Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Norachan Norachan : Reading all the exercise you do, exhausts me. :lol:

I've been doing garden stuff, but nothing else. I haven't gone for an actual walk in weeks. Just out of the habit, I guess. :(

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Reading all the exercise you do, exhausts me.
I exhaust myself too.

:lol:

I work sitting down, so it doesn't feel like I'm making the most of my free time unless I'm moving around. Gardening stuff is good exercise though. I've been neglecting my garden, there's nothing much I can do out there while it's so soggy.

90 minutes of yoga today.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Is anyone else still exercising?

I'm starting to feel like a lonesome little hamster on a wheel, trundling away all by myself.

:confused2:

I walked for 90 minutes and did 30 minutes yoga on Tuesday. Wednesday was an hour walk and an hour of yoga. Thursday was my chores day, had to clean the house and ride my bike around getting groceries and stuff, but I managed 30 minutes yoga too.

An hour of yoga Friday, Saturday and Sunday plus another 90 minute walk yesterday.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

I'm starting to feel like a lonesome little hamster on a wheel, trundling away all by myself.
It is pretty quiet in this thread. Wonder where everyone went? :headscratch:

I'm still here, but not really exercising, which is why I'm not posting. :(

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise

:confused2:

I walked for 90 minutes and did 30 minutes yoga on Tuesday. Wednesday was an hour walk and an hour of yoga. Thursday was my chores day, had to clean the house and ride my bike around getting groceries and stuff, but I managed 30 minutes yoga too.

An hour of yoga Friday, Saturday and Sunday plus another 90 minute walk yesterday.
Absolutely. Detecting in the water for two hours every morning. If the weather is bad back to my gym an hour every other day for weights and the elliptical. Hot, cold, rain or snow the exercise must get done.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Detecting in the water for two hours every morning.
Is that metal detecting? Have you ever found any treasure?

I did 90 minutes yoga on Monday, walked for 90 minutes and did 30 minutes yoga on Tuesday. Today was kind of busy, but I started the morning with 30 minutes of sun salutations.

A few pictures of my favourite parts of the forest.

Walks221.jpg
Walks222.jpg
Walks240.jpg
Walks223_R.jpg
Walks237_R.jpg

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
One hour of yoga on Saturday. Sunday I went out for a long walk, even though it was raining. I got soaked, but that's preferable to cabin fever. 90 minutes walk and 30 minutes yoga.

Today it stopped raining! I spent about 2 hours cleaning the house, did an hour of yoga and then spent an hour cutting weeds and spiky things and picking up fallen tree branches.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hows it going everyone? It feels too hot to exercise but I've done so well this week!! My speed on the elliptical has improved a lot! The screen always says "Max RPMs: 60" when I'm setting up my goals. I try not to watch the screen too much while I work out but I've been finishing my 3 miles in about 26/27 minutes and I've seen my speed up at 57/58rpms. I feel like an Olympian. :lol:

I have not been doing any weight lifting. It's just way too hot to spend time in the garage. It's ok out there in the early morning; but I've been out watering my gardens then and sweating by the time I come inside. Hopefully when this heat wave breaks I can get that going again.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I've been doing pretty well. I do at least an hour of yoga a day and I've been walking 4 to 5 times a week, even in the rain. I'm glad I invested in a decent pair of hiking boots.

It's so humid here that I can't wear a rain coat. I go for my walks in the morning in shorts and t-shirt and get soaked, then have a shower and get dressed and do my hair and make-up for the rest of the day. No one around to see me looking like a drowned rat, so no problem.

:lol:

I've been having a lot of back pain over the past few weeks. It was only on my right side and sometimes down the inside of my right leg too. I Googled it and convinced myself I had a sports hernia. :confused: How? All I do is stretch and walk and walk and stretch!

Anyway, I went to a chiropractor yesterday and he said my pelvis was out of line so I'd probably trapped a nerve. Remember I broke my toe a while back? I was limping around for so long it put an uneven strain on my muscles, which pulled my pelvis into a strange position.

I had it massaged and cracked back into place, it feels a lot better now. I have 2 more appointments to make sure it's properly re-aligned.

I was doing yoga this afternoon and hearing all these satisfying little pops in my right hip. Hopefully it's going to be back to normal soon.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I was sure I'd posted in this thread the other day.......

:dunno:

I had a pretty good week last week, plenty of walking and yoga. On Friday I went horse riding, Saturday and today I had to work, but I had enough time for 45 minutes yoga each day.

Some pictures from my ride. It stopped raining for a few hours, we could even see blue sky!

Horses100.jpg
Horses101.jpg

A new pony at the stables. Isn't she pretty? Her name is Rami.
Horses102.jpg

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Hi guys,
Thought I would check in...I was slacking because it was so darned hot and all I was doing was watering my gardens, go to work, come home, water some more.

When I got back from vacation the middle of August I started up riding my bike at lunch time again. I only do it 3 days a week but so far I almost have my riding muscles built up to handle a full 30 minutes. At the 20 min mark, I often stand up and just let the bike roll because it's uncomfortable. I have a soft schwin seat I modified to fit on my Specialized bike. And special bike shorts made for us wider folks, but it takes time...

I went for a ride Monday Tuesday and today. I would have gone wed/thur but we had lunch fundraiser on wed and lunch for safety thingy yesterday. I feel like a tub of lard rolling down the road but I still make it up the steep hills despite the length of time I haven't ridden.

Pretty sad, took my bike on the trailer on vacation and only got on it a handful of time, rode it around the small area I was at..way up in middle of maine the roads have hardly any sides so it wasn't safe to ride and people speed up there...

anyways Feels good to feel the sun on my face and wind in my hair.

And back to digging up the land now that it's cooler..I spend an hour a night using a pitchfork to turn over the weed patch my garden turned into...and building a new garden over the culvert.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I’m doing ok on my elliptical work. I’m getting my 3 miles in about 26 minutes on the 2nd resistance level. Some weeks I’m getting 5 days in; others just 3. Its still been hot in my garage but I think in a week or two I will be able to lift again. I’ve been hesitant to actually weigh myself.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles , I would say you are doing wonderful on the elliptical. I only do two miles at the gym and it takes me 30 minutes!

After skipping the gym on Thursday, I went today even though I still wasn’t in the mood. But I always find it amazing how good it feels to stretch everything out and how I always leave feeling less stiff and more relaxed.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I haven't gone for an actual walk in months, but I have been keeping busy with gardening and painting.

Status
Not open for further replies.