That time of the month

hobbester

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i have major MAJOR cramps where midol doesn't even come close to stopping them.
i'm not on the pill and have never been.

SUCKS!

catherine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have always had a rough time with my periods. I was in bed from the day before up to 2 days laters....a total of 3 days. I can not move, and all I do is sleep unmedicated. (That's really strange to me, sleeping for 3 days unmedicated.) After I had my son, it did get little better and I did get on the pill for 3 yrs. (the pill helped), but I ended up with a blood clot thanks to the pill.

Now, I can NEVER take birth control again. The symptoms were getting stronger each month again until I got pregnant for #2. I don't know what I'm going to do once I give birth b/c I'm sure it will start to go down hill again.

I feel for you and hope you can find a solution.....and if you do, let me know. I don't have many options now that the pill is ruled out.

bigorangemenace

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
TO be truthfull, I must be the luckiest girl in the world....

I dont get a regular period. My grandmother doesnt either(when she was younger). Its this weird thing that is kind of rare, where we only get our periods once in a blue moon. I think I once had it three times in one year, and it only lasts a day or two. I havent had one yet this year.

The doctor said it was unusual but there was nothing wrong with me.

And I dont get cramps either when I actually do get it.

Its like the weirdest thing in the world but eh. It might complicate having kids or something, I dont know. My mom could only have me for some reason.

Oh the doctors also thought it might be a thyroid gland problem, which would account for my weight also. I had a test but I dont think I ever knew the results??? Eh. If I cant have kids, I'll adopt, as simple as that. Or ill get some more cats.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by winwin

What if you had to shave every morning like us men, but do you hear us complaining, NO !!

Leonard
Aaaaaaargh don't even go there with that excuse!!

I'm hormonal at the moment so i get twisty, crave carbs and chocolate more, emotional, bloated and cramps

Nuff said!

This heat doesn't help either

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Aaaaaaargh don't even go there with that excuse!!

I'm hormonal at the moment so i get twisty, crave carbs and chocolate more, emotional, bloated and cramps

Nuff said!

This heat doesn't help either
Oh Susan...

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, well i get really bad pain for an hour, but just a simple asprin or period pain tablets will work with in 10 minutes and its all gone.
I watched my friend take days off schools and holidays being cramped in bed crying, she had alot stronger tablets, once i took one and wow my period pain just vanished really quickly.

Even with the pill my pains stay the same.

I just went ahead and took the next pack of pill last month and wow, last weeks pain was NOT good.

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a mega moody and painful time. It can be so bad that someone could just look at me and I will loose it! I also get silly during TOTM and forget things.... I also suffer with depression and near, during and after TOTM I am just evil! As someone else said above, I have just been put on the pill too along with my normal a/d's to see if that helps.

The pill is horrible and I don't think it has settled into my system yet. I have only been on it 1 month and have had a least two "mini" periods in between.... oh well
The joys of being a women

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I used to go through a really awful time at that end of the month. I'd spend three days curled up in a ball, throwing up and wishing I was dead. That's how much it hurt. They put me on Mefanamic acid at it's strongest dose and that made no difference whatsoever. They tried four different types of pill. Pretty much the only thing that sorted me out was having my son. I took the option of having an implanon implant fitted as soon as I could - it was new on the market then and beb, it's amazing!! I think I bleed as often as once every three months, and it doesn't hurt! I want to find the guy who invented the thing and hug him
It lasts for three years without having to worry about contraceptive pills every day (I've got a lousy memory), you don't even know it's there. It sits just under the skin of the inside of your upper arm. I would really really highly recommend it to any woman who has a hard time at "That time". Instead of one big dose of hormones first thing in the morning that peeters out through the day, just to get another big dose the next day, your hormones are controlled at a constant level all the time. It's fantastic! I absolutely love it. I used to be really evil with moods too, but even though I do get a little touchy sometimes, that's NOTHING compared to the fireball of rage I used to turn into! Most of my problem with moods is the fact that there's been a lot of change in my life recently, changes I'm not used to yet and ones that have taken an awful lot for me to make in the first place. Once I'm a bit more settled down, it's all going to be great! IMPLANON!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Gilly

I have a mega moody and painful time. It can be so bad that someone could just look at me and I will loose it! I also get silly during TOTM and forget things.... I also suffer with depression and near, during and after TOTM I am just evil! As someone else said above, I have just been put on the pill too along with my normal a/d's to see if that helps.

The pill is horrible and I don't think it has settled into my system yet. I have only been on it 1 month and have had a least two "mini" periods in between.... oh well
The joys of being a women
i believe it takes about 2 months for your body to regulate with the pill...hang in there!

