Thanksgiving Dinner

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 That really looks good. I love anything with cranberries. And I like balsamic vinegar, too.

I'm not making pumpkin pies this year. Well, I may, but not for Thanksgiving dinner. I make little pumpkin custards in individual serving dishes. It's so good and there's no crust. I'll make them early Thursday morning.

Got my turkey out of the freezer this morning.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We were invited to my sister's house to be with my siblings and their kids which is where we normally go (my husband has little family and none he even cares to be around, sadly) but decided not to (again) this year due to various reasons. Husband and I will be home ourselves which is fine.

Neither of us are turkey lovers (it's ok, but we don't crave it) so I bought the smallest Applewood Smoked Berkshire Ham I could find and I think I'm doing a grainy mustard/maple glaze. We also aren't into most of the traditional sides so not yams, no green bean casseroles, no cranberries in any form LOL. I'll probably make mashed potatoes with fresh chives, oven roasted carrots and asparagus. All easy to prepare and cook.

Contemplating homemade mac and cheese if I have the energy to do it, instead of the mashed potatoes.

We will have stuffing, of course. The crock pot method looks appealing so thanks to everyone who mentioned it!

Not sure on dessert yet. We have a local farm that sells amazing bakery items so most likely I'll pick up one of their Honeycrisp Apple pies on Wednesday.

Very simple meal. I don't want to have to put in a lot of effort but do like making it more special than a daily dinner. I will pull out the good china and real napkins for this meal!

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A slight change to our dessert for Thanksgiving. Rick loves Junior's Cheesecakes. I surprised him last year at Christmas with a cheesecake. I'm doing it again for Thanksgiving. He found a Tiramisu Cheesecake that he wants, so I ordered it for him. It should (HOPEFULLY!!!!) be here the day before Thanksgiving. And that means, I don't have to make a pumpkin/butternut squash pie. I don't care for cheesecake of any kind, but, then again, I don't really need dessert anyway. And I know he'll be happy with it.
I was at the supermarket today and they had Juniors cheesecakes, frozen and fresh. Grabbed one of the frozen ones. It's a fav here too. If I can't get the apple pie I want, and am too lazy to do one at home at least we have cheesecake! I have a bag of local strawberries that I froze over the summer which I can puree and make a simple sauce from.