The Coolest Thing Ever!

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After getting a book from a mystery person, it got me to thinking about a site I had seen years ago. Bookcrossing. It's where instead of all your old books getting dusty on the shelf, or like me, sitting in a box, all the words there never to be read again, you "release" the book into the "wild"
You leave books at bus stops, coffee shops, etc. for random people to pick up and keep, read, and then set the book free again. You can track the books if you want to see their journey.
Sure, some books will not be taken, and there will be loss, and never let this stop you from donating used books to charity, but this is a really cool thing!
http://www.bookcrossing.com/home

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
what a great idea! I've done that myself a few times when staying in hostels around the world.
I'd be worried that someone would throw a book in the trash if I left it on a park bench though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

what a great idea! I've done that myself a few times when staying in hostels around the world.
I'd be worried that someone would throw a book in the trash if I left it on a park bench though.
I wouldn't think many end up in the trash, unless they have become very damaged by weather, but in a high populated spot, someone is going to find the book. Even if they do toss it, maybe the trash collector finds the book, and it has meaning to them, and they pass it along, even a bad looking book has good things inside

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so neat!! Id love to do that if I wasnt so psychotically possessive about my books. I have them all in released order seperated on shelves by multi-books, singles and then trilogies all in order and NOONE is allowed to touch my books but me. Even BF knows not to put them away if I leave one on the coffee table because he doesnt know where they go and I freak if he puts them in the wrong spot!! LOL...

Ok after reading that I realize I might need some help with my book issues!! LMAO