The 2018 Exercise Motivation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Wow furmonster mom furmonster mom sounds like you've had a tough couple of years. Stress is an effective way of losing weight, but not a very pleasant one.

:cringe:

Great that you are turning it around and getting something positive out of it.

I've had the usual hectic week. Just 30 minutes yoga on Thursday and Friday because I was so busy at work. I finish early this afternoon though, so I should be able to get a longer practice in.

Winchester Winchester how are you feeling now? Hope your headache is better.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Winchester Winchester how you doing hun? Does the doctor know why you are getting headaches? Those stink. :hugs:

Back in the saddle. Today on my lunch break got the ol bike out-been exactly 5 weeks since I have ridden. I tried the gym last week Tuesday? Or Monday? the darn bike seat on the regular bike is tilted too far forward-no adjustment-so I can only do 30 min at a time. I did 9 miles in 40 min then hit the hydro massage table which makes a big difference.

Been trying to watch my food intake and only gained 2 lbs. Which I can live with. I still sticking with no High Fructose Corn Syrup. It seems to be the magic button of why I was gaining=for some reason my body can NOT process that junk. I have an occasional dinner item that the gravy has it-but its such a small quanity I don't sweat it. No mass bread either-loaded with it. Still on my pasta/veg/meat n dinners with lots of veg then dessert- trail mix,

It's so hard to stick to no potato chips or fast food but so far I am doing it...butter is ok. Fried foods nope. Even practicing stir fry which picky pants Jon actually eats. I toss a bunch of veggies in there and cook it up=gonna make some more tonight- need to bake a chicken breast for lunch.

5 miles on bike=40°F and sun came out. A light breeze but not bad at all. :hangin:

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is going to be 5-a-day

Basically, they are little filler cardio exercises: I do one or two for 5 minutes, then a few hours later I do a couple others for 5 minutes.... 5 times throughout the day. It makes for a slightly less lazy Sunday. ;)

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Today is going to be 5-a-day

Basically, they are little filler cardio exercises: I do one or two for 5 minutes, then a few hours later I do a couple others for 5 minutes.... 5 times throughout the day. It makes for a slightly less lazy Sunday. ;)
I like that-what a great way to break it up. I should do this too...pushups and some walking around. then jump rope if my foot lets me. not all at once of course!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Finished work later than planned on Saturday, so I only managed to do an hour of yoga. Sunday I walked for an hour and did 90 minutes of yoga. I must have done something to my wrist because it's bothering me today. I did an hour of yoga this morning, but had to skip all the arm balance postures.

It's snowing here, I think they'll be some shoveling to do later this afternoon.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Hi guys. I'm here, but having problems, making excuses, all that stuff.

I had taken off the treadmill during the holidays, didn't do anything much at all. Well, then I started back in and stopped again because of that rotten headache the other week. Started back in last Monday and then Rick took me to work on Tuesday and Wednesday...didn't walk the rest of the week.

This morning, I did go down to the treadmill and did 3 miles. But....I didn't want to. And I don't want to. For some reason, maybe it's all the off-time I had, I don't want to deal with the treadmill. I don't want to go down into the darn cold basement, start walking, watch my FitBit go nuts with the heart rate when I know my heart rate isn't nearly as fast as what the FitBit is showing. I'm tired of sweating like crazy and it's a cold sweat. I'm freezing to death and sweating at the same time. It's not pretty.

And these are all excuses. I get that. Rick told me the same thing yesterday. I'm still going to hit the treadmill; I've heard that it takes about 3 weeks for things to become habit.

Sorry, I'm really doing the whole pity party thing. I'll get over it. I think I might need to get outside at lunch again, something to change things around; once the weather warms up a hair and I don't have to deal with snow, I'll start walking again over lunch. Anyway, I'll log in tomorrow with today's work.

Keep going! Don't stop! Keep working!

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's -1F here and I did realize that I don't have my scarf, must of left that to old place, so I'm not going out there with exposed skin, that is not going to happen.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
We finally have snow. I spent about 30 minutes clearing the deck and the path this morning. After that 90 minutes yoga and then, because I was feeling particularly adventurous, an hour trudging through the snow. They don't clear the roads around here so it was pretty hard going, particularly the uphill bits. It warmed my up though.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Monday -

3 miles on the treadmill
12/12 hours with 300+ steps per hour
12,276 steps for the day - 5.81 miles

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I did 90 minutes of yoga on Wednesday and Thursday. Decided to brave the cold and walked for 2 hours today. It's beautiful outside, but below freezing even in the middle of the afternoon. Saw loads of rabbit, boar and deer tracks in the snow.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
6 mile walk/run in 1:45 hrs yesterday. Shaved about 5 minutes off.
Also shaved off 2 more lbs... I'm .6 away from my (first) goal!
Weight training today.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good job furmonster mom furmonster mom !

:clap2:

90 minutes of yoga on Saturday and Sunday. Today I started by clearing a path through the snow, then walked for 90 minutes. I'm thinking of doing just a half hour of deep stretch yoga now....if I can get my behind out of this chair....:sleep2:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You guys are making me tired just reading about all the exercise you do! And here I was so proud of myself for going on a 26 minute walk yesterday. I think I need the exercise motivation thread for beginners or mere mortals. :lol:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haven't done much, it is probably more than week before this that I used bicycle and even this ride was quite nothing.

To grocery store:
upload_2018-1-31_3-45-26.png

Back from grocery store:
upload_2018-1-31_3-44-41.png

But I have been making these, sadly it is not much of exercise! foxxycat foxxycat they did say it is not possible to mail this, they are meanies, probably just want to eat delicious pizza themselves! :(
upload_2018-1-31_3-47-31.png

There is pizza stone under that paper, I found out stone works just fine with paper and it's a lot easier to put pizza there as well as take it out, even cleaning is easier, so I just get even less exercise or even movement.

At least days are getting longer, so I hope to get some riding done during daylight time, that should help with motivation, I guess.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Every little bit counts rubysmama rubysmama Most of my exercise these days seems to be shoveling snow, but I did about an hour of yoga today too.
We had snow yesterday, so I shoveled for about an hour. And we had some more overnight, so I'll be doing a bit more shoveling this morning.

I've always wanted to do yoga. I've even looked for beginner DVDs but never found one that looked good. There's lots of yoga classes around, but I'd need a pre-beginners class, I think. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.