Thats my boy!

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Arnold just chased a fox out of our yard!

Sorry no pics, happened too fast.

We have foxes in our neighborhood. I see them as a threat to my cats.

As I am sitting outside with my boys (cats), a fox comes to the side gate and stares in at us. I am waiting for the fox to get just a little bit closer to us........

Arnold suddenly takes off after the fox, but cant get past the closed gate. The fox high tails it.

Dad, finishes it off with a launched bucket narrowly missing (im getting much better, just have to lead the throw a bit more ).

When I come back to the gate, Greg has joined Arnold.....puffed up and eyes wide open.

Im glad the boys see the yard as their property and will fight for it.

23lbs of "Angry Arnold".....and dad has their backs.

I dont want my cats fighting with any animal and when we are outside im always nearby.

20200312_183224-1.jpg

Last edited:

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cool Bananas..Its their turf and they aren't going to share it.
My last cat had a hate for foxes..he would pile straight into them hip and shoulder and tooth and claws.
I think its inborn with cats about foxes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A fox came back the other day. Arnold immediately went after it. Fox took off. I checked the yard and it was gone, didnt just run off 20, feet and stop like they often do. I was nearby as always.

I didnt know my boys were so territorial.

A few days latter a friend dropped by with her new rescue dog. Greg and arnold will usually attack larger dogs. So when they saw it, they both quickly came to the gate to check it out. The dog was quite timid and kept 10 feet from the gate. It would not look directly at the cats. Strangely both cats quickly seemed to accept the dog and in fact sat near the gate and almost lost interest in the dog. The cats were watchful but made no aggressive motions or sounds.

Guess they only react if they feel threatened.