That time of the month

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Marvelon is the only pill that works well for me and have been taking it for some time. That said, I still get sore breasts, lower back pain and cramps from hell.

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just reading through the thread brought up a few more things...

When I was heavier I would only get my period every 3 months. I also used to experience mid-cycle pain due to ovulation when I wasn't on the pill. And once I had to take the morning after pill, and the side effects I had were BRUTAL and lasted for a week!

When I was really young (12 or 13) I had such severe pain and heavy periods I often had to leave school early.
My dad was so frustrated he would get angry because I was bawling and he didn't know how to help... I should have just told him to go get me some damn chocolate already!

pjk5900

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just found this thread and I am so glad someone finally brought this up.

SORRY TO OUR MALE MEMBERS IN ADVANCE, YOU CAN BYPASS THIS THREAD.

Here's my situation...
I don't understand what is going on and some dumb person I work with caused me to miss the call from my Dr.'s office and it was this friday afternoon.
Anyway, "Aunt Flo" has been visiting way too much. Every two weeks!!
After a couple of months of this I got tired of the visits and went to see my gynocologist. She put me on the lowest dose (Alesse) birth control pills to try to regulate things. She then scheduled an ultrasound to see if there was something physically causing a problem and absolutely Nothing is apparently wrong. So she said after the 2 months of pills to try to go off of them and see if the problem continued in 2 weeks. (The b.c. pills got me back to once a month.)
Well, "she's BACK!". So I went and got my birth control pills filled the morning "she" showed up and I have taken I think my 4th pill and it has not stopped anything. I have never heard of this happening while taking the pills, but it has not subsided at ALL. And there is a strong achy pain that is not a cramp type pain. Actually that started about a week prior.
I am 45 and not yet in menopause because up until this every 2 week stuff I have had the regular visits. I have not taken or needed any birth control since I had plastic rings put on my tubes 5-6 months after my daughter was born in 1983.
What is going on here? ANYone have any similar experience? And what do I do?
Mood is not so good either! I am about to go off on someone at work very very soon!!!

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not really. The flow is just really bad. I always feel like I wet my pants, and I can't stand it.

juniper

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh, sorry, HPT = home pregnancy test - y'know, those little plastic sticks you pee on, and they'll tell you if you're pregnant? That way, at least if I did' end up in the 1%, I'd know early on like I would if I had a period and missed it, rather than finding out months later!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pjk5900

I just found this thread and I am so glad someone finally brought this up.

SORRY TO OUR MALE MEMBERS IN ADVANCE, YOU CAN BYPASS THIS THREAD.

Here's my situation...
I don't understand what is going on and some dumb person I work with caused me to miss the call from my Dr.'s office and it was this friday afternoon.
Anyway, "Aunt Flo" has been visiting way too much. Every two weeks!!
After a couple of months of this I got tired of the visits and went to see my gynocologist. She put me on the lowest dose (Alesse) birth control pills to try to regulate things. She then scheduled an ultrasound to see if there was something physically causing a problem and absolutely Nothing is apparently wrong. So she said after the 2 months of pills to try to go off of them and see if the problem continued in 2 weeks. (The b.c. pills got me back to once a month.)
Well, "she's BACK!". So I went and got my birth control pills filled the morning "she" showed up and I have taken I think my 4th pill and it has not stopped anything. I have never heard of this happening while taking the pills, but it has not subsided at ALL. And there is a strong achy pain that is not a cramp type pain. Actually that started about a week prior.
I am 45 and not yet in menopause because up until this every 2 week stuff I have had the regular visits. I have not taken or needed any birth control since I had plastic rings put on my tubes 5-6 months after my daughter was born in 1983.
What is going on here? ANYone have any similar experience? And what do I do?
Mood is not so good either! I am about to go off on someone at work very very soon!!!
What you're describing happened to my grandmother, except she was much younger. My grandmother was in her late twenties and for her it was menopause. She went through it VERY young, but you may want to consider it from that angle. If you're 45 you're certainly at a more typical age for the onset of menopause, and perhaps this is it. Also, when my mother began menopause something similar happened to her, just not as severely as it is for you or was for my grandmother. She was in her early 40's. Look into it. You never know.

lovemycodygirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OMG, how funny I found this post today!!! And thankful! Here comes the rant:

I tell ya girls...I am DYING today! Ugh, cramps, bloating, irritability. I gotta a bottle of Pamprin and even that's not touching it! I seriously spent all of yesterday in bed. So then my boyfriend comes home and wants to go truck shopping (he needs a vehicle). TRUCK SHOPPING?! I was like, are you serious?! So I put on a good face and off we went. By this time, I'm complaining about this that and the other thing the minute we get into the car! UGH! So then as we we're driving home, I just unleashed it!!! I was like, how can you look at trucks and we're not even engaged yet, we need this for the house, blah, blah, blah. It was just bad.

