The Beast

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks. She's doing very well for now. But that new food doesn't seem to be satisfying her. She's really hungry. I'm calling the vet this morning to see what I can do. She's going after the cat's food and even raced me over to Amber's plate to try to scarf up the trimmings on the plate before I could pick it up. She won.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've seen you mention "The Beast" before, so going with that description, I had no idea she was such a beautiful dog. :hearthrob:
Sorry she's having health issues. Feel better Jackie. :vibes::vibes::vibes:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick started to call her Poodle Paw because they shaved her front leg to do the IVs when she was in hospital. That girl has more names than Carter has pills. Her name was Jacqueline, but when we got her, we told our vet her name was Jackie. That's really what we all called her. And then I started calling her Yon Beast, which became The Beast. She's also known as "Seriously, Dog?" when she does something really stupid. And now Poodle Paw.

It's the eyes. Those eyes are simply stunning, IMO. And she knows how to use them.
When we were at the hospital, she was up on the bench in the exam room, leaning up against me and I had my arm around her. Well, we were talking about putting her to sleep. She looked up and over at me with those eyes and I completely lost it and started blubbering like a baby. And at that point? We couldn't do it. She wasn't ready and neither were we.

We told Rick's mom about The Beast, what was going on and how we were dealing with it. She kind of shrugged and said, "Well, do what you have to do. It's OK to put her down." Rick looked at her and said, "Frankly, Mom, it doesn't matter if it's OK or not, she's our Beast and we'll do what we think is right. We're her people now." She shrugged again and that was that. She never really cared for his dad's dogs and just tolerated them more than anything.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It seems like my Grandparents generation has a different view on things like this. In some ways; much more pragmatic than emotional.

It's a juggling act with the older sick ones. I just donated a bunch of food that I had around for Noodles because she was hard to satisfy. I threw out so much uneaten food. I've got months worth of her meds too. Oh well; she was worth it. ;) You know when they still have their will to live and fight. It helps with those decisions. :hugs:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
She is not doing well. She pooped on the floor last night and it's all diarrhea. We got home and I cleaned that up. But yet, despite Rick taking her out a lot last night up until about 1:00 this morning, she pooped three times during the night. We just cleaned up her breakfast that she vomited and it's bile. Vomiting and diarrhea are two of the symptoms she had before. We'll keep an eye on her for a while, but we may end up taking her down to the vet this afternoon. The flag is not flying and her eyes are so sad.

Please keep us in your thoughts.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Our Beast/Jackie went to the Bridge this afternoon. It was time. We were blessed to have been able to spend those last three weeks or so with her. We're having her cremated and will scatter her ashes on top of Rick's Dad's grave; that's what he wanted.

It's been hard. I think I will hear her jingles on her collar every day for the rest of my life.

Thank you for keeping her in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you for being there for us. :redheartpump:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Pam, I am so so very sorry. 😢:grouphug:

I know you loved Jackie. You named her the Beast, at first. But then she wiggled her way into your huge heart.

Please send my condolences to Rick. Jackie was his last link to his Dad. ((((((Hug))))) to both of you.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My condolences for this abrupt and unhappy change in your life. It was a kind thing to do for Jackie and an absolutely horrid, agonizing thing for you. I hope you are able to rest well and sleep tonight.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Pam,I am, so very sorry for your loss.She was a beautiful girl and you were so blessed to have each other.You and Rick are in my thoughts and prayers.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our Beast/Jackie went to the Bridge this afternoon. It was time. We were blessed to have been able to spend those last three weeks or so with her. We're having her cremated and will scatter her ashes on top of Rick's Dad's grave; that's what he wanted.

It's been hard. I think I will hear her jingles on her collar every day for the rest of my life.

Thank you for keeping her in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you for being there for us. :redheartpump:
I'm so sorry for your loss. You and Rick took wonderful care of that dear girl. She was reunited with Rick's dad in the blink of an eye and I have no doubt that their reunion was a wonderful one. I also have no doubt that when she told him about how good you were to her he told her that he knew and he will thank the both of you personally when your paths cross again one day. RIP Jackie.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry. Jackie knew how much you loved her. R.I.P sweet lovely loyal girl.:alright:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Pam

I am so, so sorry. I have tears running down my face.

Love to you and Rick

Miaxxxxxx