The 2022 Exercise Motivation Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any stairs you can add to your walking? If so, that'll help raise your heart rate.
No, just the super old cellar stairs that would probably break under my power walk.

Squats work really good, but I hate doing them. I might have to, if my power walk doesn't tighten up my butt/thigh area.

Well, yeah. That makes sense. I mean, that's just science, right?
Yeah, and when you lift up the guy's hat, he has no hair growing under it.

Just my usual 1 hour indoor power walk around 2:30pm.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just my usual 1 hour indoor power walk. I got my hair bandeaus. I have the corduroy one on, but it's not really keeping my hair back. Maybe the other 2 will work better, we'll see. Might have to do a ponytail even though I dislike them.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
After doing so great with my outside walks back in December, January has been the exact opposite, with cold, wind, rain or snow all conspiring to keep me inside. :(

Guess I need need to clean off the soles of my summer sneakers and start doing inside walks like M maggiedemi . 🚶‍♀️
Or look into starting yoga... again. 🧘‍♀️

1642608311125.png

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just my usual 1 hour indoor power walk. I got my hair bandeaus. I have the corduroy one on, but it's not really keeping my hair back. Maybe the other 2 will work better, we'll see. Might have to do a ponytail even though I dislike them.
Can you do a half ponytail? Or a side one?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I was really busy yesterday so only had time for a 1 hour power yoga practice. It was a good one though. Heading out for a walk this afternoon, if the temperatures get above freezing. It's supposed to be warmer here next week. I can't wait for spring!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you do a half ponytail? Or a side one?
What is a half ponytail? A side one won't work 'cause I need it back out of my way.

Or add a few Bobby pins to hold the strays?
I don't have any, I only have barrettes.

Just my usual 1 hour indoor power walk. When I pick up the pace, I start to sweat. I hate sweating! That's why I liked my slow leisurely walks. Oh well, maybe I'll get better results...

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Something like these!

I also tend to do some low side ponytails, like this one TSwift has.
Taylor-Swift-Long-Blonde-Low-Side-Ponytail-For-Homecoming-Dance-With-Side-Swept-Bangs.jpg

It helps me keep hair off both my face and out of the way of the barbell when I'm weightlifting.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Something like these!

I also tend to do some low side ponytails, like this one TSwift has.
Yeah, I've been doing something sorta similar and it's not working. I need my hair completely back out of the way. I used to love wearing it down, but now it's just in my way. Now I can see why Ma Ingalls on Little House On The Prairie wore her hair up all the time! It's impossible to do cleaning and cooking. :lol:

Just my usual 1 hour indoor power walk around 2:30pm.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Heading out for a walk this afternoon, if the temperatures get above freezing.
Just as I stepped out the door it started snowing! But I only had a few hours spare and I was all wrapped up, so I went anyway. After 30 minutes the sun came out and the forest looked beautiful, so I was glad I went.
Would have walked longer, but I was overdressed and got overheated.
I've been borrowing my husband's snowboarding jacket to keep me warm, but it's still chilly.
Got it done. That’s the best I can say about todays exercise.
But at least you did it.
:clap:

A lot of running around doing errands and 90 minutes of yoga yesterday.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just my usual 1 hour indoor power walk around 2:30pm. I've got a ponytail in right now, even though I don't like how it looks style wise. But at least it's keeping my hair out of my way. If any stray pieces fall down, I will put a headband in too with it.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My usual 1 hour indoor power walk around 2:30pm. The ponytail seems to be the only thing that works to keep my hair back. I ordered some ponytail holders that look like rubberbands from Target. I didn't read the reviews until after I ordered. It says they break after one use! What is the point then? I wish I had just ordered regular scrunchies, but I wanted something washable in the sink, since she won't let me use the washing machine and I like a fresh hair tie each morning. Pic/link of the ones I bought:
Scunci Assorted Size And Color Polybands - 300ct : Target
1643037803774.png

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just my usual 1 hour indoor power walk. I'm not seeing much results yet after about 2 weeks, so might switch back to squats. Though I really hate doing them. I hate sweating! Do you guys always shower after your workout? It's hard cause I take my shower at 7am, but exercise at 2:30pm. I can't take a 2nd shower here...

Status
Not open for further replies.