The babies love their new litter box!

AllieCat91

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just wanted to share my positive experience with Litter Robot. I have 4 cats and bought a litter robot for them a few months ago. I only got one to see if they would even use it. I had my doubts. The first day both of my boys used it, no issues. They couldn’t care less. It took my girls a few weeks but I have two now and don’t have to scoop litter anymore! I will never go back. I also love that it tells me how often it’s used so I can detect any urinary issues sooner. Nick (he only has 3 legs) didn’t have any issues either. I was nervous he would have trouble getting in it but nope, he was the first one to use it. Now it’s entertainment for him. He watches it cycle almost everytime 🤣

The cost deterred me at first but I’m saving so much on litter. I’m saving about $50-$60 a month right there. Plus I used a coupon link to save $25 and bought one refurbished to save $100.

who else loves litter robot?!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The only thing stopping me is I don't know if you can monitor your cats elimination habits with it. Does it have a a tray or something that contains the poo and pee clumps? The videos I've seen make it seem like it washes the litter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AllieCat91

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The only thing stopping me is I don't know if you can monitor your cats elimination habits with it. Does it have a a tray or something that contains the poo and pee clumps? The videos I've seen make it seem like it washes the litter.
Yep it empties into a bin underneath and then you get a message on your phone when it’s full! I have a cat with IBD so I definitely monitor his poop. I also have 3 males so I like to know that everyone is peeing. The app on your phone also tells you how many times they have been in the box so you can see if it’s been used more frequently. I like this because you can detect a possible uti or urinary blockage. It can’t distinguish between cats but it can atleast make you aware that someone isn’t feeling well.

crouton

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For me it’s a no. No matter what litter is used inside the globe stays dirty after a tumble, and average sized cats will brush onto the dirty sides when trying to climb in or out ugh. I wasn’t about to be taking it apart daily for a clean. Also it doesn’t scoop out small bits of poo or pee after it makes clumps fall apart with the tumble, so the bin inside is always containing little bits of dirty litter even with so called hard clumping litter and finally even the open air is not large enough for a cat to turn around in, it’s a very small space that traps smells.

some people love it, I just don’t see the appeal. I’d rather not have my cats struggling to turn around in a globe full of litter dust and poop/pee streaks.

With multiple cats there’s no way to monitor output, it doesn’t track by microchip or anything and at that price it should. For me it’s better to have cameras and just scoop manually so I know who’s doing what and can monitor the poop and pee output.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AllieCat91

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
For me it’s a no. No matter what litter is used inside the globe stays dirty after a tumble, and average sized cats will brush onto the dirty sides when trying to climb in or out ugh. I wasn’t about to be taking it apart daily for a clean. Also it doesn’t scoop out small bits of poo or pee after it makes clumps fall apart with the tumble, so the bin inside is always containing little bits of dirty litter even with so called hard clumping litter and finally even the open air is not large enough for a cat to turn around in, it’s a very small space that traps smells.

some people love it, I just don’t see the appeal. I’d rather not have my cats struggling to turn around in a globe full of litter dust and poop/pee streaks.

With multiple cats there’s no way to monitor output, it doesn’t track by microchip or anything and at that price it should. For me it’s better to have cameras and just scoop manually so I know who’s doing what and can monitor the poop and pee output.
Wow I don’t have any of those issues. My biggest is 18# and has no issues turning around in it. I was very surprised with how big it was. I do have a camera on them so I know who is using it and when. That way if someone is in and out frequently I will know who.

crouton

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow I don’t have any of those issues. My biggest is 18# and has no issues turning around in it. I was very surprised with how big it was. I do have a camera on them so I know who is using it and when. That way if someone is in and out frequently I will know who.
I think some people just don’t notice the issues as much as I do (not a dig!) I’m sensitive to that stuff. The inside is definitely not large enough for a larger cat to go in and turn in my opinion, and then they do brush the walls if they squeeze in which creates the dirty fur issues. I’m glad it works for you others like it, for me it causes more stress

Buffster7

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just got one and so far so good. I'll wipe down the globe on the inside before bed each night just to stay on top of any skid marks or dust (which so far I've seen neither). I know people say they can't monitor their cat's poop or pee habits, but honestly - how does one monitor poop and pee habits with multiple cats sharing litter boxes? One of my boys has FLUTD, and recently had blood in his urine which I never saw in the litter box (this was prior to the Litter Robot) - I only caught it because I noticed his frequent trips to the litter box and took him straight to the vet that night. Never have I 'caught' an issue by inspecting the litter box, so I have no qualms about using the litter robot.

I also have a boy that pees high. I think sometimes it's due to his arthritic joints, but I also think sometimes he does it to piss his brother off. I'm not kidding, these two intentionally antagonize each other. The other morning as I was leaving for work, he peed so high, over the top of his XL litter box with fortified cardboard behind it. HUGE pee puddle under the litter box and on the floor. I had to drop everything to do the cleanup, was late for work. I ordered the Litter Robot that day, and it's been fan-freaking-tastic since then. I watched Charlie pee super high today - looked like he was standing on his tiptoes in the back - and I was so grateful for the robot.

Question: did you purchase the steps? I did not, I placed a foot stool in front of it, but the boys avoid it and jump over it. I'm wondering if I shouldn't just break down and purchase the darn steps..?

Radtech49

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't have any issues with any of my 3 cats turning around in it and i have cameras on one of them to see if anyone stays in there too long. As far as monitoring your cat's output, not sure how this is any different than a regular litter box that you scoop daily. You don't know what cat pooped or pee when more than 1 is sharing a box. I look in the drawer and if something looks off, i will separate the cats for a day to see who might be having an issue. As far as rubbing up against litter dust, poo, not sure how that differs from a regular litter box either. I habe one cat who is a digger and a kicker and i would routinely find litter outside the box, on all sides of box and even pee on the sides of the box as he likes to lift amd spray his urine on occasion.

I clean my robot weekly by wiping the inside down with hot water. Every 6 months or so, i take the whole thing apart and clean it more throughly. I'd say my cleaning schedule is much less than a regular litter box.
I have 2 robots and i would hate to go back to scooping 3-4 times a day. I will say that there is much room for improvement. One of my robots will stop turning about 2x a month and i come home to find it upside down and blinking. I shake the globe and it turns again. I only have this issue with the one that's used the most, not with the other one. It's not perfect, but it's the closest thing on the market atm.