The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
4 miles on the treadmill this morning.

You know what? I actually feel pretty good this morning!

Thinking of taking a day off from walking tomorrow (Sunday). Shall see how things go.

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
90 minutes of yoga on Saturday.

Two hours of gardening on Sunday. Raked up a ton of leaves and fallen branches after the last typhoon went through. It's still a bit wet for raking, we need at least a week without rain before I'll be able to tackle the big enclosure. Planted 50 tulips and 20 daffodil bulbs in the front garden where the cats can't get them.

I spent 3 hours cleaning the house this morning. Going out for a walk now.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had my rest day yesterday. I cleaned almost my whole house and swept outside and vacuumed my gym- not a whole lot of resting!!! Today I did my back heavy and chest light with Rohan. Just about to go into physio........ ok done with physio. He did some dry needling as well as manual treatment. Wowsers!!! He got right in there today. It was pretty tender.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I stayed off the treadmill yesterday and took a bit of a rest day, too. Still got my steps in, though, thru vacuuming and housework, push-mowing part of the yard to trim around trees and shrubs, going down and up the basement steps while doing laundry, etc.

4 miles on the treadmill this morning. 

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, the universe hates me today! It's a beautiful, sunny autumn day, so I decided to go to the yard and ride my baby. I kid you not, the second before I left the house, the heavens opened with torrential rain. I made it to the car, then my parents pointed out that Collie wasn't rugged, so she'd be too wet to ride, or even groom :argh::frusty: :( I decided to stay home and get some stuff done here instead (and had got so wet just walking to and from the car that I had to change my clothes and dry my hair!). It's now 30mins later, and it is, once again, a beautiful, sunny autumn day :wife::stomp::sulk:

So, today's exercise has been cleaning the cottage this morning. Might do some yoga later on, but have a ton of other stuff I should be doing. I can justify taking time out to see Collie as she needs the work (and I love her to pieces :heart3: ), but I feel like work type stuff has to take precedence over yoga :slant: (I'm way behind on craft fair prep etc)

I'm still being too stop-start with exercise, but really am trying to give myself a metaphorical kick up the backside to get moving again.

Keep going everybody :hyper: You inspire me to keep fighting :clap:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Well, the universe hates me today! It's a beautiful, sunny autumn day, so I decided to go to the yard and ride my baby. I kid you not, the second before I left the house, the heavens opened with torrential rain. 
I have days like that. Actually I have whole weeks like that. The only day it is guaranteed to be sunny will be the day I have to work 8 hours straight.

One hour of yoga today.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have days like that. Actually I have whole weeks like that. The only day it is guaranteed to be sunny will be the day I have to work 8 hours straight.

:smshfrk:

One hour of yoga today.
I think that's known as sod's law :rolleyes: I don't envy you your monsoons AT ALL :uuh: England is MORE than wet enough for me :lol3:

Not sure if exercise is going to happen today. I went grocery shopping this morning, and as I was putting things away I found a pantry moth/larvae infestation in a cupboard :cringe: Cue deep cleaning the affected cupboards and throwing out a small fortune in food :sigh: Absolutely exhausted now...and still have the rest of the kitchen to tackle :thud:

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Did all my exercises and stretches yesterday

2.5 miles on the treadmill this morning

2.5 miles walked today during lunch

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Thwarted in my yoga attempts by a combination of delivery man and Little Boy this morning.

Just as I'd unrolled my mat the delivery truck showed up with this months supply of cat food. He unloaded by the enclosure gate, as always, while I went out of the front door to sign the delivery form, then walked back through the house to open the gate from the inside. Got all the boxes in, pulled the gate shut then started moving boxes over to the storage shed. I turned around in time to see Little Boy push the gate open and trot outside. followed by 9 of the others.

I didn't realise he was heavy enough to open the gate by himself. I'll have to lock it every time I go in or out now, rather than just pulling it shut.

I've managed to coax most of the cats back inside. Marley is in but Sadie is out. I think she must be down in the woods at the bottom of the enclosure because I can hear Marley calling to her. Twinkle and Henry are running around in the woods at the other side of the house. I can see them, but they are pretending they can't hear me call. 

This is going to be a fun afternoon.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Oh boy, Norachan! I hope you can find them soon. 

Did my stretches last night. 2.5 miles on the treadmill this morning.

3 miles walked during lunch today.

5.5 miles today! 

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Did my 30 minute workout yesterday at lunch and again today.

Still working out the details about my work boots-a few phone calls to the store=they were trying to blow me off but then changed their mind about ordering after  I went back to the safety department and let him know that the store they want us to purchase our boots from no longer stocks any in my size...and I found the ones I wanted on Amazon for $77! I ordered 3 pairs and will get reimbursed for 2. Tomorrow I should have them so I can walk more.

Yesterday I planned on going to the gym but the sun was shining and instead I went home to hang out with Honeybee outside. Same on Monday. Tonight I intend on going to the gym. Tomorrow night I have to go back to the shoe store and try on the boots they ordered=I already committed to this so I will go over and see if they actually fit-if they do I will just buy them but I don't think they will as it's a half size too large.

someone pointed out a link for steel toes=they said I can't wear them because of the nylon. Evidently they want us to wear all leather boots because someone burned themselves while welding-due to not tie the boot up and pants making an opening for slag to fall inside boot...now that was 7 years ago=sadly they won't change their minds about this BUT I did get approval for low rise shoes due to the room I work in has no welding. So once I get my boots-back to wearing them when I workout=They add a couple pounds on my ankles so it helps. I put my sneakers on at lunchtime now. I do have to say I dislike the early nights=I don't like coming home in the dark...its dark when I leave for work=can someone please stop the days from getting shorter?!