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yasmine

i believe it takes about 2 months for your body to regulate with the pill...hang in there!
Yeah, someone else said that to me as well .... I think my boobs have got bigger as well

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
very true, when I started the pill, I had my monthly "friend" stayed for a whole month!!, I thought I was going to go insane. Then things settled out.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Shaving is a personal choice.

PMS is NOT
BRAVO Sam!!!

I am currently on Day 2 (yes, the most DREADED day for all of us ladies) of my "cycle" and I feel miserable....what bothers me most physically is that I have a difficult time sleeping when I'm on my period...I'm up throughout the night!

I take Estrostep and like it quite a bit. Keeps me regular and I like that predictability.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is a timely thread considering yesterday was the big day - major cramps, like always. So, went home took some ibuprofen, had a bubble bath and layed down on the couch with my heating pad - Katie. She seems to know what I'm going through!

juniper

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh yes - I had HORRIBLE cramps - I mean, I would be doubled up in bed unable to move for three or four days straight, it was awful. I tried going on the pill, and it lessened the pain a bit, but definitely didn't get rid of it. Then I went on Depo-Provera, so now I don't have a period at all, which means I don't have any of the horrible symptoms that go along with it - Depo's gotten a really bad name, and it definitely isn't good for everyone, but for me it's been a godsend (and I haven't had any other side effects, either).

yasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Gilly

Yeah, someone else said that to me as well .... I think my boobs have got bigger as well
lol i wish that would happen to me!!!!!!!!!

yasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Juniper

Oh yes - I had HORRIBLE cramps - I mean, I would be doubled up in bed unable to move for three or four days straight, it was awful. I tried going on the pill, and it lessened the pain a bit, but definitely didn't get rid of it. Then I went on Depo-Provera, so now I don't have a period at all, which means I don't have any of the horrible symptoms that go along with it - Depo's gotten a really bad name, and it definitely isn't good for everyone, but for me it's been a godsend (and I haven't had any other side effects, either).
I've heard mixed stories about depo-provera from ppl that used it...i mean, me personally i dont want to have my period BUT if i didnt then i'd always wonder "what if i were prego" b/c my b/f (of 5 yrs) and i do not use any protection. BUt i guess it all goes back to a previous post....body chemisty is all different-- but i'm glad that you found a solution!!! I'm hoping my appt today will bring me good news!!!!!!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I often was totally incapacitated. I would lie in bed with a hot water bottle and tears would be rolling down my face because the pain was so bad.

By the time our daughter was 3 yrs. old, my doctor suggested a hysterectomy (due to other medical problems like cysts on my ovaries, pain during ovulation, and basically discomfort and pain 3 out of every 4 weeks and I had cervical cancer 8 yrs. before our daughter was born). The freedom I have had since then is amazing. Life if worth living ALL MONTH now instead of one week per month.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't take the pill anymore-not for many years. I guess I would be in peri-menopause now. Not too bad as it was when I was around 40. Back then I would wear a bra to bed and nothing better touch them!!
Cramps aren't too bad now-but there are days I have to wear elastic waist pant/skirts and they better be loose!! Of the chocolate and salty carving are still there.
If us live in the US there is a product you can find its like a heating pad. They have them for various body parts if you get my drift. You peel off the backing and stick it where it hurts. THermacare??? It gets pretty warm but can help.
What else help is like the minute I think I'm going to get cramps I take ibuprofen or aspirin. I mean right away!! Also the more you exercise the better the symptoms are.
Well better stock up on chocolate soon!!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been on the pill since I was 17 largely due to the fact that I never had a clue when I'd be getting my period. Sometimes I'd get it twice a month, sometimes I'd get it once every 4 months. It was frustrating and I didn't enjoy that at all. I was constantly worried that it would show up at an inopportune moment! I also used to have EXCRUTIATING backpains after it had started. So, I started with Ortho-Tricyclen, then switched to Ortho-Cyclen, and now I'm finally on Yasmin (and intend to stay on it)! Turns out my levels of estrogen are naturally abnormally high and the first two would make me sick for the first week I was taking the pill each month. I'm talking getting up in the middle of the night about 2 or 3 times to go throw up. Yasmin has one of the lowest doses of estrogen and thankfully doesn't make me sick. Granted, I still feel nauseous that first morning I wake up after taking it, but nothing more than that and it's only the first day. Yasmin has also helped with my terrible back pain. It still hurts a bit, but it's nowhere near what it used to be.

And I see I have a great ability to ramble on about "that time of the month."
Sorry for being so long winded!