The 2022 Exercise Motivation Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My usual 1 hour indoor power walk around 2:30pm. The ponytail seems to be the only thing that works to keep my hair back. I ordered some ponytail holders that look like rubberbands from Target. I didn't read the reviews until after I ordered. It says they break after one use! What is the point then? I wish I had just ordered regular scrunchies, but I wanted something washable in the sink, since she won't let me use the washing machine and I like a fresh hair tie each morning. Pic/link of the ones I bought:
Scunci Assorted Size And Color Polybands - 300ct : Target
View attachment 408653
I have something similar, but clear. Sometimes I use them twice, but they stretch out too much. I think that's why they give you so many. They're good for when I want to do fancier things with my hair that require more elastics.

For just everyday ponytails/messy buns, I usually use something like these for myself.
dffc52b2-fa74-44ac-a38f-7d84453c2492.4191d0aade4ac30ec5e20f9d7d8f228a.jpeg

I should buy some of those colored ones you got for J's hair when it gets a bit longer. They'd be perfect for toddler hair, especially if I could just break them off at the end of the day and not have her sit still to unwrap it.

Just my usual 1 hour indoor power walk. I'm not seeing much results yet after about 2 weeks, so might switch back to squats. Though I really hate doing them. I hate sweating! Do you guys always shower after your workout? It's hard cause I take my shower at 7am, but exercise at 2:30pm. I can't take a 2nd shower here...
Lol, I have a 12 month old, I shower about 3 times a week when my husband is having lunch and I can leave the baby in the high chair with him. I usually work out in the mornings, so the shower is after my workout, but rarely right after.

I did my weightlifting yesterday.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Wasn't expecting to get in an outdoor walk today, but temp got up to above freezing, so I got in a 27 minute walk. Still struggling to get 30 minutes consistently, but I'm getting close.

I hate sweating! Do you guys always shower after your workout?
I hate sweating too, so if I think I'm going to sweat, I wait and take my shower after my walk. That happens most often in the summer, and less often in the winter. And if I do end up sweating after already taking a shower, I will have 2nd one. But I'm not on a well, so using extra water isn't a problem.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have something similar, but clear. Sometimes I use them twice, but they stretch out too much.
Wow, I never heard of that. Seems wasteful to throw them away.

For just everyday ponytails/messy buns, I usually use something like these for myself.
Thanks. Would those be washable? Easy to wash in the sink?

especially if I could just break them off at the end of the day and not have her sit still to unwrap it.
Huh. Never heard of this. Ones I used as a kid never broke!

I shower about 3 times a week
Do you exercise on the days you don't shower? Just wondering if it's gross to work out after showering or if I can get by til the next day on the shower?

I'm not on a well, so using extra water isn't a problem.
Yeah, we have a well. Another reason I hate country living.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you exercise on the days you don't shower? Just wondering if it's gross to work out after showering or if I can get by til the next day on the shower
Sometimes! I always work out in the morning because
A) the longer I put it off, the less likely I am to do it, and
B) lunch is an easy time for my husband to watch J where she's contained, so if I get super gross, I know a shower within a few hours is possible. But sometimes I can't get the lunch shower when I've worked out and just deal.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dffc52b2-fa74-44ac-a38f-7d84453c2492.4191d0aade4ac30ec5e20f9d7d8f228a.jpeg
Do you think I could wash these in the sink after I do my dishes in the dish water and rinse off? Or would that not work?

But sometimes I can't get the lunch shower when I've worked out and just deal.
Okay. Maybe I'll try doing my squats, booty shaking, and arm lifts for a month and see if I can do without the shower after.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you think I could wash these in the sink after I do my dishes in the dish water and rinse off? Or would that not work?
Oh right, I forgot to answer that part! 🤦‍♀️ Sorry!

Honestly, I don't wash them. I just wear until they're too stretched out or have too much hair caught in them, but I don't see why you couldn't! They wouldn't break or anything.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm having a busy week!

:runaround:

Saturday and Sunday I did 90 minutes of yoga. Monday was a lot of cleaning, then a 1 hour walk. One hour of yoga yesterday and ne hour walk today.

Wow, I never heard of that. Seems wasteful to throw them away.
I have similar ones. Once they stretch out you can soak them in hot water and they shrink again.
Thanks. Would those be washable? Easy to wash in the sink?
I stick mine in with the laundry and they come out OK.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly, I don't wash them. I just wear until they're too stretched out or have too much hair caught in them, but I don't see why you couldn't! They wouldn't break or anything.
I wash everything! Well, the things that I can wash in the sink at least.

