The Big Breeds (and Mixes): Post 'em Here!

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are Greg and Arnold " waiting for dinner".

Actually we let the cats on the dining room table. I know we shouldn't, but its glass and cleans up easiky and the cats like it, so what the heck......but the best part is it makes our guests very uncomfortable to see the cats on the table. (Especially when they have come fir dinner). Of course the guests are too polite to say anything and we we pretend not to see the cats on the table. They become the "elephant (s) in the room."

Last thanksgiving I just missed the opportunity to have the cats jump on the dining room table, in front of my brother in law.....but this thanksgiving is just around the corner......lol fingers crossed.

20170702_084909.jpg
20170702_084818.jpg
20170702_084845.jpg

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
seriously, the neighbour's dachshund is afraid of going outside in its own garden if it sees Sly. This dachshund is not generally afraid of cats. Another neighbour's chickens are also terrified :p He once bit my heel so hard he drew blood because I very gently tried to block his path with my foot to prevent him from going to check out the air mattress I was supposed to sleep on. He got all the Maine Coon looks and none of the gentle giant stuff :p
:help::running::eek2:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Here are Greg and Arnold " waiting for dinner".

Actually we let the cats on the dining room table. I know we shouldn't, but its glass and cleans up easiky and the cats like it, so what the heck......but the best part is it makes our guests very uncomfortable to see the cats on the table. (Especially when they have come fir dinner). Of course the guests are too polite to say anything and we we pretend not to see the cats on the table. They become the "elephant (s) in the room."

Last thanksgiving I just missed the opportunity to have the cats jump on the dining room table, in front of my brother in law.....but this thanksgiving is just around the corner......lol fingers crossed.

View attachment 196533 View attachment 196532 View attachment 196534
:crackup:I can just image their faces :lolup:
Have you ever taken a picture of Greg & Arnold from underneath the table? I saw one once and it looked like the cat was hovering in mid-air.
Way cool.:lovecat2:

Last edited:

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What kind of cat are Greg and Arnold? What is their weight? They look sort of heavy...
When I first came to this site, I asked others what breed mix greg and arnold might be. I was told they are most likely mainly norwegian forest cats.

Currently Greg is 17 lbs and goes up to about 19 lbs in the winter. He isnt fat, in fact you can easily feel his ribs and hes not a big eater. Arnold is 22 lbs. I would say he is about 2 lbs overweight. (Arnold eats more than gerg, but alsomisnt a huge eater). He is structually a larger cat than greg is. Arnold is taller, with , larger head, paws ect. They will be 4 years old this xmas.

Both cats are very solid. They have very thick necks, their back legs are like turkey thighs, they have thick heavy bones, wide chests, big paws ect. They have large claws and teeth. Fortunately neither cat has ever lashed out at us or any person. They arent built like any other cats we have ever had. Arnold and Greg are not as agile as most cats. They cant climb trees and probably cant run as quickly as other cats. But they are powerful and strong. They hunt mainly by hiding under foilage or simply waiting and waiting motionless for their "prey" to wander too close by.

They are wonderful buddies and Arnold especially LOVES to cuddle.....which is an amazing treat for us. Arnold sleeps against my pillow and face at night. He is so big and so solid, I can actually use him as a partial pillow for my head.

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
When I first came to this site, I asked others what breed mix greg and arnold might be. I was told they are most likely mainly norwegian forest cats.

Currently Greg is 17 lbs and goes up to about 19 lbs in the winter. He isnt fat, in fact you can easily feel his ribs and hes not a big eater. Arnold is 22 lbs. I would say he is about 2 lbs overweight. (Arnold eats more than gerg, but alsomisnt a huge eater). He is structually a larger cat than greg is. Arnold is taller, with , larger head, paws ect. They will be 4 years old this xmas.

Both cats are very solid. They have very thick necks, their back legs are like turkey thighs, they have thick heavy bones, wide chests, big paws ect. They have large claws and teeth. Fortunately neither cat has ever lashed out at us or any person. They arent built like any other cats we have ever had. Arnold and Greg are not as agile as most cats. They cant climb trees and probably cant run as quickly as other cats. But they are powerful and strong. They hunt mainly by hiding under foilage or simply waiting and waiting motionless for their "prey" to wander too close by.

