The Big Breeds (and Mixes): Post 'em Here!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

rink23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is Kat, or Katgirl.
No idea on breed. She's just a good old, All-American cat.
She is 10-years-old and we have lived together in southeastern Illinois, just outside of St. Louis, since August of 2012. She just wandered in and never left.
When Kat showed up she had eating issues.
Basically, everything she ate came right back up. This lasted for about a month until we found the proper food, and it has not been an issue since.
She weighed about 12 pounds when she adopted me. Once we got her food issues figured out, the pounds piled up within three years she was up to 19.5 pounds and she's stayed in the 18-19 pound range ever since.
We're on something of a diet, but she rarely eats everything in her bowl in the first place.
She's an elderly cat, never leaves the house, the place isn't that big so she can only wander so much, and spends most of her time either sleeping or watching whatever I might be doing.
She's a great cat. Never bit or scratched me outside of play.
The only thing she doesn't like is other cat s, but she is my best friend.
cool kat.jpg
Kat on desk.jpg
kat in bag.jpg

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is Kat, or Katgirl.
She is 10-years-old and we have lived together in southeastern Illinois, just outside of St. Louis, since August of 2012. She just wandered in and never left.
Basically, everything she ate came right back up. This lasted for about a month until we found the proper food, and it has not been an issue since.
She weighed about 12 pounds when she adopted me. Once we got her food issues figured out, the pounds piled up within three years she was up to 19.5 pounds and she's stayed in the 18-19 pound range ever since.
We're on something of a diet, but she rarely eats everything in her bowl in the first place.
She's an elderly cat, never leaves the house, the place isn't that big so she can only wander so much, and spends most of her time either sleeping or watching whatever I might be doing.
View attachment 259861 View attachment 259862 View attachment 259864
rink23 rink23 - She's a big beautiful girl, and Furballsmom Furballsmom will adore her since she appears to be a baseball fan!

Welcome - to both of you - to the Photos Forum; here's hoping that we see a lot more of Katgirl.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL, did you happen to notice that your baby's ears and those fan blades are at almost the same angle?
of course, I'm in love :thumbsup: :cloud9: --absolutely GORGEOUS and bless you for opening your heart!!

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is Kat, or Katgirl.
View attachment 259861 View attachment 259862 View attachment 259864
Hello rink23 rink23 and Katgirl, and welcome to TCS! Kat is beautiful -- she has lovely coloring and is so plushy! We look forward to more wonderful photos of her. What foods have worked for her, by the way? I'm curious.