The 2022 Exercise Motivation Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Last night I just did arms and abs.

Today we did a 2 mile hike through a state park with our co-op.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
We're snowed in. No walks for me until the snow ploughs make it up this far. Lots of shoveling and 90 minutes of yoga today

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We're snowed in. No walks for me until the snow ploughs make it up this far. Lots of shoveling and 90 minutes of yoga today
We've had a snow-free week, and I wondered where it had gone. Now I know. :lol:

Nice and sunny here today, so should get out for a walk at some point.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
We've had a snow-free week, and I wondered where it had gone. Now I know.
Yep, we got all the snow this week.
Snow71_R.jpg
Snow73_R.jpg

I did an hour of yoga today and then spent about an hour shoveling a path so the cats could get from the house to the first cat tree. I didn't bother shoveling the bottom half of the enclosure (second picture) My arms had done enough. Here's Heidi inspecting the trench I shoveled for her.
Snow78_R.jpg

I feel like I've scooped enough litter boxes for it to qualify as a competitive sport too. :lol: Hopefully they're going to feel like peeing outside now I've uncovered some dirt and leaves for them

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yep, we got all the snow this week.
It didn't look like that much in the first 2 pics, but the 3rd one definitely shows that you got lots of snow! Ours is melting very quickly with this week's above freezing temps. Today is going up to around 11C / 52F, so will be a good snow melting, and walking, day.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I think it's going to take a while to melt. It's below freezing here all the time and it's snowing again now. Filling up my lovely trench. :rolleyes2:

90 minutes of yoga today.

Deer75_R.jpg

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Awww... he's adorable, but look how deep the snow is. You better shovel some trenches for Bambi too. :deer:

Went for a walk yesterday, and the day before. Yesterday it was so warm walking, I almost took my jacket off. Today temps are back to normal, so I'll have to bundle up with a hat and gloves for my walk.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Well, I've only managed three walks this week. Monday I walked for about 45 minutes, just trudging along the lanes that the snow plough had cleared. Tuesday was really windy and the trees were throwing clumps of snow down so I stayed home. Wednesday I walked for an hour and today I walked for 90 minutes.

I had an exciting walk. I saw a couple that live in this area on the path coming towards me. We often see each other out on our walks. When they were about 50 meters away an animal ran out of a small lane between us. At first I though, "Oh, I didn't know they had a dog." Then I realised it was a wild boar! We all stood still waiting to see what the boar would do. It was trying to go up hill, but the snow banks were too steep for it to get up, so it started running towards me. I thought if I stayed completely still it might run straight past me, but then I realised it was coming right at me. When it got too close I started clapping my hands and yelling and it turned around and ran back the way it had came.

That's the closest I've ever been to a wild boar! Luckily it was a fairly small one, I think a big male would have just charged and sent me flying. Glad I had some witnesses, shame I didn't have a camera.

1645268497720.png
1645268505709.png
1645268508819.png
1645268511286.png
1645268514040.png

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That sounds scary, Norachan Norachan . Probably good you didn't have a camera, or you might not have been as aware of the potential danger.

I've gone for a few walks this week, but weather keeps causing me to skip days, so I'm having trouble getting into a routine.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
We've had a snow-free week, and I wondered where it had gone. Now I know. :lol:

Nice and sunny here today, so should get out for a walk at some point.
Snow here too! Maybe we got some leftovers of Norachan Norachan . But I don't know if it travels across the Pacific. But maybe?
A walk today and saw some good birds, a Canvasback (a duck) and a Northern Shoveler (another duck) coming into breeding colors. Maybe a mama owl in a nest from last year, don't know if it was twigs peeking out or her "horn" feathers, a Great Horned Owl maybe on her eggs.

Tai Chi class last Thursday.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wednesday morning i start physical therapy for my legs and knees .... i feel like im starting to get arthritis in both knees
My sister is a PT, and my brother has gotten some on his wrist. It can really make a difference if you put in the work at home. Good luck.

Took J on a nice long walk today. It was close to 40 and sunny. So beautiful. Then took her back outside to follow her around the yard because she wasn't a fan of only being in the stroller and not getting to walk around.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Well, I've managed to walk almost every day and I haven't had any more close calls with wildlife, so that's good. There's still a lot of snow around but it's starting to melt. It's really muddy on some parts of the trail that get a lot of sun. Doing yoga every day too. I've been working on arm balances and upper body strength.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to Stroller Barre this morning and will be walking to the park sometime this afternoon to let the tiny human run and climb.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister is a PT, and my brother has gotten some on his wrist. It can really make a difference if you put in the work at home. Good luck.

Took J on a nice long walk today. It was close to 40 and sunny. So beautiful. Then took her back outside to follow her around the yard because she wasn't a fan of only being in the stroller and not getting to walk around.
Lari Lari tonite i tried two different kinds of exercises from PT and it was hard but i did it!

Status
Not open for further replies.