The 2017 Exercise Motivation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did walk, 3.67MPH average speed, I did run twice and could not get HR higher than 164, even walking gets my HR up to 140Bpm and above, no energy at all, thanks to so called health care. On positive note, Polar has updated their graphs and it is much nicer now as altitude is actually visible.
upload_2017-4-30_16-49-36.png

This is same route with bit faster speed at last August, almost 8 months ago, compare HR and you can see why there is nothing from me for a long time, there just is no point, have to sleep 12-14 hours to be able to do even half the chores, but nothing is wrong they say:
upload_2017-4-30_17-5-53.png

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hey jtbo jtbo ! You're back! We missed you.

It's very strange that you have no energy all of a sudden, especially with you having been so active in the past. Do you have any other symptoms or just fatigue?

Winchester Winchester Thanks. The scratch healed up on it's own very quickly. I kept it covered for a few days and it's fine now.

1 hour of yoga after work on Saturday and Sunday. I wanted to go out and work on the fence again today, but it was too wet. 90 minutes yoga and about 2 hours cleaning the house instead.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Hey there! Welcome back, stranger (JTbo)! It's great to see you again; we've been worried about you and wondering where you were. What happened to you that you're so low on energy? Have you been ill? Does anything ache? How is your shoulder?

I took it easy Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Managed 3 miles on the treadmill this morning (Monday). Appt with the ortho-weenie this afternoon for my knee. We'll see how things go.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Cortisone shot. No walking for exercise for three weeks. If pain persists, we'll do an MRI. :frustrated:

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's almost 4 months since jtbo last posted. Thought he was buried in the Finnish snow. Good to hear from him again, but sorry he's under par.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Cortisone shot. No walking for exercise for three weeks. If pain persists, we'll do an MRI. :frustrated:
Oh No! That sucks. Are you able to do any exercise at all?

I spent all day working on my fence today. Feel like I've been lifting weights.

:freak:

No time for yoga before work this evening, but I think I'll get up early and do some before another day of fencing tomorrow.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
JTBO!!! We were wondering what happened to you! Hope you are doing WELL?!

well last night hit the gym. 6 miles on bike, 3 miles on elliptical. an hour + total-lost track of time. Didn't do weights.

I did go Friday night and did some bike and some weights. Got to recalculate the weights-they have a new sticker on the machine I use-smith machine-the bar is only 20 lbs instead of 45lbs like it's normally. So I have to recalculate the weights=I still benched 50 lbs. It was hard-it's been 3-4 months since done weights. Got to stop making excuses.

And yeah with work up in the air I don't dare go to an ortho about my foot until they decide what's happening to our future.

Winchester Winchester check your messages :)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Back to my dumbbells in the bedroom.

The doctor suggested an exercise bike. Rick shot that down quickly and I can't say as I blame him. I did suggest that we sell the elliptical and buy an exercise bike, but he shot that down, too.

I'm considering bagging walking. Period. I'm just tired of dealing with "something" every single year.

foxxycat foxxycat , got it and responded. I wasn't on the computer last night at all due to some really nasty t-storms that went through.

Last edited:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey jtbo jtbo ! You're back! We missed you.

It's very strange that you have no energy all of a sudden, especially with you having been so active in the past. Do you have any other symptoms or just fatigue?
Hey there! Welcome back, stranger (JTbo)! It's great to see you again; we've been worried about you and wondering where you were. What happened to you that you're so low on energy? Have you been ill? Does anything ache? How is your shoulder?
Some weird rash kind of thing comes and goes, lungs burning, eyes bleeding, total collapse of fitness, when I wake up, I eat breakfast, then nap attack hits and sleep again, might be able to somehow stay up for few hours, then collapse again for few hours, usually I'm done by 6pm and sleep to 4-5am, eat breakfast and sleep from 9am to 11am, sometimes evening nap between 1pm to 2-3pm, healthcare claims there is nothing wrong and don't want to hear about it, probably trying to save money.

Shoulder is same, should know in few days if they will do anything to it, I doubt.

So there is no more hope, memory is shot too, lot below average, even processing speed is lot slower than average, but they compare to averages, they don't use old tests which show lot better than average memory and processing speed.

They did refuse to put me away too, so I guess hell must go on.

Anyway, today's tip, 1 piece of toast with only cheese on top counted as 155calories, that is just ONE, no butter, nothing else but two average sheets of cheese!!!

Put something else on it, take little orange juice, take 2 more and we are talking about daily allowance on breakfast, crazy, huh? Only with 3 pieces of toast, wheat bread is dangerous and impossible to eat anything less than 6 pieces.

I did some wood splitting in attempt to burn breakfast off, but noticed that despite the effort (I did manage full hour, yay), I'm not allowed to eat anything else today. I could go for a walk, but then I would not be able to anything for few days because overdoing, so I just settle with that.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
jtbo jtbo , do you have deer ticks where you live? I'm asking because of Lyme disease. I don't know if it's any different in Finland than in the US.

Or shingles? (Because of the rash)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, that's a good suggestion Winchester Winchester It could be Lyme disease. jtbo jtbo take a look at this.

Lyme disease - Wikipedia

I did an hour of vinyassa yoga for my shoulders and upper back this morning, then spent about four hours working on the fence. I think I might be able to get it finished this week.

:crossfingers:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
jtbo jtbo , do you have deer ticks where you live? I'm asking because of Lyme disease. I don't know if it's any different in Finland than in the US.

Or shingles? (Because of the rash)
What I looked at Lyme's disease it seems to be bit different.

One weird thing is that I get kind of pulsating pain, not very painful, but like tension/pressure build up to left side neck where that big vein is.

Toes turn purple and sometimes it is very painful to walk too.

