Thanksgiving treats for Terra the Cat?

thefishyone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just me and Terra this Thanksgiving. That said, my little sister is bringing me dinner later today. I don’t imagine Terra can partake of much, but could she safely eat an unseasoned, gravy free, cat sized piece of turkey?

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Unseasonably, gravy free is fine for cats. The biggest danger with Thanksgiving turkey is typically garlic and onions but you have to get larger amounts then you will getting a small inner piece of turkey.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thefishyone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the feedback. Terra (usually) has a pretty good sense of what she can safely eat, and what is best enjoyed with her nose. I will often order pizza, and dairy is Terra’s favorite people food, but will only eat small tastes of topping free cheese with no sauce on it.Once she has had her taste of plain cheese, she will happily enjoy the rest of the pizza with her nose, and not her mouth.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The biggest danger with Thanksgiving turkey is typically garlic and onions but you have to get larger amounts then you will getting a small inner piece of turkey.

And the discarded cooked bones in your kitchen trash can. Cooked bones splinter easily and can cause injury to the cat if ingested (perforated esophagus or stomach, etc). If your trash can doesn't have a lid and you can't put the trash can inside a cabinet or in a secure place outside of the kitchen, put the discarded bones into a freezer bag and place into the freezer. On trash day, take the bag of bones out and discard with the rest of the trash.

GHsaltie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hope you don't mind if I pop in here with a related question. Is the neck okay to feed? In smaller bits of course, not the whole thing. I got some of the meat off but I'd hate for it to just go to waste.