The Cheesecake Factory

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think most restaurant portions are huge and many restaurants charge what I think is too much for splitting a meal between two people. I think they do that so people will go ahead and order two meals. The only extra cost there would be is washing two place settings for one meal. I think some of those restaurant meals with the huge calorie counts is at least partly because it is enough for 2 or 3 reasonably sized portions.

goonie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
http://eatthis.menshealth.com/slides...-foods-america

this is just one of the lists they repeatedly show up on. i used to eat there a lot too.
my neighbor used to get the baked potato w/veggies at the Claim Jumper and thought it was healthy. i checked the info on calories etc on the menu one night since they have to post it now and it said it contains over 4000mg of sodium. when i asked the server about it he said it's because they wrap the potato in salt to make it tastier.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by goonie

http://eatthis.menshealth.com/slides...-foods-america

this is just one of the lists they repeatedly show up on. i used to eat there a lot too.
my neighbor used to get the baked potato w/veggies at the Claim Jumper and thought it was healthy. i checked the info on calories etc on the menu one night since they have to post it now and it said it contains over 4000mg of sodium. when i asked the server about it he said it's because they wrap the potato in salt to make it tastier.
Ok, that's fine.... But that list is of the worst foods - the way you described the restaurant itself, you generalized it - Cheesecake Factory has hundreds of items in their menu - some are very, very bad. Some are not.

it's listed as some of the worst restaurant food that's bad for you.
IMHO, your quote, above, is a misrepresentation of the restaurant. Saying that some of their dishes are listed as some of the worst/unhealthy sit-down restaurant foods in America (in that list), would be a better representation. IMHO, from the hundreds of items in there, you can, eat well and healthy - and they can cook healthy/modify your order accordingly.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!! I love Cheesecake Factory! I wish they would build one closer to me!

My all time favorite is the Pasta Da Vinci!

Of course...it takes me 20 minutes to always decided on what cheesecake to have!

tigganat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We had one near by my dad's house when I went on vacation and they're delicious! I like the apple cheesecake with Cinnamon, tasted like apple pie-cheesecake version.

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This post has me craving cheesecake fatory like crazy! last night i was at B&N wiht my friend and got a slice of godiva chocolate cheesecake, YUM! Now I REALLY want their pasta davinci!

I'm trying to lose weight.... cheesecake and 2000+ calorie entres aren't going to help

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sillyitiliangrl

This post has me craving cheesecake fatory like crazy! last night i was at B&N wiht my friend and got a slice of godiva chocolate cheesecake, YUM! Now I REALLY want their pasta davinci!

I'm trying to lose weight.... cheesecake and 2000+ calorie entres aren't going to help
I have been craving it since April, but no opportunity to go yet!