They claimed it is nothing and that I have just probably frozen toes when kid, can't remember such thing, but they are professionals, they must be right? NOT!

It has been lot better recent days though, enough that I have started activities again, but man I would love to sleep so much.

I did read something about disorder that is caused by poor indoor air, like mold etc. It had pretty much everything I have, but it is not recognized as sickness by healthcare as there is no easy test for it, in paper it says that most people who have that are retired because of depression diagnose, depression is "we don't know what it is, but clearly something is wrong" sickness in that case, while it is real sickness it is used to put everything unknown/unclear cases to that.

Then it is people themselves to find the cure, which often is too hard / expensive.

I know that Citicoline (CDP Coline) has worked really well and I have read you can get it without recipe in US, but here I would need a recipe and so called professionals have not heard about or want to hear about it, only one did actually check it out and found out it has been used in southern Europe with success.

Managed today 2 hours of wood splitting, 4000 calories or more burned in a day and there is no problem keeping getting all nutrients.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
The fence is finished!!!

:woohoo:

Well, as finished as it can be. I need about another 2 meters of the fencing wire, but it only comes in 20 meter rolls. I don't want to spend another $80 just for a little bit like that. I'll have to find something else.

Cut my hands to pieces, but never mind. They'll heal.

About 5 hours of yard work and an hour of yoga today. I can start focusing on yoga properly again from tomorrow. Maybe even go for a run soon too.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have done little splitting of firewood, got this from neighbor, "you want s challenge? Here is little challenge for you", right, can't really use even my right arm, but managed to split it in around 10 minutes.
split_this.png

My core strength seems to be same as before, no decline and last days I think there has been a lot of improvement actually, also eating little right before and right after exercise seems to be working quite well or so it feels right now.

5kg/11 pound axe is not feeling heavy either, I'm actually considering increasing weight of that axe head as it starts to be quite easy now. Also I think my hurt shoulder likes from using that axe, there has been slightly less problems with it now.

Oh yes, I did chain saw my new boots, well only a little, I was wondering what is this vibration in my toes and noticed chain was touching shoe, luckily it did took only small bit and they are still waterproof, but might not be bad idea to wear safety boots with chainsaw, especially when standing on top of log pile and making cuts to that very pile.

I'm surprised with my stats from Monday to Friday, Thursday was even day off:
Steps 74852
Calories burned 19682

That is like 4 days and I have done only 1-2 hours a day. At Tuesday I made 24 244 steps it seems, there has been a lot of things to do though, Polar reports almost 7 hours active time for average for that time period, didn't really notice that I have been so active.

Being outside I guess helps a lot, so there must be something wrong inside air.

Winchester Winchester check out Frantic Amber from YT, not sure if it is your taste in music, but I like it, can easily imagine it being great for heavy workout music.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It sounds like you're getting your energy back jtbo jtbo Could it be a seasonal thing? Are you affected by the long dark nights in the winter where you live?

Busy day at work today, but I did an hour of yoga when I finished.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Winchester Winchester check your messages

I did the gym last night. bike 25 min 6 miles=used the one that sits up higher-trying to use the conventional bike to get used to the seat. I still have issues with foot but the bike seems to not bother it as much.

then did upper body weights and left at 6pm.

good job everyone!

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like you're getting your energy back jtbo jtbo Could it be a seasonal thing? Are you affected by the long dark nights in the winter where you live?

Busy day at work today, but I did an hour of yoga when I finished.
I don't know, maybe partly.

Today I did eat:
1 whole cheese
4 wheat breakfast buns.
Half a package of toast
1 whole sheet of chocolate (200grams, almost half a pound)
1 full package of sausages
1 litre of orange juice

That all worked out as 465 grams of carbs, 193 grams of fat and 176 grams of protein, so total was around 4445 calories.

Do you think that is bit too much? I guess I could of done without chocolate, or at least less of it, chocolate is great for recovery, but maybe it was bit too much.

I still had deficit of almost 1700 calories.

Today's stats:
Steps: 25 172 / 15.8km
Active time: 9 hours 45 minutes
Calories burned: 6091
Training time: 4 hours 31 minutes, that is time I did sweat a lot and that is time 11 pound axe was moving.

Woke up 5am and came in 11pm, my feet are killing me, there is so much to do and so little time, I don't know how I'm going to be able to do it all as I don't really have lot of energy, I'm just pushing myself far beyond any limits, with determination one can achieve a lot but there are limits for how long it works.

I have to say though that picking up exercising again has improved energy levels a bit.

I think that tomorrow it is not only feet that are killing me, but with enough determination you can achieve anything. Maybe some day in future I learn how to be reasonable and not to push all out...

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
jtbo jtbo I think if you're burning over 6000 calories a day eating that much is fine. A calorie is a calorie, whether it's in chocolate or a carrot, so eat what ever gives you the best energy boost. If you're feeling better you'll exercise more, so you'll burn off the extra calories.

I did two 1 hour yoga sessions on Sunday and 90 minutes of yoga yesterday. I'm in the middle of dying my hair a new colour called "Purple Haze" at the moment. The bathroom looks like I've murdered a Smurf in there.

Going to do some more yoga as soon as I've cleaned that up.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just don't understand how my legs are sore after I swung axe that much, there is no soreness in upper body or arms, only at legs and there is not much use of legs except standing and walking very short distances.

Today is rest day, also there is lot of rain today and tomorrow and it seems to be coming down as a SNOW, so might do two rest days now in attempt of avoiding overdoing exercising.

It did snow yesterday too, had to split my tasks to morning and late evening because of that.

Photo from yesterday
upload_2017-5-9_10-56-15.png

Before it started snowing too bad, I did took small clip of Miuku, axe and wood splitting, I know I'm quite slow, but it is the movement that counts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.