The 2022 Exercise Motivation Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Morning. I took a week off from working out then was mostly off boards for a while but Hiiiii. :) Barre is the plan today.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure if I'm going to stick with the squats exercises. It was like torture. I just hate that type of exercising. I'd rather do my walks, even though it takes months to get results. I even tried to do the squats really slowly so I wouldn't sweat, but I still did sweat. My legs are sore this morning too. Probably go back to my 1 hour indoor walk today around 2:30pm, but we'll see what happens...

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately, I think we can only fight genetics so much. Over a year of weightlifting heavier and heavier before my wedding, I got stronger and my arms thinned a little, but theyre still flabby. And I'd love lose out of my thighs and calves, but I'm pear shaped, so that's the last place it'll go.

I weightlifted yesterday, and today I went back to Stroller Strides after a month off so I could isolate before and after J's party. It felt so good to be out again.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I actually got outside for a walk yesterday. Sidewalks were still pretty icy, so ended up walking in the street, but stayed in the neighbourhood, where there's little traffic, so was fine. Today it's supposed to get above freezing, so hopefully I can get out again.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Took my 1 hour indoor power walk yesterday. Not sure if I'm going to keep doing the walks, or try to do some housework instead. She doesn't let me do much, because of her hoarding clutter, but maybe I can start to do some stuff. It's just so overwhelming. Those hair rubberbands I got at Target last about 3 days I think, then they break. I didn't count exactly how many days, but it was a few.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I'm gonna skip my walk for a while. I just weighed myself and I only weigh 108 pounds. 😲 I haven't weighed myself in like a year, so I had no idea, and I'm back in my sweatpants, so I thought I gained weight. This could be why I feel hopeless and shake all the time. I need more protein I guess. Butt & thighs are still flabby though! That's kinda weird.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh good thread this is! Will help me because I've been so lax lately.
Yesterday I finally did my Pilates DVD, 2 areas, thighs and belly. And shoveling 9 inches of snow for the aerobic exercise.
Today the plan is Tai Chi DVD and rest of the Pilates DVD.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I just got back from a walk around the neighbourhood. Had to walk a bit slower than usual due to some icy patches, but the slower walk helped me get to the 30 minute mark. So a bit of a win, I guess. :walk:

I think skipping your walks for a bit is wise, M maggiedemi . 🤗
Focus on getting more calories into your daily diet, like maybe smoothies.
There's some tips and recipes at High Calorie Smoothies for Weight Gain.

Welcome to our exercise thread, pearl99 pearl99 . The more of us to motivate and encourage each other, the better. :grouphug2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
My work schedule is a little hectic this month, but I've been doing a series of 40 minute power yoga videos and a walk every day. Hoping to have time for regular longer practices soon.

Bri5

Alpha Cat
Purraise
Exercise bike says I biked 2.5 miles. My heart rate is definitely up from the increased resistance.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No walking for a few days, as we've been having either messy wintery weather, or freezing cold temperatures. Tomorrow is supposed to be the first of several warm days, so hope to get back into going for my daily walks.

Bri5

Alpha Cat
Purraise
We had a break in the rain so kids and dog and I went for a walk. Later I biked a mile and did some squats and planks.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I walked almost a half hour with J in the stroller then spent another ten or so minutes following her around while she explored the yard. She walked around a lot better with just normal pants and shoes, rather than snowpants and boots, so enjoyed it a lot more. At least the coat I got her is getting some use.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I've been doing either a long yoga practice and a short walk or a short practice and long walk this week. Yesterday I had time for 90 minutes of yoga and a 90 minute walk. Had to get my walk in as we were forecast snow today.

Today my main exercise has been shoveling snow, but I did a 45 minute power yoga flow too.

Status
Not open for further replies.