The 2019 Exercise Motivation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Something is better than nothing. I just don’t want to get complacent less.

I also felt like lifting made me feel good. I mean I don’t do anything serious; but some strength training made me feel stronger and I noticed a difference in some other activities when I had been lifting consistently. I don’t need to look buff; but I like feeling stronger. Maybe that’s a better way to phrase it.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending "come home baby!" thoughts!!
Tennis today, then leaf raking. We have one of those leaf blower/vacuums but I like to rake ...
I refuse to rake but running over crispy leaves with a lawn mower/mulcher is a lot of fun and good for the grass. This time of year I will mow them over every couple of days. I do also have a leaf vacuum/mulcher for the spots where I can’t get the mower.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama I've been thinking about you, how are the hands?
It's just the one hand, and it's no better, but no worse. Thanks for asking. As for exercise, I did some yard work on Sunday, but I've got a bit of a stiff neck/back, so have been kinda lying low. But, maybe, lying low is a mistake, and I should be doing more. :dunno:

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This is a busy time of year and I re-discover muscles I have not used in a while. I have a boiler in my home that I installed last year but, I still like to have a wood fire when it gets really cold. I used to have to cut and split 4-5 full cord of wood. I do a little less than half of that now but, my body hurts from 2 days of working on the wood. I should exercise more to keep this old body working. I do wwalk around a lot in my yard. Winter makes it hard to walk tho....2-3 feet of snow makes for slow walking LOL.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Everybody..ya doing better than me..I aint getting no exercise in...But going to mail n take trash out..Yea I know that AINT good either...:rolleyes::confused:I got a heel spur so that dont make it ANY easier

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama I found this for you, in case it might be helpful. I'd used it a couple years ago, and still do some days :)

A couple hours of tennis yesterday - I got a bit stiff afterwards and an old muscle-pull got a little cranky - the relatives were all "are you ok?!" LOL

They're on their way home already this morning, so that means I'm headed out to the tennis court again - the whole next week is forecast to be quite cold, and snowy - my favorite skiing location is open already so hopefully I'll be able to get up there and do some cross country skiing :)

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama I found this for you, in case it might be helpful. I'd used it a couple years ago, and still do some days :)

[/URL]
Thank you. :thumbsup:

A couple hours of tennis yesterday - I got a bit stiff afterwards and an old muscle-pull got a little cranky - the relatives were all "are you ok?!" LOL

They're on their way home already this morning, so that means I'm headed out to the tennis court again - the whole next week is forecast to be quite cold, and snowy - my favorite skiing location is open already so hopefully I'll be able to get up there and do some cross country skiing :)
Don't overdo it. No pain, no gain, isn't always the best advice. And, snow already. Br-rrrr... :cold:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I woke up cranky and feeling stressed this morning with absolutely no reason why. Yesterday I settled the big details in my bathroom remodel and nothing new going on. After missing nearly a week due to the bathroom demo I knew it should be a gym day. I just couldn’t get motivated but I finally forced myself to go. When I do this I always tell myself I can always leave early if I really hate it.

I don’t usually use the word pleasurable in relation to the gym but It felt so good I smiled through my half hour on the elliptical, which is my least favorite part of my exercise program. And as always the weight machines felt wonderful and like they stretched out all my stiff muscles.

And I am most definitely a not a person who has always enjoyed exercise. In fact I did little to none until my mid fifties and my diabetes diagnosis. When I started, a walk around the block exhausted me. I just find it amazing that I have reached the point at 68 where I not only exercise every other day but like it and miss it when I don’t.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last week I didn't get ONE day done. I only had one day where I didn't have something going on. Today I got my 3 miles in even though I haven't had time to actually sit down at all yet and it's 3pm. I did sit to eat breakfast; but even that wasn't for long enough for me to post today's question of the day on here. :dizzycat:😵 Mooch was trying to follow me around and she finally just sat there like "ok forget it." ;)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I've had a very active few weeks. Lizzie got out of the enclosure after the typhoon a few weeks ago and had been missing ever since. I walked for an hour or two every day looking for her, and did some shorter yoga sessions too.

Last night Lizzie came home. :yess: It was so nice not to have to think about which area to search for her today. I did a nice long yoga practice. Then I just had a short 30 minute walk, collecting my lost cat posters and thanking the people who let me put them up.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I lost 30 pounds since I left the hospital, just by walking everyday and eating fruit for breakfast. It seems like fruit really sped up my metabolism. I don't know what I weighed before the hospital, because I hadn't gotten on the scale in years. They don't give you a choice at the hospital.

I don't think I will use exercise equipment anymore, since that's when my stomach snapped, when I was using the treadmill and free weights. I actually heard & felt it snap.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had a very active few weeks. Lizzie got out of the enclosure after the typhoon a few weeks ago and had been missing ever since. I walked for an hour or two every day looking for her, and did some shorter yoga sessions too.

Last night Lizzie came home. :yess: It was so nice not to have to think about which area to search for her today. I did a nice long yoga practice. Then I just had a short 30 minute walk, collecting my lost cat posters and thanking the people who let me put them up.
That is just wonderful! I am sure you are feeling so relieved to have Lizzie back and I am sure she is pretty happy as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.