The dreaded flea has appeared

noani

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, I've searched but haven't found anything specific to the product and course of action I wanted to ask about.
So I currently have my resident cat Charly in living area with me and an injured rescue, Yoda, in the bedroom. He had surgery and was getting a lot of meds so vet advised against preventative flea and parasite treatment, stool was negative and there were no visible signs of fleas.
However, last night I found what I believe to be one flea on a box that was on top of his crate.
So both cats got frontline right away, and I'm starting the washing and cleaning routine now.
I found a product on Amazon that proclaims to help eliminate adult and egg/larvae state fleas from the living environment using natural ingredients.
I don't want to use chemicals as leaving the flat for some hours or days with an injured cat who also isn't supposed to have any visual contact with resident cat sounds way too daunting, and I really don't like the idea of chemical cocktails.
I'm attaching a picture of the product below. It claims to be safe for pets so I was wondering if anyone has experience?
My couch will be hard to clean otherwise and I have one giant blanket that I made (crochet) which I have been using to cover yoda's crate, which can't be washed on high temperature.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated as for now, I have been blessed to never have to deal with fleas and am working myself into a bit of a panic about a possible infestation underway.

Attachments

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Isn't Frontline enough to treat both cats and blankets? You could spray Frontline on their beddings and other clothings as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

noani

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have the spot on treatment, Ive never used any kind of spray. I was trying to get to the pet shop (and work) but had to turn around and run home as the storm hit here

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the spot on treatment, Ive never used any kind of spray. I was trying to get to the pet shop (and work) but had to turn around and run home as the storm hit here
Even vets use the spray version of Frontline on young kittens, and at the shelter where I usually go they do the same thing.
As far as I know, it can be used on beddings as well.
I'm going to look for the instructions on the web.

The storm hit last night and overnight here in the north, much better today.