The Cat: Smacker of Butts!

marc999

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Anyone here have a cat that will dash by you when you're sitting on a chair, pause, smack you in the butt with a paw, then run off?

It's her way of trying to tell me it's play time - like it or not.  It's also a reminder when I have to trim her claws! 

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I don't have a 'butt smacker' but I have one that will knock whatever you are interested in onto the floor if you are ignoring his every wish. Usually remotes, books. papers, and pens. He only does this when you are there, it's not like he does it when you are gone to amuse himself, he is definitely trying to get your attention. Then he races off so you can't touch him.  He also cries and comes and nips at whatever is available, a foot, an arm, etc. when he decides it is time to go to bed, then he leads you in to the bedroom, purring.

darlenam8

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I started laughing out loud when I read this!

I have a butt smacker too!

He's done it to me a couple of times when he is sitting on the couch or on his cat tower and I walk by. All nonchalantly, he reaches his paw out and smacks my butt. Nothing else.

Also, when we are outside playing, I will get him to run with me, and he will run up behind me and jump and smack the highest thing he can reach: my butt, my thigh, whatever. It is hilarious and I have never heard of such a thing before. I like to think of it (at least when we are running around) as his way of playing 'tag'. You're it!

chromium blues

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had a high-fiver. Xavier, a foster kitten a few years back, would leap up and slap your hand as he ran past you, something his new family says he continues to do as an adult!

equestrian06

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
LOL there's a community cat where I work that will 'ask' (hah, as if cats request anything) for attention if you aren't giving him enough. Ive been caught petting the other kitty and he will walk up, place one paw on my chest and touch my face with the other. Or put both on a shoulder and meow insistently.

And has bit my hand (lightly, but still bit LMAO) when I ignored his repeated asking. Followed by him staring at me as if to say "You brought that on yourself, don't look at me like its my fault"