I do feel bad now...and I guess I should apologize today but hey, I did warn him! After I made him dinner, I might add. I just do not know how to make him understand that some months are just so bad and he justs needs to leave me alone! Sometimes I cannot control how I feel...it's like Jeckl and Dr. Hyde!! I just want to crawl under a rug or punch the living life out of something because my freaking insides feel like someone is twisting them around in a blender!!!!
How can we make them understand that THIS "
" is how I feel???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
LOVEMYCODYGIRL-- Have you discussed all this with your doctor? Sometimes they can adjust your hormone level, switch birth control and possibly be able to get you some relief!!!
And men will never understand what we go through.

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Codygirl
Hang in there mate... vibes your way!

I have it now... TOTM... the last one started on 2nd July, ended on 6th July then now I have it again...
But I am still waiting for the pill to kick in so hopefully, I will be nice and regular...

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
haha
Slap all men who dont understand!

i even wonder why there are men gynacologists when they dont even understand what we go through! Or even immagine the pain.

I once threatened my bf that if he wanted to feel the pain he can experience it by me twisting his precious jewels!

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Im a lucky one, in that I dont usually get anything more than a craving for sugary candies (not chocolate..gummies, hard candies, nerds, freezies...SUGAR). Recently, and Im certain associated with other health issues, Ive been cramping pretty badly for a few days, but Im tough - us ladies can handle it (all of you sharing your stories prove me right, we all win the battle each month). On the man note...Ive learned to sympathize with them. Really, we cant expect them to understand or even fully sympathize - not even modern medicine does... to them it really does just appear that we go mad for a few days (and I think, without experiencing it ourselves, it might appear that way to us too). So BONUS KUDOS to all the men going the extra mile to try and help out!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pjk5900

What is going on here? ANYone have any similar experience?
ME!. Well sort of?!. I've nearly always been regular up until last month when i was 1 1/2 weeks late. My mum and my sister both stopped their monthly's when they were 42 and 43 so i've went the longest ( I'm 46 )

I have the normal feelings as if my " friend " is going to visit me this month, but something tells me that my eggs are running out

I have to go next month for my checks so i'll be telling the nurse as they may take a blood sample to see if i am.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

ME!. I've nearly always been regular up until last month when i was 1 1/2 weeks late. My mum and my sister both stopped their monthly's when they were 42 and 43 so i've went the longest ( I'm 46 )

I have the normal feelings as if my " friend " is going to visit me this month, but something tells me that my eggs are running out

I have to go next month for my checks so i'll be telling the nurse as they may take a blood sample to see if i am.
well no more worries about being pregnant then

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Pfffttt Fran how do you think i came along?

My mum was going through the menopause at the time
really? Aw well better wear protection then
have you seen that woman in italy who had a kid at 60? and now the kid is 12 or so??

i dont know when my mum went/going through menopause, she stopped having regular periods after i was born and now she only gets them like once a year, before i moved out she got really bad tempered and hot flushes, dont know if that was from the alcohol though. Shes 54

lovemycodygirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yasmine

LOVEMYCODYGIRL-- Have you discussed all this with your doctor? Sometimes they can adjust your hormone level, switch birth control and possibly be able to get you some relief!!!
And men will never understand what we go through.
Thanks yasmine...yes, I've discussed it and tried other pills...I'm on like the lowest dose possible. Some months are fine, some months are just BAD. I think it really depends on what I eat and this month, I've not been eating as well as I should be! But if next month is this bad, I will call my doc!

Gilly - it took me about 3 months to get use to being on this pill - had spotting for like a month straight. Hopefully it will take you less time!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started on the pill yesterday. Had a few "I'm pregnant" scares so it was off to family planning for me to enquire about the pill.

I started on the first day of my period. Everything was going fine until today when I took my second one and well about thirty minutes after I stepped out of bed and I was so lightheaded I couldn't stand up. I had to get back into bed but then I felt my mouth fill with saliva and it was off to the toilet for me to which I continued to vomit for which felt like forever.

I stayed in bed until 5pm - when I finally felt well enough to get out! [I'm so lucky it is school holidays]

I know vomiting is a normal reaction, did anyone else have this? how long did it last?

I ALWAYS have a reaction to medication, ALWAYS. I'm annoyed but as long as I don't get pregnant I'm happy.

I haven't had any pains though - I normally get them a few days before my period but nope none this time. Also my period was one week early, it has NEVER been early or late it's ALWAYS on time.

Hmm..