Tera + 2 - 4

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You are so sweet. It looks like the two meatballs are staying. Tera is such a fantastic cat but our Mook is unlikely to tolerate the introduction of a grown alpha female. Mercy is a powder puff. 

Every day we spend time with Tera to give her a chance to trust humans. She is the ideal companion cat. ( once spayed).

Mercy had a short no touch meet and greet with one of the meatballs. She is ecstatic and was so excited. She wants to know where it went and when they can have a real play date. Mook was asleep and we left her snarly self snooze though the fun.
That is wonderful that you are keeping the two little ones. I hope you get a chance to video of Mercy playing with them when they are bigger 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise

That is wonderful that you are keeping the two little ones. I hope you get a chance to video of Mercy playing with them when they are bigger 
It looks like it would be pretty easy to post one to FB from my phone. She has been obsessed since last night. it's going to be hard enough to turn Tera over to a rescue. Some how the idea of choosing ONE of the babies is just beyond us.  I just hope everyone understands we would keep Tera if possible. But that's 5 cats and a war zone. These rescues charge several hundred dollars to take a cat. If Tera were really wild or unhappy inside I'd consider making a station for her outside. She's just such a fantastic cat we want to do what we can to see her get a home. And it's slim pickins out here.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

It looks like it would be pretty easy to post one to FB from my phone. She has been obsessed since last night. it's going to be hard enough to turn Tera over to a rescue. Some how the idea of choosing ONE of the babies is just beyond us.  I just hope everyone understands we would keep Tera if possible. But that's 5 cats and a war zone. These rescues charge several hundred dollars to take a cat. If Tera were really wild or unhappy inside I'd consider making a station for her outside. She's just such a fantastic cat we want to do what we can to see her get a home. And it's slim pickins out here.
You are going over and beyond the call of duty, taking Tera in and then spending your own money to find her a suitable rescue.  You're giving her a chance, which she didn't have before.  She's really a beautiful cat and sounds like a real charmer to boot - hopefully she will find her forever home soon.  As for the meatballs, I'm so glad you're keeping them!  It will be fun vicariously watching them grow up.  

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

And they have been named. One of our favorite bands and a fun song. Frog and Toad. The longhair is Frog and the shorthair is Toad.

Last edited:

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

So there's not really a whole lot going on. Mostly I'm cleaning, sanitizing, rinsing and changing and feeding and cleaning the litter box and then repeating. I bought one of those huge clear storage containers today. It's over 3 feet long and pretty wide with over foot high sides. got some baby dishes. Some no slip shelving cover to put on the bottom so they can walk because that's coming real soon now.  I found the cheap dollar store receiving blankets are best for the nest box. No one can get tangled and they're easy to wash and change but still soft. No one gets tangled. Both have fully opened eyes now and respond well to be held and gently petted for a few minutes twice a day. We don't over handle them. Tera is eating well Right now things are going great. Tera is getting at least 8 hours a day out of the crate. I wish it was more but we can work this for another few weeks.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Squeee! Look at how cute they are!

I think 8 hours a day out of the crate is plenty. I'm sure Tera is happy with that.

Glad to see them all looking so healthy.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

Squeee! Look at how cute they are!

I think 8 hours a day out of the crate is plenty. I'm sure Tera is happy with that.

Glad to see them all looking so healthy.
We're trying hard to keep her happy. I let her out for a break and she stretched  used the litter box in the room instead of the one in the crate and then went back to her babies. She peed on the edge of the litter box this morning in the crate and my what a mess. The nest box is elevated as you can see in the picture. I took the guard off the top of the litter box and it hasn't happened since. It sort of worked like a funnel. ewwwwwwwww. The babies are two weeks and I know they should be weighed but they are so obviously growing and meeting milestones a scale is one thing I feel we can take off the budget. Their eyes are open and their little ears are starting to unfold. I know they aren't supposed to hear but mama talks to them all the time and they seem to answer. I never hear these babies cry. They chatter to mama. They're pushing up on their legs too. Holding their heads up for longer periods of time. Tera is eating 5-6 cans of FF per day plus a bit of kibble. I found she drinks more if she gets a few pieces in her wet food.

Mercy is counting the days until she has them to play with. We showed her one twice now. Those big round eyes get rounder and she starts to chatter. The babies don't answer her though.  Our goal is 4 weeks and then evaluate the babies.

Tera is the cat everyone wants. She's affectionate. Wants to be held, petted and sit on your lap, sit by your side. Chatter to you. She has never offered once to bite or use a claw. In fact she's very careful. litter box and scratcher trained. Vet couldn't tell how old she was but she can't be that old. They don't last out here when fending for themselves. Someone has got to want her.

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't get over the transformation in Tera's demeanor, since the first pic of being whipped and now to a life of comfort and trust.

I think someone will snatch up this sweetie pie and love her as she deserves to be loved.  You've done such a wonderful job with this little family, it's certainly been a pleasure to be on this journey with you.

Can't wait to see more pics of Tera and her golden eyes, and those cute little meatballs. LOL

Love it!!!

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

I can't get over the transformation in Tera's demeanor, since the first pic of being whipped and now to a life of comfort and trust.

I think someone will snatch up this sweetie pie and love her as she deserves to be loved.  You've done such a wonderful job with this little family, it's certainly been a pleasure to be on this journey with you.

Can't wait to see more pics of Tera and her golden eyes, and those cute little meatballs. LOL

Love it!!!
The babies reacted to sound this morning. Tera jumped out of her crate and went to the big litter box, then used the carpet scratcher, had breakfast and lounged it the window while we played with the babies in bed. I swear Toad made some eye contact with hubs. I know they can't hear well or see much but there is an obvious change over night in their behaviors. Tera made a play for the kitchen this morning. Really poor dear I was not born yesterday. She found the pet gate and was promptly returned to the bed room. We're hoping the babies will be eating some food on their own by the time we have to separate them. And Amazon finally shipped my case of KMR second stages. We used that with Mook and it's wonderful. You know one of the back up plans was to fix Tera and let her live outside and make her a shelter. Discussed this morning and neither of us could open the door and put her back out. It's against our principals. Toad is a bit smaller but much more advanced and Froggy is bigger but opened his eyes later and is catching up. Both are starting to eyeball the edge of the nest box.

Pictures later today.

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The babies reacted to sound this morning. Tera jumped out of her crate and went to the big litter box, then used the carpet scratcher, had breakfast and lounged it the window while we played with the babies in bed. I swear Toad made some eye contact with hubs. I know they can't hear well or see much but there is an obvious change over night in their behaviors. Tera made a play for the kitchen this morning. Really poor dear I was not born yesterday. She found the pet gate and was promptly returned to the bed room. We're hoping the babies will be eating some food on their own by the time we have to separate them. And Amazon finally shipped my case of KMR second stages. We used that with Mook and it's wonderful. You know one of the back up plans was to fix Tera and let her live outside and make her a shelter. Discussed this morning and neither of us could open the door and put her back out. It's against our principals. Toad is a bit smaller but much more advanced and Froggy is bigger but opened his eyes later and is catching up. Both are starting to eyeball the edge of the nest box.

Pictures later today.
I think Tera will adjust to a new loving home.  Hopefully she'll get a peaceful home where she is the center of the Universe. She deserves it.

Toad & Froggy, LOL I love it.  Can't wait for other pics.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
What a cozy nest Tera, Frog and Toad have.  
  Tera's coat is shining with good health - what a difference between now and when you first rescued her.  

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
She took them out of the nest box today. I moved them to the ' bassinet'. We were hoping for another week in the nest. Sadly the more she insists on moving them about the sooner we have to say goodbye to her. Her and Mook want to go balls to the wall and Mercy hides for an hour every time we try a safe introduction. The babies are strong and healthy and I was amazed at how well they were getting around. I do know the birth date of Aug 30 is accurate. Oddly both Mook and Mercy are fine with the babies. Hang onto your butts. We're going for as many days as we can here.

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are doing such an amazing job of balancing the needs of all the kitties involved [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

Sending lots of love to Tera, Frog, Toad, Mook and last but not least...Mercy [emoji]10084[/emoji]️