The difference between dogs and cats

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dogs do this when you partially shut the door so you can get dressed "in peace." Cats aren't nearly as obsessed with their owners.

View attachment 399311
That is so cute. It reminds me of a Boston Terrier we had when we were young. My sister came home inebriated once and went into the bathoom. Skippy went to the door and kept whinning and scratching the door until she finally let him in with her. He sat there and kept whinning and pawing at her until she started feeling better.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You haven't seen my Yammy when he thinks it's been too long since he had his chicken. He'll start with following you everywhere and staring intently. When that doesn't produce results, he'll start meowing, getting louder and louder. Then he'll start winding himself around your feet so you can't walk off in the wrong direction, then races off and stands near the fridge when you are heading the right way. He is the most persistent cat I have ever seen when it comes to his cravings!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Not true with my Graham. I always believe she is my shadow in the form of a feline.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You haven't tried to use the bathroom with a cat around.
Yup. Sophie will sit at the door until I come out. When she gets impatient I'll see her foot under the door or she'll start yelling at me.

Lilith will randomly go looking for me and start yelling at any closed door. It doesn't matter if I'm in the living room. She will assume I'm behind a closed door and yell at each of them until I call her over.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Our dog was always more persistent than our cat when it came to opening a door especially if he knew it was time for his walk(s). And if he heard me on the phone mentioning our neighbor's name he knew it meant he was going over for a play date with her dog. :biggrin:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Our dog was always more persistent than our cat when it came to opening a door especially if he knew it was time for his walk(s). And if he heard me on the phone mentioning our neighbor's name he knew it meant he was going over for a play date with her dog. :biggrin:
I know this thread is old, Livie (my dog) and Goof (my male cat) will follow me into the bathroom. They know how to push the door open if it isn't latched just right, so good bye privacy. Lila will get in a mood and follow me around like an orphaned puppy and cry to be picked up and held. Sarah says I'm on my own. :lol:
My dog knows the name of my Mom's dog and if I say it, she'll snap to attention and look at the door letting out a few sharp barks. They had a play date today, and they play like two ridiculous cartoon characters. They dive onto a pet bed and tumble, tussle, roll, and spend a good hour looking like this.
1679273700847.png

1679273549913.png