"The Cat's Meow" toy

dan32

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am an officianado of cat toys.  We have tried so many, my guys are bored with most of them.  One of my guys has recently been very sick and my mother took pity of me and sent me a toy called "The Cat's Meow" featured on TV.  Actually, with the TV offer - you get two of them.  I was skeptical.

Here is a demo video of it: http://www.getcatsmeow.com

It takes 3 C batteries to operate it, which you probably don't have around - so first off I had to go out and get some of these.  There are four speeds - low, medium, high, and random that make the wand under the scarf go in various ways.  If, like my guys, one of them just sits on the wand - the motor shuts off to save the unit.  I actually jury-rigged one of mine to work off of a generic AC/DC converter set to 4.5V which means it just goes and goes without any need for batteries at all.

THEY LOVE IT!

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I bought one of these at PetSmart years ago and paid almost $30 for it.  Within a week, my cats had broken the wand off.  I Crazy glued it and when that broke, I used duct tape.  That worked for about a month, then I just put it away.

But the cats rediscovered it about three weeks ago and I finally got a wire hanger and cut it to fit into the bracket.  So far, that's worked.

I was thinking about buying a couple of more - on the TV ad - you buy one for $19.99 and get one free.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That looks like something Mogli would really like, but I can just see him tearing up the "rip stop" nylon. :lol3:

A TCS member who takes in fosters had a video on Facebook of her cats playing with it, and they looked like they were having a lot of fun with it.