The Cats I Love - And A Little About Me

Bibsy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I live in a household with two cats. They aren't technically "my" cats, they belong to my roommate, but I love them. One of them sleeps with me when he feels like it.

My username, Bibsy, is the name of two cats I had as a child. Bibsy 1 was a tuxedo cat who had a bib, which is how she got her name. She was adopted from the Humane Society. Unfortunately, that was several decades ago, and such organizations weren't as advanced as they are nowadays. Cats for adoption didn't get vet checks and shots and microchipping and all before they were adopted out. Bibsy was very sick and was only with us for a week.

Then there was Bibsy 2 - a tortie kitten. That too is a sad story - she was only with us for a couple of months. My parents didn't know how to deal with indoor cats and I was young and inexperienced. Bibsy 2 was a very defensive, unpettable kitty. Again, nowadays, there might be cat books and behaviorists who could help her. Back then, sadly, we gave up.

I chose "Bibsy" as my username to honor these cats who deserved better, and as a sign of my commitment to learning and taking advantage of so many advances in cat knowledge available to people today.

The two cats in our household are going through a trying time - the female is 4, was an only cat adopted at a young age from the shelter. Then came the stray 3 month old male kitten a little over a year later. The two have never totally bonded, but this year things became very difficult with spraying, urinary crystals, fighting, and other issues which we have now learned have to do with the cats reaching that stage known as "social maturity." I joke to my roommate that they should call it "social immaturity" since it seems that they've regressed! :blackcat2::argue::silver: Anyway, we're trying lots of things - reintroduction, Feliway pheromones, group scent, etc. Reading lots of cat books. Wishing the cats would read the books and agree! :biggrin: But as many of you probably know, it's not that simple.:dunno:

So, I'm here to learn and share, and help and be helped.:noob:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
4B8F7DE8-FA86-42EF-9B37-A4140452627C.gif
Bibsy, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
6181973E-C58A-4F8B-B047-380A71144362.gif
to you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! We’re glad to have you here! We love pictures around here, so please do post some of your kitties!

Introducing cats can be a tricky process, and, if you would like to start a thread in the Cat Behavior, you’ll get more input from some of our resident experts, but, for now, I’d like to link you towards two helpful articles:

How To Fix An Unsuccessful Cat Introduction

The Multi-cat Household

See you around! :wave3:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: How sweet to have chosen the name of your childhood kitties as your username. They clearly left a deep impression on you, despite the short time they were in your family. :catrub:

I hope you'll post in our various forums, so that other members can offer advice/support for your roommate's cats. And if they (the roommate) is ok with you posting pics of them (the cats), post some pics. :catman:
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
WELCOME! To you and the two kitties in your life...um...what are their names? I don't want to call them "What'shis/herface!" And yes, pictures would be wonderful! You joined for all the right reasons, and we have forums and articles aplenty to help you in your quest to know All Things Cats, as well as a good many threads that are just for fun, pictures and games, and whoknowswhatall! ENJOY!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Another warm welcome to TCS! :wave3: I'm glad you joined the site and came here for advice and support.

I'll check with my roommate if she's okay with me mentioning their names and posting photos. I sure would like to!
I hope your roommate will agree to share the names of her cats and let you post a photo or two. :crossfingers: In case you can't already tell, we love pics. :camera:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bibsy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, and thanks for the warm welcome back! 🙂 Here are the pictures of the cats:

This is Penny
Studio_20191229_094447.jpg

And this is her ornery little brother, former feral Purrcy.
Purrcy Wut.jpg

They still don't get along much better than they did in 2018. But now that I'm back here I can read and ask questions on the forums and maybe we can find something to help them. They are both sweet cats at heart with us humans, just not each other.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bibsy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The two in my avatar belonged to my former roommate. Tipper on the left, Tikki on the right, sisters from the same litter. Tipper sadly met her end when a neighbor didn't bother to tell her owner that they were planning to call Animal Control on the ferals. Tikki is still alive but elderly.