The Cat Site Members' Christmas Card Exchange - 2015

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

Are you interested in sending and receiving printed Christmas cards this year? Opening cards from around the world can be so much fun and it's interesting to see all the cards! 

To make the event fun for everybody, there are some rules that we must follow:
  • The 2015 Christmas Card Exchange is open to those members who have joined prior  to September 30, 2015
  • You must have at least 60 posts by Sunday, November 30 (which is when the card list will be PMed).  
  • We will exchange snail-mail cards only; e-cards are not allowed for this event.  Please note that you are expected to send a Christmas card to everybody on the list. Be aware that postage to other countries can be expensive.
  • Your posts must be meaningful to count. Please don't post drivel just to get your post count up. Very short or one-word posts, or meaningless posts, will not be counted towards the the 60 posts. (And it's always nice to get to know you a little better through your posts. 
    )
  • There are no exceptions  
Thanks for your interest! Please PM me, if you'd like to be included. We will need your board name, your real name and mailing address, and any other information (your cats' names, for example) you'd like to share. Please put "TCS  2015 Christmas Card List" for the subject of your PM. 

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
This sounds like so much fun! :D

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gosh, I'd love to but I can hardly remember to mail cards to my family :lol3:
That sounds like me too :lol3: Generally, we manage to EITHER buy the cards OR write them OR send them - so far we've not managed all three in the same year! :rolleyes2:

It does sound like fun, but I'm just not competent enough!

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, this sounds like lots of fun. I think I would enjoy being a part it. I also think I meet the qualifications.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Giving this another bump.....if anybody is interested, PM me!

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay!!

I just now saw this post... it seems maybe it could be pinned temporarily?

Last edited:

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in! Sounds like fun! 

I enjoy getting Christmas cards and it will be nice getting 'real' mail from people around the world and in my own part of the woods too! 

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YAY!!!!! So happy we can do the exchange again. Sending and receiving cards is such a joy! Pam, PM will be sent tout de suite

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Bumping up again. If you haven't signed up yet and want to exchange cards, send me a PM!

And just as a BTW, if you celebrate something other than Christmas, you're still more than welcome to exchange cards. 

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Forgive me if this is posted somewhere - I've not been able to find it.

I signed up for the card exchange and I was wondering when we will receive addresses of other participants. I'd like to know how many cards to get and, if necessary, what variety (depending on the holiday they celebrate). I usually try to get my cards in the mail right after Thanksgiving so they don't get stuck in the barrage of mail at this time of year. And, if we are sending to other countries, it could take quite a bit longer for them to arrive at their destinations. 

Just curious.

Thanks!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I will PM you with the list on Sunday night, November 29th.

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I will PM you with the list on Sunday night, November 29th.
Thank you Ma'am! 

Will you be doing this between renovating your house, baking pies and cookies, cooking dinners, scooping poop, working all week and keeping the hubby happy? Or are you going to take a vacation day? LOL 

Thanks for all your hard work! It's appreciated!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise

Thank you Ma'am! 

Will you be doing this between renovating your house, baking pies and cookies, cooking dinners, scooping poop, working all week and keeping the hubby happy? Or are you going to take a vacation day? LOL 

Thanks for all your hard work! It's appreciated!
 I'm a Jill of all trades....and mistress of none! You're welcome, Fyllis!

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After all these years of me being away I'm so happy to see that nothing much has changed on here,I love the family atmosphere x

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, phooey.  I missed it this year (and the postage would have been hard...Hekitty still "in hock," paying off her vet bill) but I'll be in line for 2016!