Last edited:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did my 30 minute workout yesterday at lunch and again today.

Still working out the details about my work boots-a few phone calls to the store=they were trying to blow me off but then changed their mind about ordering after  I went back to the safety department and let him know that the store they want us to purchase our boots from no longer stocks any in my size...and I found the ones I wanted on Amazon for $77! I ordered 3 pairs and will get reimbursed for 2. Tomorrow I should have them so I can walk more.

Yesterday I planned on going to the gym but the sun was shining and instead I went home to hang out with Honeybee outside. Same on Monday. Tonight I intend on going to the gym. Tomorrow night I have to go back to the shoe store and try on the boots they ordered=I already committed to this so I will go over and see if they actually fit-if they do I will just buy them but I don't think they will as it's a half size too large.

someone pointed out a link for steel toes=they said I can't wear them because of the nylon. Evidently they want us to wear all leather boots because someone burned themselves while welding-due to not tie the boot up and pants making an opening for slag to fall inside boot...now that was 7 years ago=sadly they won't change their minds about this BUT I did get approval for low rise shoes due to the room I work in has no welding. So once I get my boots-back to wearing them when I workout=They add a couple pounds on my ankles so it helps. I put my sneakers on at lunchtime now. I do have to say I dislike the early nights=I don't like coming home in the dark...its dark when I leave for work=can someone please stop the days from getting shorter?!
Darkness is my friend, but modern technology does have it's uses at times, when I just have to see. You could try one of these:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/EU-...n-Batteries-Rechargeable-for/32366895945.html

I have similar to this for my bike and I use it when going on yard during dark hours (from 7pm to 7am at the moment):
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Wat...p-HeadLight-Headlamp-6400mAh/32567510071.html

It is spot light, not the best, I would prefer flood light, orange peel reflector would be better or lens that is not clear, but it has quite good amount of light and battery lasts longer than I can bicycle.

Did 1 hour 40 minute bike ride today well after sunset, so it was quite dark, no street lights or anything of such and damp black road with forest on both sides, I had no trouble seeing around.

Even better such light is when walking or doing something, it is almost like during the day as light goes where you turn your head, both hands are free and those lamps start to put out some serious amount of light these days.

Don't believe amount of lumens they advertise though, they claim my bike light has 1800 lumens, but I would say it has more like 600 to 800 in reality (it has very bright quite small spot and less light around that spot that makes it bit hard to estimate real amount of light), which still is plenty of light, but sometimes they claim 8000 lumens from same led chip, which is just plain stupid claim.

Rough rule is that 10W led is around 800 lumens, not much more, some leds are better, some worse and more powerful ones tend to heat a bit, so at warm climate it will get uncomfortable, but here with temps below freezing now lamp stays cool.

My first headlamp was 3W version, that already made huge difference, but lamps today are incredible, no more darkness at least for me, but one problem is that I really am hooked to headlamp now, doing anything in dark or even indoors without headlamp seems hopeless now, they really do make days a lot longer too, it does not really matter how dark it is, so that is worth a try as cost is not too big these days.

Oh and one modification I made my lamp was to add tinfoil to top half of lens, that cuts off stray light from lamp when using it with bicycle so other road users can see and does increase bit of close area light without reducing range of light, so that might be worth testing too if you decide to try such lights.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh boy, Norachan! I hope you can find them soon. :vibes:
:yeah: Mega :vibes: for the escapees to come home safe and sound...and ASAP! :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Did my stretches last night. 2.5 miles on the treadmill this morning.
3 miles walked during lunch today.

5.5 miles today! :clap:
:woo::banana2: Wow! That's great Pam :high5::clap:

Went down to the yard this afternoon :D Groomed and rode Collie...and boy, did she take a lot of grooming! They were clearly having a party in the field today
:lol3: SO nice to be back with her again :9:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Is that an Appaloosa or a mud splattered grey? They both look kind of guilty.

Walked for two hours yesterday. I managed to get Henry and Mia (Oops, didn't even realise she was out 
) to follow me back home. Sadie climbed back in some time over night, she was here for breakfast.  Couldn't find Twinkle though.

Walked for an hour with Little Boy this morning then another 45 minutes after work, but still no sign of her. She's taken off for a few days before, hopefully she'll be back soon.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Norachan Norachan - Spotty is an appaloosa, and Collie's stable-mate. They're really good friends :D

:cross: that Twinkle comes home soon :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Not sure what exercise I'm doing today. First priority is finishing the kitchen clean and cleaning Collie's tack (or at least her bridles). I discovered that they're going mouldy in their bags :jaw::bawling: , so I've got to get them thoroughly cleaned and dried out asap. Her saddle's basically ok, but a clean wouldn't hurt it either.

If I still have any energy/time left when I'm done, I'll either do some yoga or go to the yard. We have a cat food delivery coming at some point today, so a lot will be decided by when that arrives too.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Got another hour done on the elliptical yesterday. 3 miles. I was poky yesterday but I stuck it out for 65  minutes. My knee was sort of acting up but not too bad. I put the resistance up higher than I have in the past so that could be why I was poky. one mile in 18.30 minutes but it felt good to get a good sweat going. I should have played on the machines but I was getting hungry and didn't want to come home at 7, it was 5:30ish when I left. 20 minutes to get home due to the poky drivers that normally is only a 10 minute ride..

Love the pictures!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
3 miles on the treadmill this morning

2.5 miles walked during lunch today (i had my doubts about walking because of the rain, but I was fine)

Status
Not open for further replies.