so I changed into new jeans and a clean top and went to get the bus. Reached the top of my lane just in time to see the bus disappearing without me. Nooooo! There's only one bus every two hours from here, so I had to call my friends and arrange to meet them next week instead.

Then I decided to walk back home along the deer trails instead of down the lane in case Twinkle was hiding out in the woods. Half way down I came face to face with the stag! I know they're not likely to attack, but we scared each other. He let out a yelp and bounded away and I tried to take a step backwards and ended up falling over in the mud. So I got home with mud and wet leaves all over my new jeans and didn't get chance to meet my friends and still didn't find the cat.

Monday it rained really heavily in the morning so I did yoga, then walked around for nearly 3 hours in the afternoon, checking under every house I came to.

I've printed up a load of Lost Cat posters with Twinkle's picture on. Walked down to the village this afternoon and gave them to all the people I know who feed ferals.

Still no Twinkle. It will be one week tomorrow.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
What a day you had, Norachan! I hope Twinkle shows up soon!  

Did all my exercises and stretches last night

2.5 miles on the treadmill this morning

2.5 miles walked today during lunch

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
did my half hour of workout for lunchtime. followed along another video. Got a good sweat going. I was starving before I started. Ate a small snack and had some set aside for later-so far no hunger yet. I have to hit the grocery store for more peanuts/nuts and raisins.

Last night got home kind of late so only walked around my yard and then plopped down on the couch. Stressful day at work. Talk is going around about changing the workweek from 5 8s to 4 10s and possible some people will loose their job. For now I won't loose mine but another person in my department will. So hopefully its just "talk". I have my gear ready for the gym after work. No more excuses. And kicking around an idea to get certified as a personal trainer IF I loose my job. I really love helping people and maybe people won't be so intimidated if their personal trainer is not the average build if you know what I mean.

Norachan I am so sorry your day stunk. I am sure a few choice words came out of your mouth. Sending you hugs for all the stress lately.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat I've seen that girl before on YouTube. I'm pretty sure her name is Ashley Norcera? Or something like that.
I did my shoulders heavy, bi and tri light yesterday.
Today I did my legs at home by myself. I've been doing leg day for months with Rohan but he made me do it alone this week. I actually surprised myself and I put in a good effort. As per usual I procrastinated. I always find myself dumping and cleaning out the litter boxes before a workout :lol3: All of the unpleasant jobs get done then ;)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Did my PT stretches last night, along with some ab crunches

2.5 miles on the treadmill this morning

3.5 miles walked today during lunch

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Almost an hour and a half of yoga today
My left foot has been problematic for a couple days now but it wasn't so bad that I couldn't do basic yoga poses. I was careful when placing my left foot in different positions and shifting weight to my right foot when possible. The class was a pretty good work out.

The new building at work has retail space on  the ground floor. One of the spaces will be a yoga studio
An email about the coming retailers was sent out to employees. Another space will be a Greek restaurant. The third space is pending. I'm guessing the yoga studio will be open by early next year. The yoga studio isn't new to the area. There's already a studio in the "expensive" part of the next city over. Guess they're looking to have a second studio. I looked at the web site and it's power vinyasa flow yoga... in a heated room. I'm not inerested in doing any sort of excercise in a heated room. Just working my day job in a 80F room wearing a t shirt and scrub pants is barely tolerable
Who knows, maybe the new location will have non-heated classes offered.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Yesterday I walked for two hours in the morning, rode my bike for 30 minutes the walked again for another 30 minutes later on. I'm pretty sure Twinkle isn't within a 1 mile radius of the house, unless she's deliberately hiding from me.

Got up early this morning and walked for 2 hours. This afternoon was my kindergarten kids lesson, so we took them to the park and let them play.

(Today's new words: Acorn, bubble, kick and dig. 
 )

So tired now, but I'm just about to start work at my second job so no time for a nap.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I might have over done it with yoga yesterday
We did a lot of balancing on one hand and plank and downward dog so now my carpal tunnel in both wrists are painful
My foot seems fine, though. I've taken an 8 hour Tylenol which hasn't kicked in yet. I'm going to try to take it easy at work today but we have inspection today and tomorrow and there's a million things to clean and organize on top of the normal work .... with just two people

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
6 hours building cat tree house, it sits now at top of cut tree and they have practiced visiting new place few times. Still need to do railings and finish the roof, but it was quite exhausting day, with shoulder hurting and making weird noises all the time etc.

