The 2018 Exercise Motivation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It's feeling a little cooler here today too.

:yess:

Did a lot of yard work and about an hour of yoga.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Sorry haven't been on long enough to post. It's my vacation time until aug 22 and only gone on one bike ride. Brought the bike here but the roads are very hilly. Just getting out of camp just about killed me last Saturday. I rode to a church book sale 20 minutes down the road on bike then went back with the truck to pick up my stuff.

Its been very hot and humid. Ive gone swimming about 7 times and try to stay in the water for 15 min at minimum. We haven't done much walking since both of us are out of commission. His hip and my foot makes us hampered. I know i need to get it looked at but so dislike doctors and the runaround. I have been barefoot most of the time and so far it's not bothering me. Not even when I have my flippers on.

I hope to get another bike ride in tomorrow if it cools off.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat There you are! I'm glad you're enjoying your vacation, but really sorry that foot is still giving you fits. I know you don't like the runaround from doctors, but if it's not healing, you need to do something. And I mean that in the most positive way!

While it's not overly hot, it's still very humid and sticky. Even with the dehumidifier running full-tilt in the basement, it seems very sticky and wet.

Wednesday -
  • 3 miles on the treadmill
  • 11/12 hours with 500+ steps per hour (working on dinner that last hour and lost track of time :doh: Didn't even think about that last hour until 5:15 and then it was too late to do it)
  • BUT I was out and about for quite a while at work, taking pictures of parking lots, churches, schools, etc. So maybe one negated the other
  • 20,598 steps for the day = 10.72 miles

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Kayaking is great exercise foxxycat foxxycat Very good for your core and your arms.

I did a 90 minute power flow yesterday, which left me a soggy, dripping mess. Today I decided to go for a longer bike ride. The uphill parts made me see dots before my eyes, but the downhill bits were sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

An hour of yoga after that too.

It's definitely starting to feel a bit fresher around here.

:fallsmiley:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We were in the high 80s yesterday and it didn't seem to cool off much during the night last night. It rained quite a bit during the night and is raining now.

Thursday -

2.5 miles on the treadmill
12/12 hours with 500 steps per hour
Walked around the house for a while, while dinner was heating
17,631 steps for the day - 9.21 miles

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Made my first forray into a gym on my own. My trainer gave me a chart, but not planned out (I think he wants to see how I make my own choices). I think I managed to do okay, kinda winged it a little. I'll probably plan a little better next session. Still, felt good about making the effort without the training wheels, so to speak.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It was cool-ish last night so I went for my 2nd walk of the week. Only 23 minutes, but still better than nothing. Today is raining, so it's an inside day.

I know I've said this before, but I think I'm going to try doing some beginner yoga... soon. ;)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I made it again this week, two weeks in a row with over 100,000 steps.

I only got 3,614 steps on Saturday; most of my day was spent standing at the sink and stove in the kitchen.

But I ended up with 107,620 steps for the week = 56.061 miles

I've been thinking, too, about beginner yoga, try to loosen myself up a bit.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I rode my bike up and down the road for 10 minutes last night to stretch my back from all the lifting and hauling stuff out of camp and back in the house. I always overpack so got 3 hours of lifting yesterday as I was sweating up a atorm and could only do some for 15 min at a time.

Winchester Winchester I located a new orthopedic surgeon in Portsmouth so hopefully they will fix the problem. Ive got several things going on with bone spurs and overuse injury in the ligament over big toe and soreness on top of ankle...some day maybe it will stop hurting. I just been putting off any dramatic actions due to fears of loosing more of my mobility.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
What kind of stuff do you do in the gym furmonster mom furmonster mom ? Weights and stuff?
Yes, I do a quick 5-6 min warm up on elliptical or bike, then focus on weights.
However, I forgot to stretch, so I was feeling pretty tight the last couple days.
Plan on doing some Pilates/Yoga today; I can't go running tonight because I have rehearsals.

I'm so impressed with everyone here sticking to it, through weather and injuries. You guys are an inspiration!
:rock:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat I'm wondering if your ligament overuse problem around your big toe is similar to what I had going on a couple years ago. Mine was a tendon thing that was getting weird. The ortho guy put my right foot in a boot for a good 4 weeks, maybe even 6 weeks to help it heal. Had it not healed, they would have had to screw the tendon down into the bone in the big toe area and he told me it would be a good six months or so til it healed enough that I could start walking again. You be careful! I hope they can figure something out for you that won't set you back too far in your exercise. And that will keep you pain-free for a long time.

Monday -
3 miles on the treadmill
12/12 hours with 500+ steps per hour
17,148 steps for the day = 8.93 miles

Tuesday -
3 miles on the treadmill
18,026 steps for the day = 9.39 miles

Wednesday -
3 miles on the treadmill
18,616 steps for the day = 9.69 miles

Thursday -
3.25 miles on the treadmill
18,016 steps for the day = 9 miles

:sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :walk: :walk:

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the well wishes Winchester Winchester . I do worry it could be something bad but it was not hurting bad the last week of vacation. I was not wearing shoes or socks. It was nice to run around barefoot. Even when swimming with the flippers on it didn't seem to bother it. And boy does swimming feel good.

I got my usual lunch break bike ride on Thursday and today. Found that expensive bike shorts are worth the money when one has to build up the butt callous again.

I called to get an appointment with one of their doctors that specializes in foot surgery and my appointment is Sept 13. They didn't have anything closer. So far internet reviews rate him at a B+ to A-. The nerve I was thinking is the one that runs under your foot..planter fasciitis but my heel doesn't hurt but the area directly under ball of foot in the center. Ouch! Ive been doing the massages, ball rolling on foot, ice etc etc. A guy at work had a stubborn case of this and he found a doctor to do a quick surgery of slicing a V in it and he found total recovery. He also got custom made inserts which made a big difference too...so I will be asking about these since the metal inserts doesn't seem to be working anymore. The last doctor said my injuries were overuse and said I am doing too much...which is why I dropped out of the gym. I should go once a week to do weights again...just wish they kept that place an icebox instead of 73 degrees. Yuck!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Good luck foxxycat foxxycat . The ortho guy told me that, too, that it was caused by doing too much (for me, it was walking).

Friday -
3 miles on the treadmill
18,112 steps for the day = 9.55 miles

And that got me another 100,000 step week. I still have today to go, but I think I'm going to take it a little easy today. I'm just not in the mood to sweat like crazy this morning.

106,076 steps for the week = 55 miles
According to my FitBit

Status
Not open for further replies.