The Cat Rat Tree

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kitties got a new cat tree, but I thought the ratties should have a go!

Chaka is the fawn dalmatian dumbo (dumbo=big ears)
Rogaine is the hairless dumbo
Mika is the black standard-he's less adventurous

This is a funny series shot!

I've got a funny video of Athena too, I don't want to make another thread, so I'll just add it here. We moved the couch for the new giant cat tree and she can't jump on the couch to bark at people anymore. She figured out a solution pretty quick, I call it the Doberman Bear Stance

A couple other rat pics for the rat lovers

Chaka and Rogaine, I took them to work to visit the ladies I work with

Chaka, you can see how big his dumbo ears are!

This is a possum faced standard ear cutie, so you can see the difference between a standard and dumbo.

alicatjoy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, the title of this thread made me interested enough to look. I like ratties. I think they're cute and have wonderful personalities. But, the thought of them running and climbing on a huge cat tree just makes me giggle. Oh, and one other thing that makes me laugh -- your hairless rat is named Rogaine. I love it! Love, love, love it!!!

You have a very cute family there. I think it's so sweet that the kitties, ratties, and even the dobie are all playing together. That's just proof that different species of animals can and do get along with one another when given the opportunity (including proper training and supervision). Thank you for sharing -- I definitely enjoyed the pics and I'm still snickering about Rogaine

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm amazed that your cats don't kill your ratties! How cute them all playing together I'm impressed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Alison Joy

Okay, the title of this thread made me interested enough to look. I like ratties. I think they're cute and have wonderful personalities. But, the thought of them running and climbing on a huge cat tree just makes me giggle. Oh, and one other thing that makes me laugh -- your hairless rat is named Rogaine. I love it! Love, love, love it!!!

You have a very cute family there. I think it's so sweet that the kitties, ratties, and even the dobie are all playing together. That's just proof that different species of animals can and do get along with one another when given the opportunity (including proper training and supervision). Thank you for sharing -- I definitely enjoyed the pics and I'm still snickering about Rogaine
I don't know what I'll name the next hairless. Rogaine is pretty good! My family definitely is an interesting one! People are always surprised when they come over and see our menagerie! The kitties need reminding every now and again to control themselves, but they are pretty good!
Enzo is our class A killer, in fact, he killed a shrew in the house (don't ask me) just a few days ago. He's actually the most trust worthy with the rats!

Oh and the dobie adores them for some reason! She will do the puppy pounce at the cage, and the black one, Mika, always 'plays' with her through the cage, he's weird! The dobie does have an obsession with licking them though....

Originally Posted by gardenandcats

I'm amazed that your cats don't kill your ratties! How cute them all playing together I'm impressed.
They are pretty good, every now and again the rat tails get them a little worked up and I say "Control yourselves!!!" People who visit always get a kick out of that because the cats are like "oh shoot, I almost let my primal urges get the best of me!"

Originally Posted by Kailie

I adore rats! We have 2 dumbos as well.
I would love to have a "nekkid" rat but Dana won't let me...
Oh that's awesome! Dumbos are the cutest thing on the planet! The hairless ones can be a little creepy, but their skin is soooo soft!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Girl, you got the whole food chain in one cat tree, and amazingly enough, they all choose to eat commercial rat/cat/dog food!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by c1atsite

Super cute animals
Great pics
Thank you!

Originally Posted by Carolina

Girl, you got the whole food chain in one cat tree, and amazingly enough, they all choose to eat commercial rat/cat/dog food!
Oh my gosh that is too funny!

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Carolina

Yeah how do you get the cats, not to eat your rats?

noisette

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

The dobie does have an obsession with licking them though....
He's tasting them....

great family! I love tha the kitties somehow never kill/ eat the rats.... If it were my Clementine she'd have the poor ratties hidding somewhere.

How do you keep them from attacking the ratties or from clawing at them?

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by c1atsite

I love the pic of Chaka and Rogaine on top of one another -They look like Stuart Little
That is the cutest picture!

Originally Posted by My4LLMA

Yeah how do you get the cats, not to eat your rats?
I started with water bottles, but it's been at least 2 years since I've used the water bottle on them. Now I can just say their name or "hey!" and they will keep their paws to themselves or leave if they can't handle it. They are pretty good about knowing when to leave.

Originally Posted by Noisette

He's tasting them....

great family! I love tha the kitties somehow never kill/ eat the rats.... If it were my Clementine she'd have the poor ratties hidding somewhere.

How do you keep them from attacking the ratties or from clawing at them?
Yeah she is tasting them....

Enzo will kill ANYTHING that comes in this house that isn't a pet rat. He's a real killer!

Like I said above they listen pretty good. They do get a little carried away with their tails, and I'm especially picky about them with Rogaine since he doesn't have hair. They are pretty good about leaving him alone. Stuart is the scary one, he has put his teeth on Chaka's neck a couple times and I yelled at him and he ran away all sad and mopey. It's almost like they know they were about to kill the rat and they didn't mean to get that carried away.

Enzo, the killer of the bunch, would let my first pet rat Kitty (because she hung out with Enzy all the time) out of the cage while I was in class. One time my fiance and I came home and the cage was open and Kitty was no where to be seen. I thought for sure Enzo had killed her since we weren't there to supervise. We looked everywhere for her! I was calling for her because she knew her name and Enzo jumped up on our bed and laid right down. Next thing you know, Kitty popped her head up from under the blankets! We think they were sleeping on our bed after their play time. After that I put a lock on the cage

bluerexbear

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I couldn't really look at the pictures for squealing "AHHHH a Rat!! No, TWO rats AHHHH." I find it amazing that your cats, your dog, and your rats all get along. My cats would kill a mouse/rat if they ever found one.