They are wonderful buddies and Arnold especially LOVES to cuddle.....which is an amazing treat for us. Arnold sleeps against my pillow and face at night. He is so big and so solid, I can actually use him as a partial pillow for my head.
:wave3: :hearthrob::redheartpump: :clap::clap2: :wave2:

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Light morning snack"......lol

Oliver is beautiful....... is he a maine coon?
He sure is. He's ten years old and weighs about 22lbs at the moment. I'll include this pic of his forebears because I love the names and hopefully it will entertain others. I particularly like 'Snobbrannan's Fanny.' I did post this on another thread but it got no traction there.
IMG_0935 (3).JPG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey mightyboosh mightyboosh @RequestKen (and all you other Coonies): now this is timely - from today's colour comics:

getfuzzy.jpg

For those unfamiliar with Pedigrees, mightyboosh mightyboosh 's Oliver was born with all the cards. In addition to some stars and some shining stars in his heritage, Oliver also shows the North Star - Grand International Champion Never Mind's Radio Gaga:

http://www.berkanocattery.es/hembras/ancestrosronja/Never Mind's Radio Ga-Ga.jpg

Gaga's offspring are listed here, after his International Standings link:

DK*Never Mind's Radio Ga-Ga. TopCat

Oliver's good looks were come by rightfully.

Last edited:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
He sure is. He's ten years old and weighs about 22lbs at the moment. I'll include this pic of his forebears because I love the names and hopefully it will entertain others. I particularly like 'Snobbrannan's Fanny.' I did post this on another thread but it got no traction there. View attachment 196544
:crackup:Love the names. Show & race horses have some crazy names too. :lol2::lol:

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:crackup:I can just image their faces :lolup:
Have you ever taken a picture of Greg & Arnold from underneath the table? I saw one once and it looked like the cat was hovering in mid-air.
Way cool.:lovecat2:

I will try to take a picture from under the glass tabke while they are lying in it. I saw a pic like that on this site and you are right.....it did look very unique.

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow.....just stunning!

What kind of cat is he?
Bobcat. He's was 30lbs about a month ago, but, he seems to go through eating stages (so to speak). For awhile he was eating 3/4lb in the morning and 3/4lb in the evening. Then that gradually tapered off to 1/4lb in the morning and 1/4th in the evenings.
He has done that same thing in the past though...lots to very little. BUT, THIS time we decided to blame it on feeding him outside in the morning. We would get home in the evening and every day there would more food still in his bowl. WITH flies, fly eggs, and a few yellow jackets feasting on what he wouldn't eat.
We decided that he probably ate a little bit 1st thing, then went back for more later and inhaled a yellow jacket. AND/OR it was too nasty for him. (for a bobcat, he's pretty darn finicky). If something upsets his stomach one day, he won't eat the same thing ever again.
Anyway, now he's to one meal a day in the evenings. 1lb and I have a clean bowl every morning.

North American bobcat, but...he's a "southern" bobcat. More lanky than his "northern" cousins. Shorter hair as well.
He's 30lbs and darn near has an anorexic appearance in the summer and his fur is short and tan colored.
As of right now (September) the yellowish/tan is disappearing and he's getting NOTICEABLY grayer color, and his fur is getting longer...making him look chunky again.

Last edited:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Bobcat. He's was 30lbs about a month ago, but, he seems to go through eating stages (so to speak). For awhile he was eating 3/4lb in the morning and 3/4lb in the evening. Then that gradually tapered off to 1/4lb in the morning and 1/4th in the evenings.
He has done that same thing in the past though...lots to very little. BUT, THIS time we decided to blame it on feeding him outside in the morning. We would get home in the evening and every day there would more food still in his bowl. WITH flies, fly eggs, and a few yellow jackets feasting on what he wouldn't eat.
We decided that he probably ate a little bit 1st thing, then went back for more later and inhaled a yellow jacket. AND/OR it was too nasty for him. (for a bobcat, he's pretty darn finicky). If something upsets his stomach one day, he won't eat the same thing ever again.
Anyway, now he's to one meal a day in the evenings. 1lb and I have a clean bowl every morning.

North American bobcat, but...he's a "southern" bobcat. More lanky than his "northern" cousins. Shorter hair as well.
He's 30lbs and darn near has an anorexic appearance in the summer and his fur is short and tan colored.
As of right now (September) the yellowish/tan is disappearing and he's getting NOTICEABLY grayer color, and his fur is getting longer...making him look chunky again.

:redheartpump::hearthrob::hugs::clap::clap2::catrub::redheartpump::hearthrob: