Terra the Cat seems to have lost interest in her food

thefishyone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
First off, I don’t free feed Terra. She gets 2/3 a cup (what her vet recommends) of Iams healthy adult, spread out over 3 meals. Lately, she seems to have lost interest in it. She still drinks plenty of water, is energetic, and still expresses interest in my food.

To be clear, she has an appointment with her vet tomorrow. Are there any questions I should ask him, or tests I should have him run? Terra had hrr yearly check up this past January, and received a clean bill of health at the time.

Terra will also be 11 this winter. Thank you all in advance.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
In my experience usually vets don't recommend food unless it's to help with an illness, so that's interesting. In any case, I'd suggest feeding canned food. Otherwise I don't know beyond a senior feline wellness check and blood draw - is that what they did in January?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thefishyone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My short term memory is quite poor due to a brain infection, but I don’t think they drew blood at her last check up (they may have, I just can’t remember). In any event, I couldn’t get her into the vet today, but they did recommend trying the Isms senior cat formula since she’s 10 and a half. She HAS been eating some of the food I leave out for her, just not all of it.

They did recommend bringing her back in if the senior food doesn’t help, but hopefully it will.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You might consider this;
IAMS Perfect Portions Healthy Senior Chicken Recipe Grain-Free Cuts in Gravy Wet Cat Food Trays, 2.6-oz

thefishyone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’ll keep an eye out for it. Would Petco have it?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
They might, --chewy was out of stock yesterday but I think a person can ask them to let you know when it's back (they work pretty hard to keep things going, as best they can :) ), and there's also possibly Amazon.

thefishyone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update on Terra: She’s been eating normally for s while now. I didn’t even have to switch her cat food. I don’t know for a fact, but I suspect she may have had a stomach bug. In any event, she’s doing good. Thanks for the help, Furballsmam.