I stick mine in with the laundry and they come out OK.
My mother won't let me use the washing machine and she won't wash anything special like that. She's a psycho.

I have similar ones. Once they stretch out you can soak them in hot water and they shrink again.
The black ones Lari posted? Or the rubberband type ones I posted that I ordered from Target?

Just my usual one hour indoor power walk, probably around 2:30pm. I've been drinking my bottle of water while I walk, so I have more time after to drink my coffee. It seems like I never have enough time. I must be the busiest unemployed person ever! I don't know how I will manage if I ever have to get a full time job. I would rather be a stay at home housewife and cat mom. Probably should have married that creepy old guy I met on my walks. Ha! He was like 78 though, with a beard and long hair. Not really my type. Nice, but kinda creepy.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Your last paragraph made me laugh, M maggiedemi , both the "busiest unemployed person ever" and "probably should have married that creepy old guy I met on my walks." I can relate to your first comment, as it's crazy how well I fill all my time, and wonder how I managed when I worked. But we women are pretty adaptable, and find ways to get things done. About marrying the 78 year old creepy guy, though, yeah, that probably wouldn't have been so great. ;)

It rained here yesterday, then things froze overnight, so though salt was put down, think I'll stay inside, rather than risk slipping

giphy.gif

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been drinking my bottle of water while I walk, so I have more time after to drink my coffee. It seems like I never have enough time. I must be the busiest unemployed person ever! I don't know how I will manage if I ever have to get a full time job.
You make it work somehow, multitask, and catch up on your time off. Depending on your job, there are things you can do while working. I could drink coffee (in a cup with a lid) and water, and that would probably be possible in a lot of office type jobs as well. I never cleaned enough when I was working (still don't), and don't exercise every day.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About marrying the 78 year old creepy guy, though, yeah, that probably wouldn't have been so great. ;)
He offered me so much though! Put my name on the house deed, build a vacation home, he showed me all his trucks and offered me one, a washing machine, cook vegetarian food for me. He likes vanilla. He's a retired bus driver from the school nearby. Probably should have asked him to shave his beard and cut his hair, maybe would have looked less creepy! His beard was like down to his knees. :lol:

don't exercise every day.
Yeah, any job I'm qualified for would probably be manual labor, so I might not need to exercise. Ha! ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
The black ones Lari posted? Or the rubberband type ones I posted that I ordered from Target?
They look like the ones you have. They're the kind that are not supposed to tangle in your hair. When they get stretched I soak them in a mug of hot water and they shrink again
I can relate to your first comment, as it's crazy how well I fill all my time, and wonder how I managed when I worked
I was blissfully unemployed for a while and was never ever bored. :cloud9: I've just taken on a load of extra students so I'm working another 8 hours a week for the next couple of months. It's pretty manic but I'm managing so far.
You make it work somehow, multitask, and catch up on your time off.
:yeah: I'm a bit of a neat freak, but I've started neglecting the house work so I have time to exercise instead.

One hour walk and 30 minutes yoga yesterday. Nothing so far today, but I get a yoga break later on.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got the hair ties from Target, the colored ones that look like rubberbands. I haven't tried them yet, but they look so small! I hope they don't break. Just my usual 1 hour indoor power walk today, probably around 2:30pm.
1643295109726.png

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one of the rubberband type hairties in right now. They hurt when you take them out! I only tried taking it out once, then put it back in. It didn't break. I don't really like them, will probably order the ones Lari posted and more regular small scrunchies. I have a headband in with it to catch the stray hairs.

Just my usual 1 hour indoor power walk around 2:30pm. Will probably switch to doing squats sometime in February if I don't get any results/tightening up with my power walks.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just my usual 1 hour power walk around 2:30pm. I washed one of those rubberband hair ties in the sink dishwater and reused it. It didn't break yet. They do hurt and pull some of your hair out when you take them out though. I prefer regular scrunchies I think, but those will have to wait until I get access to my own washing machine or closer to a laundromat, since she won't let me use the washing machine.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm gonna try to do 1 hour of squats and bootyshaking exercises for 2 weeks at least. I hate doing it. I hate sweating cause I already took my shower. But I want to see if I get better results. My walk does absolutely nothing for arms, butt, thigh tightening for some reason. I wish it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.