I did use pneumatic impact driver to drive screws in, really fun to balance at top of ladders with that thing, trying to hold pieces together while trying not to fall down, that tool is not very light and easy to use as single handed, so previous exercising did pay off again.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I attempted this one today. Lots of jumps and kicks-too hard for me but I modified the moves. I would have to watch it about ten times before I get it right. It was fun! I didn't do any weights.

I PLAN on hitting the gym and do weights tonight but I COULD just go right home. I got some decent sleep last night. So Maybe my lazy butt will get to the gym. I also watching a few yoga videos and help my balance and flexibility. I feel better stretching after a good workout. Really feels good.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've hit the wall. I didn't train yesterday. I had a headache and felt tired. I did biceps and triceps heavy and shoulders light with Rohan today. I'm so glad I was booked in to train with him. I'd be still procrastinating now. So I'm officially on a rest week now. I am relieved. That's another 7 week programme completed and I feel like I made the most progress in this one. Woo!!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Congrats, Tammat! Glad you made good progress!

Good work, Foxxycat!

JTbo, I'd love to see some pics of the cat tree house!

Speaking of walls, slam! I haven't walked since I did 3.5 miles on the treadmill on Thursday morning. Still had that headache on Friday and I simply could not handle the treadmill in the morning. I thought we were to have some really bad rain Friday, so didn't take my walking clothes to work.....that didn't turn out and I could have walked during lunch. But from the way the weather-weenies were talking, all of the weather-weenies, major rain yesterday. Which didn't hit us. To the west of us, they got major flooding as did the communities north of us. We got about five minutes of rain and that was it. So I screwed up there.

This morning no treadmill; we're leaving shortly to go get our apples. 

And I'm gaining weight. The last couple of days, I've shot up about 5 pounds, largely because when I get really bad headaches, I live on carbs. Carbs and icy Coke. And not diet Coke. Coke. Not Pepsi. Coke. It's the only thing that even begins to cut through the pain. I'm just munching my way up and up and up. I started in on Thursday and haven't stopped.

Will somebody please come over here and give me a good kick in the butt? No wait. You can't do that because then my butt will start to hurt again. 

I'll get my act together.  

Last edited:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is quite bit WIP still, need to add rest of roofing, finish door, replace some boards at end wall with more appropriate ones, add railings and supports for porch part of the roof, beautifying etc. needed. Cat's enter from the bottom by climbing up the tree. Everything else, except screws and nails are so called garbage, recycled to be something fun for the cats.

I had little fire last night (close to 30ft high at most intense moment), I wonder why there is hooded / robed person with raised arms at middle of it? It is still over a week until Halloween and this was just practice fire for halloween night :D

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I love that cat tree house @JTbo

I've got an impact driver too. They can be quite tricky, can't they? Particularly when you're standing on a ladder or trying to balance up a tree.

I went for a long hike on Friday. About 3 hours up and then an hour and a half back down again. My knees are hurting today. Going up isn't so hard but I think I might have damaged something coming back down again.

I took a day off yesterday.

Today I walked for about an hour with Little Boy. I was hoping he might stand a better chance of finding Twinkle than I did, but he didn't have any luck either.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
90 minute walk this morning and then another 90 minute walk this afternoon. Still no sign of my kitty. It's like they vanish into this air.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Monday:  

3 miles on the treadmill in the morning

3 miles walked during lunch

Did all my exercises and stretches Monday night

JTbo, your cat house is awesome! Nice job! I like the fire picture, too (noticed that robed person, too!). 

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yesterday at lunch

Kick boxing type of workout. I could not do the floor work.

Today I started late so started the above video in the middle. only got 20 minutes done. I feel extremely tired but probably from the chocolate I ate at break. someone brought in Lindt chocolate and I can't resist. 

Today focusing on my butt and thighs. kicks and some of those exercises where you stand and squeeze hips front and back while you dip. it's a sweater.

Winchester I am sorry you are having issues with food. I didn't get to the gym this weekend but I did grocery shop yesterday and only bought healthy food.

I cooked a roast and potatoes last night. today stayed out of the vending machines. if I could eat around the clock I would. This month is a crappy month but trying to enjoy the changing colors and keep moving. I paced back and forth after break for about half an hour inbetween handing out stuff for the guys. Everyone keeps asking me why don't I sit down and relax. I can't. I need to get the weight down. 4 lbs away from 200. Got to do something before Christmas...keep moving everyone. Even if it's slow stretches. better than nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.