2.25 miles on the treadmill
12/12 hours with 500+ steps per hour
14,047 steps for the day = 7.34 miles

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Sunday -

I started out lazy, but then got into it a little bit. I don't do much on the weekends, but ended up working outside and I was walking around doing some clipping and such. And since Sunday is really the beginning of my FitBit week....

9/12 hours with 500+ steps per hour
13,282 steps for the day = 6.92 miles

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
OK, kids, where are you all? I'm starting to feel paranoid! What are you all doing??? Everybody OK?

Monday -

16,194 steps for the day = 8.43 miles

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm here.

:wave3:

I have been doing yoga every day, just getting distracted by work and outdoor projects and not posting as much as I should.

I've been doing at least an hour of yoga a day, usually more. On good days I'll do an hour in the morning and then another hour in the evening. It's very hot and humid, but I want to make the most of my summer flexibility and work on some poses I might not be able to get into when it starts getting colder again.

I did two 45 minute practices today. I managed to go from Twisting Prayer Lunge to Side Crow Arm Balance today.

upload_2018-8-7_22-26-15.jpeg

Your legs are already in the right position. You just have to lean forward, drop your hands to the ground and lift your legs up. Simple right?

:crazy:

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm here.

:wave3:

I have been doing yoga every day...

You just have to lean forward, drop your hands to the ground and lift your legs up. Simple right?

:crazy:
:shocked:

Just got back from visiting with family for 4 days. Managed to get in a couple run/walks, plus a day at the beach.
Meant to get in some pilates and yoga today, but got distracted with playing catch up on little things at home. Good thing I got weight training tomorrow!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Good morning everybody! Hey @foxxycat! Keep up the good work, people!

Tuesday -
16,074 steps for the day = 8.37 miles

Last night Rick worked OT, so I got home before he did. Got The Beast outside and got everybody fed. I needed to start dinner, but I was starving and I was so afraid that I'd just start binging on any food I could find. I weighed out about 100 calories of grapes, halved the little buggers, and put that dish in the fridge. Then I just started walking and I walked until a little after 5:00. Around the house, down and up the stairs, just walking around until I got it out all out of my system. Then, as I started working on dinner, I munched on my grapes. And I didn't binge-eat anything. Binge-eating is a big problem for me. And I don't know how to stop it.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm here too. :hellocomputer: And doing exactly the same as the little smilie guy. Except I have a fan blowing on me. ;)

Still so, so, so hot and humid. I did go for a 20 minute walk Monday morning before it got hot, but that's it for walking. And I mowed my lawn a little while ago, and nearly sweated to death. It's not sunny, but could rain any second, so the humidity is super high.

There's no break in this heat expected till at least the end of August, so I think this month will be a total write off as far as exercise goes. :sigh:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'd like to get back into regular walking, but I think I'll have to wait until the end of August too rubysmama rubysmama

Still so hot here, especially in the afternoons which is when I have time to walk.

90 minutes of yoga yesterday and today, with my fan close by and plenty of breaks for a sip of ice water.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The humidity is just ugly here, too. I promise, as God is my witness, I will not complain about winter cold until (at least) the beginning of January. There, you heard/read it.

Wednesday -

2.5 miles on the treadmill
Rick and I walked through the market during my lunch hour
17,183 steps for the day = 8.97 miles

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've always said I'd NEVER complain about being hot, but hot and muggy is another thing altogether! I'll also try not to complain when it gets cold, but I do hate winter. Hopefully we'll have a nice, long autumn and early, dry spring.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thursday -

Walked around the house a bit last night until I could start dinner and Rick got home from work....it's either walk or eat and I need to stay out of the fridge. :paperbag:
16,169 steps for the day - 8.42 miles

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I made it!

Saturday -
8,795 steps for the day = 4.58 miles

So that gave me 104,293 steps for the week = 54.372 miles walked

According to my Fitbit anyway.

Fitbit now has a badge for people who have walked 100,000 steps in ONE day! I can't even begin to imagine walking that much. But there are quite a few people who have done it. Wow!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Fitbit now has a badge for people who have walked 100,000 steps in ONE day! I can't even begin to imagine walking that much. But there are quite a few people who have done it. Wow!
I was listening to an interview with David Sedaris the other day. He says he sometimes walks for hours and hours, because he has an OCD and the fitbit really appeals to his compulsive way of recording how much he exercises. I think he walks around 25 miles a day.

:noway:

Just an hour of yoga today. I'm super busy, supposed to be working now.......

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
25 miles! The most I think I ever walked in one day (post-Fitbit) was about 16 miles. We were on vacation in Ontario and we walked all over the place. My little tootsies were pooped til we got back to the B &B that night. When you go on vacation with Dear Richard, you walk. And walk. And then walk some more. Since we had never been to that part of Ontario before, he took advantage of sight-seeing.

Sunday -

15,014 steps for the day = 7.82 miles
That included housework and laundry, working outside (I did a bit of trimming with the push-mower after I mowed with the riding mower.) And I take what I can get.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That's good going Winchester Winchester

I got up early enough to go for a long walk before it got too hot yesterday. Timed it really well, as we had a heavy thunder storm about half an hour after I got back. I did an hour of Yin Yoga, which is deep stretch poses held for about five minutes per pose.

Two 45 minute yoga sessions today.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Good work Norachan Norachan . It's good you got your walk in before the rain! We've really been getting downpours again. An older woman out the road from us was walking back to her house and the clouds emptied. I was on my way home, saw her and offered her a ride. She said she was already soaked so it didn't matter.

Monday -

3 miles on the treadmill
16,061 steps for the day = 8.36 miles

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sunday night the temps cooled down to just under 20C / 68 F, so I went for a 25 minute walk Monday morning before it got hot. Today the humidity was back with a vengeance, and now it's raining. So no walk today. :ohwell: I think the grass is happy though. ;)

100,000 steps in one day! I can't even imagine! :eek3:

Status
Not open for further replies.