That Was a Scare

piano cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There's been a cat howling outside in the middle of the night the past week. Then one morning I feared the worst when I saw Chinny Chin Chin, who will not come in the house, with red on her face, neck and chest. Oh no, she was in a fight with that cat and she's all bloody. Now what? Chinny will let me pet her but she has to make the first move, after 10 years here. She's never gone in any trap set out for several other cats over the years. I have never picked her up but she will jump up on my lap for pets. How will I get her to the Vet? Put the dog back inside, walked slowly over to Chinny, who was sitting in the catzebo. Chinny jumped down and came to me. Hey! No more red. It was the reflection off the red lawn chair she was sitting beside. The light had hit it just right to reflect on her coat and scare me half to death. Chinny is fine. Whew.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Glad Chinny wasn't hurt - this time. She is getting older and will be more inclined to get hurt in the future just due to how the body slows down just from age alone. Have you ever considered building or buying her a catio/cat enclosure that would help protect her from other cats/critters and still let her have her outdoors? Something big enough to have a door that you could enter so you two could still spend time together? They can be built relatively cheaply and still be nice.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

piano cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Glad Chinny wasn't hurt - this time. She is getting older and will be more inclined to get hurt in the future just due to how the body slows down just from age alone. Have you ever considered building or buying her a catio/cat enclosure that would help protect her from other cats/critters and still let her have her outdoors? Something big enough to have a door that you could enter so you two could still spend time together? They can be built relatively cheaply and still be nice.
That would be nice but I'd need more than one. Joe goes out during the day, in at night. The other six would like to go out but I already rotate their freedom in the house. Chinny can go in the garage, there's a cat door in the people door. It's heated in winter and she eats in there and sleeps there. So far I don't see evidence that any other critter, beside Joe, goes in there.