That time of the month

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

I have the normal feelings as if my " friend " is going to visit me this month, but something tells me that my eggs are running out
Do you feel sad about it?
Or do you feel happy about it?

My mum is 57 and her last period was when she was 52. The other week though, she had a full period of 7 days - she got checked out at docs and there is nothing to worry about, but how mad is that? A whole 5 years with nothing then suddenly niagra falls!

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lovemycodygirl

Gilly - it took me about 3 months to get use to being on this pill - had spotting for like a month straight. Hopefully it will take you less time!
I hope so too! I did check with doc last night when I went to get my "elephant" foot checked out and he said that spotting was normal too. He did say that if it continues I should have a pregnancy test
He kept on trying to talk to me about contraceptive not working too when you are on antibiotics (for my foot) we were both a bit embarressed then I finally said, look mate, there's not chance of me being pregnant! That shut him up!

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

I started on the pill yesterday. Had a few "I'm pregnant" scares so it was off to family planning for me to enquire about the pill.

I know vomiting is a normal reaction, did anyone else have this? how long did it last?

I ALWAYS have a reaction to medication, ALWAYS. I'm annoyed but as long as I don't get pregnant I'm happy.
With the pill that I am on, Cilest, the only side effect that I have noticed is that I have a dry mouth.

I don't mean to scare you, but if you are vomitting when taking the pill, this will make it non-effective so you should use other methods if you have been sick or had tummy upset etc...

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For the first time I had spotting about two weeks ago. I was terrified and at my doctors in an instant. Happy I'm on birth control now.

Gilly, I had to laugh about Niagra falls.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Gilly

With the pill that I am on, Cilest, the only side effect that I have noticed is that I have a dry mouth.

I don't mean to scare you, but if you are vomitting when taking the pill, this will make it non-effective so you should use other methods if you have been sick or had tummy upset etc...
Yup Gilly, I realise this - I read the information leaflet front to back many many times it says if you have had vomiting or tummy upset to follow the missed pill procedure which is take another pill and then continue the next day but wont this stuff it up? So many questions, perhaps I should ring FP tomorrow...

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

So many questions, perhaps I should ring FP tomorrow...
That might be the best thing to do, they can answer all of your questions as they are qualified and know more than I do!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Do you feel sad about it?
Or do you feel happy about it?

My mum is 57 and her last period was when she was 52. The other week though, she had a full period of 7 days - she got checked out at docs and there is nothing to worry about, but how mad is that? A whole 5 years with nothing then suddenly niagra falls!
Not really sad because it's not as if i want any kids, but i would like to hang on as long as poss because obviously with all my hormones comes less wrinkles, softer skin etc...

For the last few years mine have only lasted 2-3 days, and they say from the age of 40 you usually start slowing down.

When i do go through it i hope i'm like my sister who had no inbetween periods, she just stopped!, and she suffered no depression or hot flushes either
Where as my mum suffered terrible with hot flushes

But if i do suffer those i'll be straight on HRT!!

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

But if i do suffer those i'll be straight on HRT!!
My mum did suffer for a while from what I can remember, but she refused to take HRT or anything like it
I think she is trying "au naturale" ways or some freaky things from the herbal shops...

But, if it were me, I think I would go for the drugs too!

lovemycodygirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I hope so too! I did check with doc last night when I went to get my "elephant" foot checked out and he said that spotting was normal too. He did say that if it continues I should have a pregnancy test
He kept on trying to talk to me about contraceptive not working too when you are on antibiotics (for my foot) we were both a bit embarressed then I finally said, look mate, there's not chance of me being pregnant! That shut him up!
HA! That happened to me before too!!! Then my doctor says to me, "Oh I'm sorry to hear that, things will perk up soon!" I was like, wow, I can NOT even believe he just said that!!!!

Gilly - what happened to your foot?

slitty_kittay

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So many of you seems to use the pill - I tried to but It makes me fat and depressed

How many of you suffer side effects from the pill?

lovemycodygirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The only bad side affect I have is skin discoloration on my face...and it sucks! I can't wait to get off it for that reason alone.

But the pill has helped me in some ways like knowing when that time will come...I can usually pinpoint it to the day and I was always so irregular before. I gained about 5lbs but that's about it...the newer lower hormone pills like Yasmine don't make you gain any weight.

As for bloating, cramps, emotional, etc ... I stayed about the same!

lovemycodygirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Fat foot topic
EEEK!
Sorry to hear about your foot Gilly! Darn beetles - they're all over my front tree!!! Are you feeling better now? Has the swelling went down?

If this makes you feel better, I stepped on a SLUG last night...barefoot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was screaming to my bfriend, come help me, it's attacking me, it's attacking me!!! EW...I had all this slug splatter all over my foot...that was the grossest thing EVER!!!

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's all in that topic, but I think the swelling has moved now!

lol tredding on a slug would be

Actually, I wonder if my foot hurts more because it's TOTM? I know that you are not meant to get your legs waxed at this time because you are more alert to pain?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by slitty_kittay

So many of you seems to use the pill - I tried to but It makes me fat and depressed

How many of you suffer side effects from the pill?
I didnt gain weight but the worst side effects i had was nausea and headaches when i first started...now i'm on the NuvaRing and havent had the first side effect. But it is so weird not taking a pill at night when i've been doing it for about 10 years!!