Thankfully I'm strong

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I received my latest Chewy order today. It weighed 62 pounds of just food. :shocked: Thank God I'm pretty strong and was able to carry it to my apartment, but man... I feel bad for the delivery people. No package thieves for that one, I'm sure.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha! I always have to open the box and take the food in case by case. I suppose that wouldn't work in an apartment though.

I do feel bad for the delivery employees but UPS and FedEx have hand trucks at least :D.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
In the Philippines I order by just a dozen every time, but not all are cat food as I have dogs. So it is not that heavy, and easy for my kids to bring them into the house. Usually I purchase online 5 cans for my Pepsi and 7 cans for my 3 dogs, so in a week the familiar delivery guys would be at our front door at least twice a week, depending on their appetite. :). Delivery would include Pepsi's litter.

Here in Doha I have to buy all cat food and litter from the grocery store. But I am lucky that my husband carries them all to the flat everytime :)

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That's the main reason I switched cat litters. The fine-grained clumping clay I'd been buying in 15 kg. packages for years suddenly was only available in 2-bag shipments weighing 30 kgs (66 lbs.). That's way too heavy. Many of the delivery people are women, too, who have a really hard time lifting such heavy boxes off the truck.

Mowgli's canned cat food is bad enough, but manageable, and I do the same thing W Willowy does.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I was stuck with a 40 pound box of litter for 3 days that I couldn't open. i had asked helper to only buy what she can easily carry.
When she got back she said she wouldn't help me lift it and I asked how she got from the car to the deck steps, up the steps and into the apt. Finally I cut off the top using a huge sharp knife, ha!!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was stuck with a 40 pound box of litter for 3 days that I couldn't open. i had asked helper to only buy what she can easily carry.
When she got back she said she wouldn't help me lift it and I asked how she got from the car to the deck steps, up the steps and into the apt. Finally I cut off the top using a huge sharp knife, ha!!
So the litter climbed out of the car and walked into the apartment? That's amazing. I need to get that brand. :rolleyes2:

Is Hannah coming back (I Hope)?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
My 55lb Chewy order is supposed to arrive today. :lol: Thankfully my husband works from home now. I usually have to open the box and take things out first.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
So the litter climbed out of the car and walked into the apartment? That's amazing. I need to get that brand. :rolleyes2:

Is Hannah coming back (I Hope)?
[/QUOTE

I highly doubt it but you never know, God I miss that smiling face with the jokes and her love of cooking..:redheartpump::bawling:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a little collapsible cart with specially designed wheels to go up and down stairs. I use it to move bags of salt to the basement water softener and to move other heavy things in and out of the house.

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We get our litter from Chewy too and I always feel guilty when we get a delivery. Not guilty enough to buy it and lug it home myself though. ;)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:lol: I’m married to a delivery driver so I can tell you how much they just LOVE those shipments. ;) Especially when a box of litter busts. :crazy: I hear stories about how bad some companies package things. Chewy just tends to be heavy.

I usually only order 2 trays of wet food at a time so it won’t get too heavy. Sometimes I get three if I’m out of that much. And then I make sure not to order treats with it so they won’t get squashed. I get my litter with my grocery pickup from Walmart so they load it in my car for me. I always thank them for that!