That time of the month

yasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Does anyone on here go through a real rough time around "that time of the month"...i mean-- not just cranky-- but physically....??

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, I don't think that's quite what she was referring to Amigo........but yes, I used to have a rough time physically until my doc put me on the pill.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

LOL, I don't think that's quite what she was referring to Amigo........but yes, I used to have a rough time physically until my doc put me on the pill.
....oh my...

Sorry confusion here!

Well in that case thanks to God until now just a headaches sometimes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

lol too funny...but yea -- talking about PMS...i have such SEVERE symptoms-- to where its hard to even function. I'm going to the dr tomorrow to see if she can possibly switch my pills or something...i dont think its supposed to be this way.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to have a horrible time until the doc put me on the pill, too. Your doctor should be able to switch your pill and find one that works better for you. I'm sorry you're having such a rough time.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to have a terrible time as well. I went on the pill over 12 years ago..and over the years I've switched types. The one I'm on now is great, eleviates alot of the crappy things (headaches, cramps), and it makes your skin look good too!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Miss Mew, that sounds like it would work great for me!! Would you feel comfortable mentioning the name? I tried several kinds of pills about 10 years ago, including Tri-Fasil, but my migranes got much worse, so I put up with the cramps & the excessive flow, hoping for menopause, but this year's blood work shows I'm still not peri-menopausal yet (sigh) and the dr. says the earlier you start, the later you stop - hey, what's up with that?? The only plus is that my deliveries were so incredibly fast & easy.

yasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

Oh, Miss Mew, that sounds like it would work great for me!! Would you feel comfortable mentioning the name? I tried several kinds of pills about 10 years ago, including Tri-Fasil, but my migranes got much worse, so I put up with the cramps & the excessive flow, hoping for menopause, but this year's blood work shows I'm still not peri-menopausal yet (sigh) and the dr. says the earlier you start, the later you stop - hey, what's up with that?? The only plus is that my deliveries were so incredibly fast & easy.
I heard YASMINE and ORTHO TRICYLINE was good for the skin...i'm currently taking Lo-Ovaral...for about 5 yrs now...but every week before my aunt flo arrives i get dizzy, nasueated, diearea, headaches, body swelling, restlessness, irritable, cold/hot sweats...just plain doodie....and it seems the older i get (i'm 26) the worse it gets for me...so i'm hoping that there is a solution.

We have previosly tried taking some meds for PMDD (Premenstrual dysphoric disorder) hoping it would ease my problems, but it only made me sick to my stomach.

FYI--Women with PMDD complain of irritability, anger, tension, marked depressed mood, and mood lability (crying spells for no reason, verbal outbursts, or tantrums ) to such a severity that quality of life is seriously compromised. In addition to these symptoms, some women complain of lethargy, sleep disturbance, limited concentration and a host of physical symptoms such as breast tenderness, headaches, joint and muscle pain, bloating and weight gain.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was on Ortho Tricyclen, it actually made my PMS WORSE. That was no good, so I actually switched to OrthoEvra, which is known as 'The Patch' and it has made my life so much easier around that special time.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

The type I take is Tri-cyclen 28 day. I find that it works great for all those symptoms. Of course it is a matter of body chemistry too. I do still get some back cramping but that is due to an old injury and it's only amplified at that time of the month.

winwin

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You gals get a lot of mileage out of that, don't you ? ?

What if you had to shave every morning like us men, but do you hear us complaining, NO !!

Leonard

yasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by winwin

What if you had to shave every morning like us men, but do you hear us complaining, NO !!

Leonard
i dont think shaving is as painful than having cramps and other physical problems...shaving takes what...a total of 5 minutes when we have to deal with it for 48 hrs or more...and yea now that you mention it-- my boyfriend does complain about shaving...
So i guess men NEVER complain??? *sighs* yea right...

P.S. I do shave everyday...my legs!!!

winwin

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yas, thanks for not coming for me with a bucket of tar and a couple of feather pillows !

I was being obnoxious again.

I have been married since I was 21 and have a daughter, so I am somewhat familiar with the problems ladies face in that regard, and seriously, my sympathies are very much with you, and am envious of the support you give each other and jealous that we men do not stick together and offer help in times of crisis, but then, that would not be "macho", would it ? ?

Oh my, the games people play . . .

Bless you, child, and may peace and plenty be your lot.

Leonard

ps, I LOVE your grey cat ! ! I have a stumpy (almost a rumpy) manx that looks just like him, and since I could not see a tail on your grey, he might be a manx. I just love them, they are special in a number of ways.

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even at my "advanced" age (40+) I still have cramps...but the mood swings are the worst. Going from laughing to totally depressed. And just feeling like I want to cry...or fall asleep whichever comes first. The doc tried progesterone for my pms since he thinks I'm too old for birthcontrol. Just made me violent. We switched to a more natural progesterone and that got rid of the violent tendancies and brought out the weepies the past month or 2.

yasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
WINWIN----
My apologies....it just really irritates when guys say that we dont really have PMS- thats its an excuse...and i've had "break-ups" because of this same discussion...so yes i am a lil sensitive about this topic...
Forgive me????

P.S. Thx for the compliment on my "tubby"...her tail is very long and fat...same color....
What is a Manx?

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by winwin

Leonard
Shaving is a personal choice.

PMS is NOT

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yasmine

WINWIN----
My apologies....it just really irritates when guys say that we dont really have PMS- thats its an excuse...and i've had "break-ups" because of this same discussion...so yes i am a lil sensitive about this topic...
Forgive me????

P.S. Thx for the compliment on my "tubby"...her tail is very long and fat...same color....
What is a Manx?
A manx is a BREED of a cat, with NO tail or a small stump. Just because your cat has a tail it doesn't make it a manx.

Hope that answers your question.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok back on topic-

I do get very bad PMS I'm starting on the pill soon so hopefully that will help. Oh and both P & M. I cry alot and my stomach feels like it's tying itself in a knot!