Thank you for welcoming me to your site🌺.

Florence Wurtsbaugh

My Ralph
Kitten
Purraise
Good Morning and Aloha from HAWAII 🌺,
I think my Ralph (cat) might have COVID, took him to the vet, saying upper respiratory infection but I and my boyfriend too feels it's more. If he does have COVID how can we help him. He pretty much is showing all the cat symptoms. The vets here are Soo expensive! We can't afford it but we love our boy and really would appreciate some SERIOUS HELP 🙏 thanks jus me

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS. I am sorry Ralph is sick, but just as is the case for humans with either COVID or an upper respiratory infection, treatment can only be prescribed by a doctor. In your case, I presume your vet prescribed something for your cat to take? If you have already absorbed the cost of the vet visit, the medication will be a lot less than that. I'd follow the vet's recommendations. They are probably wanting to put him on an antibiotic, which can be applicable to both COVID and an upper respiratory infection. Although COVID is viral, it still can cause an upper respiratory infecton which has to be treated with antibiotics.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I suggest you follow your vet's advice and treat the cat for a respiratory infection. A course of antibiotics is not that expensive and, as Feebys Owner has said, the antibiotics can be helpful if it turns out that Ralph does have Covid.

Please keep us posted on how everything goes.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you can't afford an antibiotic at the dvm, I wanted to let you know that you can get them to give you an rx ( in my state they are required to do that, and they may be in yours if you request that), and take that to a pharmacy to fill it there if you want to. Just google the medication in goodrx, they provide you with coupons that you can save and then take that to the pharmacy. I saved over $1000 doing this last week! They often show you several different prices at several different pharmacies, just use the lowest price quoted. On some of the meds I got the actual price at the pharmacy was even lower. You may have to sign up for goodrx, they have an app too. When you go to the pharmacy they will put the rx under your cat's name. I hope he gets better asap and that he does not have covid.

Last edited by a moderator:

CatEng

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm just curious, what exactly leads you to believe he has COVID instead of the more common causes of upper respiratory infections in cats?