The 2018 Exercise Motivation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It's very satisfying cleaning stuff, don't you think? My bike needs a new coat of paint. I'm planning on getting out for some longer rides, just as soon as I've got the cat's enclosure sorted out.

I had to work all day yesterday, but walked for an hour when I was done. 45 minutes of yoga too.

Kimbers36 Kimbers36 How did that hot yoga class go?

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
53km bike ride.

This week I rode a bike for around 240km. I guess some people drive less with a car than I ride with a bike.

So far in this month I have done around 450km and 28 hours exercising.

Over 208 000 steps too.

Well, months is in a middle so should have bit more done until end of the month.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I am loosing track of what day it is..no bike ride yesterday or today due to snow ice crappola..I went for a ride on Thursday..no ride Wed because I had a dentist appointment-I didn't want to deal with having to change clothes. Today was indoor workout-mostly aerobics-I should have gone to gym last night but it wasn't raining and I have so much yard work that needs to be done..plus I knew if I break it up in small parts it won't overwhelm me. The other days I was hauling boxes of books out of the house into the book booth I have so got a bit strength training there.

Hoping spring comes back-today is ice storm :rolleyes3: I am SO done with this crappola~~~:gaah:

Kimbers36

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kimbers36 Kimbers36 How did that hot yoga class go?
I had a great time! Love it way more than regular yoga. Probably the most I've ever sweated before. I was able to stretch much more easily because of it, but I really want to go back and do it again
:)

(Sorry for quoting. I'm still figuring out this site and unsure how to mention people in posts)

Are you repainting your bike the same colour or are you going to pick something new?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
You just type an @ and then type the person's name after that. The system usually guesses who you want to mention and a drop down menu will appear before you finish typing the whole name.

Kimbers36 Kimbers36

Glad you enjoyed the hot yoga.

Yep, the bike is going to be fire engine red, for the third year running. I still have enough paint in the can for another coat. Maybe next year I'll paint it a different colour.

Let's see, what have I done this week....?

An hour of yoga and about 2 hours yard work on Sunday.
An hour of slow-flow, deep stretch yoga yesterday.

90 minutes of yoga today. I'm almost able to get into full Monkey God pose now. I think when the weather gets warmer in the summer I'll be able to do hot yoga at home. It does make it much easier to stretch, doesn't it?

Kimbers36

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Haven't been as active this week. Mornings I've been getting up early to run to the gym. After that, just walking to and from work.

Norachan Norachan
Yay! It worked! Thanks for the help. I'm useless when it comes to technology.

That sounds awesome. If there aren't any flames on the side, it won't go as fast.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That's beautiful Kieka Kieka Wow, and you were up for sunrise! :rock: I don't think I've ever been up that early.

One hour of yoga and a 30 minute walk yesterday.

I'm planning on painting the deck this afternoon, then doing some yoga after that.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I really need to figure out something to do after work. Problem is I usually get home, eat dinner, and am asleep within an hour. I like sleep.
Maybe you could exercise during your lunch break instead? You could either go for a walk or pop into a convenient gym for a quick work out.

I took it easy on Saturday, just a bit of light gardening and 30 minutes deep stretch yoga.

Today I spent about 2 hours sawing wood and stripping bark, getting some materials ready for a new cat tree.

45 minutes yoga after that.

I'm tired now.

:sleep2::yawn::sleep:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really need to figure out something to do after work. Problem is I usually get home, eat dinner, and am asleep within an hour. I like sleep.
I like sleep too, if it would be possible I would never wake up, I like sleep that much :D

Last night I did sleep around 14 hours, I'm considering taking a nap before eating and going to bed at 8pm, it is only 3pm now.

Some days are fine with 6-7 hours of sleep, but there are more of those where 10 hours or more sleep is needed until I can get anything done.

I can force myself on bike ride, but that is then only thing I accomplish at whole day.

Reason I started doing bike rides was that exercising would make one more energetic etc. I doubt that persons claiming such know what they are talking about, sure it makes many tasks easier when you are fitter, but it is only that 1-2 hours about 1 hour after waking up that there is energy, then it is being tired more and more, at least for me.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had my first horse ride of the year today.

:bunnydance:

I did about 40 minutes of yoga as a warm up, then 90 minutes riding. let's see if I can upload a video......

I love the video!! Gonna get a camera for helmet ASAP. Got to reread Jtbo's info about cameras so I can get a decent one.

I did stop to take this photo today on my bike ride. Going back out after work-it's just a short ride I want to take-the area where I used to walk to the river and come back to work- there's some nice scenery down there-now if they had a sub shop near here I would buy an Italian sub-ride down to the water-sit and eat my sandwiche then ride back to work to store my bike.

In my youth I always rode to someplace that sold food. LOL I was VERY food motivated for riding my bike-has to have something there to make it worth my ride but those days are gone lol.

Here's the blue sky today

rsz_20180422_123902.jpg

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Today we went for a bike ride along the river bottom and through downtown. It's been 9 miles so far but we are stopped for lunch and grabbing groceries. We will do a total of about 11 miles.

IMG_20180422_095745.jpg

And yes, I made my parents stop so I could take a photo. :insertevillaugh:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Love the video of the horse ride, Norachan Norachan . The sound of the horses galloping is so calming.

I like to sleep too, jtbo jtbo , but sometimes more sleep just makes you more tired.

How cool that your parents bike ride too, Kieka Kieka . I haven't ridden a bike in years!

So we had an "April showers brings May flowers" kind of week, so no walking for a few days. But yesterday and today were sunny, and spring-like, so I got in 2 decent length walks. Tomorrow the plan is to rake up my backyard.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For me there is no "enough sleep", more seems to be better, so I might be exception to this rule :p

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did it! I got to the Cemetery and Back in 32 minutes!! 6 miles baby! There was no wind FINALLY! was 65°F and sunny-there were slight breezes blowing WNW but hardly noticeable. This has been something I have been training to do since I started. The wind is a big deal=it either hinders me-or pushes me up the hill.

Now to have enough stamina to ride first thing in the morning-the problem is after I work out- then eat, I normally pass out. Always been like this-so I like doing workouts later in the day for this reason-then I can push myself and not worry because I know in a few hours bed will be calling my name..

jtbo jtbo It's hit or miss for me in regards to sleep. I either get too much or too little. And there's no set pattern...

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat , woohoo you did reach a goal! :D

Achieving something feels always so great, really happy for you :)

I did ride 2 hours today, just very easy riding, there are something wrong and until I figure out what it is, I try to take bit easier, but I don't want to take easy for too long as it slows down progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.