Thanksgiving Menu

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I finally figured things out and last night, I did my planning list for times, oven temps, etc. Whew! I think that's the latest I've ever finished up.

After years and years of making Alton Brown's Good Eats Roast Turkey, I'm trying Ina Garten's turkey tomorrow. It's a dry rub with lemon, thyme, and kosher salt rubbed into the turkey. It will sit in the fridge all day today and then tonight I'll take the wrap off over night, so the skin dries out a bit. Then throw the onion and lemon into the cavity and take it from there. You make a gravy base and then mix that into the drippings in the roasting pan. Should be interesting.

Ina's Roast Turkey with the Gravy
Mashed Potatoes
Crockpot Stuffing (I wanted to try a new stuffing recipe, but Rick gave me a resounding NO!)
Corn Pudding
Stuffed Mushrooms
Ina's Green Bean Gremolata
Cranberry Relish

Dessert will be a pumpkin pie (a different recipe from King Arthur where you make the filling and then chill it overnight for the flavors to meld and then throw it into the crust and bake it the next day). And a Roasted Granny Smith Apple Pie (from Southern Living).

It's just RIck and me, so nothing exotic. Just the standard turkey and sides. Dinner will be at 4:00, if you're interested!

What are you making for Thanksgiving dinner? And what time shall I be there?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm cooking a steak that I will share with the cats whether I like it or not (I do). :lol: A baked potato and some kind of veggie to go with. DD said that she doesn't want anything special. I asked multiple times. She will make "whatever".

Whatever. :dunno: She did want some Halo Top ice cream for dessert so I got her that. She's not into big meals. Fine by me.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm planning on the chicken and rice casserole and have the chicken thighs thawing in the fridge right now. But I'm not sure if I'll have time to make it since I'm working tomorrow and got more stuff added to my schedule so I'm looking at a full day. Plus commuting home when public transportation is on a holiday schedule (meaning infrequent service).

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally figured things out and last night, I did my planning list for times, oven temps, etc. Whew! I think that's the latest I've ever finished up.

After years and years of making Alton Brown's Good Eats Roast Turkey, I'm trying Ina Garten's turkey tomorrow. It's a dry rub with lemon, thyme, and kosher salt rubbed into the turkey. It will sit in the fridge all day today and then tonight I'll take the wrap off over night, so the skin dries out a bit. Then throw the onion and lemon into the cavity and take it from there. You make a gravy base and then mix that into the drippings in the roasting pan. Should be interesting.

Ina's Roast Turkey with the Gravy
Mashed Potatoes
Crockpot Stuffing (I wanted to try a new stuffing recipe, but Rick gave me a resounding NO!)
Corn Pudding
Stuffed Mushrooms
Ina's Green Bean Gremolata
Cranberry Relish

Dessert will be a pumpkin pie (a different recipe from King Arthur where you make the filling and then chill it overnight for the flavors to meld and then throw it into the crust and bake it the next day). And a Roasted Granny Smith Apple Pie (from Southern Living).

It's just RIck and me, so nothing exotic. Just the standard turkey and sides. Dinner will be at 4:00, if you're interested!

What are you making for Thanksgiving dinner? And what time shall I be there?
Sounds amazing, as everything everyone is serving. Steak sound yummy, Kat0121 Kat0121

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds amazing, as everything everyone is serving. Steak sound yummy, Kat0121 Kat0121
We love steak.

My Sophie is a steak monster. I made one recently and had it sitting on the desk next to me to rest before I cut into it. I noticed something moving next to me and she had jumped up onto the little shelf that sits on the desk. She was trying to grab the steak and take a bite. When that plan failed she started licking the corner. I was watching all this giggling to myself and then she looked up and saw me watching her. She stood up on the little shelf and started hollering at me. "CUT ME A PIECE RIGHT NOW!" Of course I did and she ate what she wanted. Meanwhile. Lilith sat patiently waiting for hers so I shared some with her. Sophie was sitting on the printer by now watching her sister eat. When I looked over at her, she was glaring at me as if she hadn't just had some. I asked her if she wanted more and she started yelling again. She wanted me to bring it to her and being the dutiful servant I am, I did. I don't even pretend to be in charge at my house (their house). :lol:

Sophie's not the biggest people food fan but she sure does love steak and knows whenever I have it.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Roast turkey which I brined,gravy,mashed potatoes and cauliflower (they are mashed together),roasted brussel sprouts with onion,bacon and apple and drizzled with a balsamic glaze,lima beans,watergate salad,grape salad,cranberry-orange relish,and the desserts are apple-raisin pie,pumpkin pie and a peanut butter cheesecake with a chocolate crust and ganache drizzled over the top.Sounds like I'm feeding an army...nope...just 3 of us.Holwever,probably half the leftovers will go home with our son.Daughter in law has to work "the event" at WalMart.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
What feasts you are all preparing! I fell asleep and when I awoke it was too late to order my food for today.
Nicole will bring me a plate of food like last year but it will be late, probably around 8pm. I have 2 Marie
Calender's chicken dinners in the freezer and 2 Danish. :yess:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
A day late and I am procrastinating with cleanup to post this. ;)

Jambalaya (brother brought)
Tons of chip and dip
veggies and hummus
cheese, charcuterie and crackers
shrimp scampi dip

22 pound turkey with gravy
10.5 lb ham
mashed potatoes
Portuguese chourico stuffing
French meat stuffing
Vegan stuffing
macaroni and cheese
Vegan portobello stew
green beans
brussels sprouts salad
canned cranberry sauce
fresh cranberry sauce
buffalo cauliflower (brought by nephew)
turnip and carrots (brought by SIL)
rolls and butter

Chocolate chip cookies
Candy bark
Cake - 2 layers chocolate with a middle layer of chocolate chip cheesecake with fudge frosting
chunky monkey cake (brought by brother)
Banana chocolate chip bread (brought by brother)
rolo pretzel sandwiches (brought by niece)
banana chocolate chip cake (brought by niece's friend)

Soda, water and seltzer
wine and beer
hard ciders and seltzers
cranberry margaritas
cinnamon sour martinis
blueberry cosmos
maple jack punch
pumpkin martinis
sangria
oatmeal cookie dessert shot
apple crisp rum shooter
pomegranate lime mocktail

14 for dinner with around 20 by the end of the night and I send everyone home with leftovers.

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
A day late and I am procrastinating with cleanup to post this. ;)

Jambalaya (brother brought)
Tons of chip and dip
veggies and hummus
cheese, charcuterie and crackers
shrimp scampi dip

22 pound turkey with gravy
10.5 lb ham
mashed potatoes
Portuguese chourico stuffing
French meat stuffing
Vegan stuffing
macaroni and cheese
Vegan portobello stew
green beans
brussels sprouts salad
canned cranberry sauce
fresh cranberry sauce
buffalo cauliflower (brought by nephew)
turnip and carrots (brought by SIL)
rolls and butter

Chocolate chip cookies
Candy bark
Cake - 2 layers chocolate with a middle layer of chocolate chip cheesecake with fudge frosting
chunky monkey cake (brought by brother)
Banana chocolate chip bread (brought by brother)
rolo pretzel sandwiches (brought by niece)
banana chocolate chip cake (brought by niece's friend)

Soda, water and seltzer
wine and beer
hard ciders and seltzers
cranberry margaritas
cinnamon sour martinis
blueberry cosmos
maple jack punch
pumpkin martinis
sangria
oatmeal cookie dessert shot
apple crisp rum shooter
pomegranate lime mocktail

14 for dinner with around 20 by the end of the night and I send everyone home with leftovers.
Mmmm-mm, wish I could come over and eat with you guys 😋