The Cat Pee Problem

SDerailed

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a new foster and it's really messing with my younger boy who is a bit dominant and a bit of a scardy cat at the same time. While they are separated, any time my youngest sees the foster, I end up with pee in my shoe. He has a clean bill of health, and the feliway difusers and my normal cat introduction routine doesn't seem to be working. Any suggestions?
It's apparently only my shoes that he wants to pee in, so I'm wondering if there's anything I need to do to make him feel calmer. He is SUPER OVER attached to me, so I feel this a jealousy thing with him.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ok. First of all, you are going to have to say goodbye to those shoes. Secondly, don't keep any shoes (or clothes) on the floor for a while. Lastly, see if anything in these articles might be something for you to try/consider.

Do Cats Get Jealous? (and What To Do About It When They Do)

Solving Cat Behavior Problems: The Key Ingredient

Since the kitten is a foster, perhaps you should consider placing it in a space where your guy doesn't have to see him? If you are thinking of adopting him, see if these articles are in sync with the introduction process you have tried.

How To Successfully Introduce Cats: The Ultimate Guide

How To Fix An Unsuccessful Cat Introduction

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SDerailed

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks. Yes, as soon as the shoes are peed on they are thrown away. I dont want a battle of the pee in my house.
The foster is in the back room, but when I go in to check on him my cat sees him through the door opening. Then he will spend the next hour growling and hissing at everything. He's really a 'special' case. I was considering trying to make my Foster a permanent resident as he has some unique challenges, but I'm not sure I can with the 'mad pisser'
Thank you for the articles. I'm pouring through them now.

Faikey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I seperate the cats. I was literally getting peed on at night because the cat was too scared of the bully cat to even go to her litter box. Now I just keep up hissing at the other cat all of the time whenever she even begins to show engagement in attempting to harass my 2 fosters as I'm watching this bully carefully. This eventually made it so the fosters feel safe enough and the bully knows she'll be removed and hissed at super fast that she's made some peace No more getting peed on while sleeping!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a new foster and it's really messing with my younger boy who is a bit dominant and a bit of a scardy cat at the same time. While they are separated, any time my youngest sees the foster, I end up with pee in my shoe. He has a clean bill of health, and the feliway difusers and my normal cat introduction routine doesn't seem to be working. Any suggestions?
It's apparently only my shoes that he wants to pee in, so I'm wondering if there's anything I need to do to make him feel calmer. He is SUPER OVER attached to me, so
I feel this a jealousy thing with him.
How long have you had this foster? My cat Maggie used to hiss,growl, and chase Coco, then fight her. After a couple of weeks it stopped. Maggie accepts her but Coco is afraid of her

SDerailed

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He has been here two months. They are separated though because the Foster was an outside street cat for years and terrified of everything, and the 'mad pisser' can be a dominant jerk face to cats. We think that just being indoors and having to interact with people was scary enough without adding other cats into the mix just yet.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, much longer than that. Don't remember exactly. After a year,Coco has left my bedroom. Now she stays in my living room. Still afraid of Maggie but when Coco walks by Maggie just watches her. They even eat together. I wrote a long story about Coco in my profile.

SDerailed

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We've introduced 4 other cats to the resident cat. He was a jerk face to them, but it eventually turned into a sort of peace. He just really can not stand this foster for some reason. Maybe it's because it's the only cat we've introduced that's larger then resident cat.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
We've introduced 4 other cats to the resident cat. He was a jerk face to them, but it eventually turned into a sort of peace. He just really can not stand this foster for some reason. Maybe it's because it's the only cat we've introduced that's larger then resident cat.
It probably is the size. Your resident cat is scared of her.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Whenever your resident cat sees the foster,pull out a wand toy to distract him. Give them treats