Tera + 2 - 4

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It may not be the fairy tale ending we've hoped for, but a place for Tera and one of her babies in a shelter, a promise of a good forever home and one baby left behind for you to cherish is so much better than the future this family would have faced if you hadn't been there Kittens Mom.

I agree that once the kittens are older and Tera has been spayed she might not be so keen to usurp Mook. (I live with 3 alpha females, plus many more cats. It's taken a while but they've worked out the territory and time share by themselves.) However, there is always the chance that things might not work out and, as you say, better that you take the offer of a place in a good shelter while it's there.

I've taken whole litters of kittens plus Mum to the vets in one big carrier. They're not likely to do each other any harm and having their siblings there will keep them calmer on the journey. I'd take them all in one carrier if I were you.

Hope everything goes well for you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
Left Tera out as much as possible last night in the bedroom. She did enjoy some time by the window looking out at where she used to prowl. If we can get a sane routine down we can make this work longer. She's using the litter box in the bedroom now and the big scratcher. She is mega protective of those babies. Mercy was playing look under the door. Tera wen into full primal. Mercy wants to play so bad. Mook acts normal but refuses to go in the hallway. That part of the house has ceased to exist as far as she's concerned.

The babies are thriving and Tera continues to be an excellent mother.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Most likely this is going to be a story with ups and downs as we figure things out. I was always honest about my feelings with Kitten. Yesterday was a horrible discouraging day. It got better. I"m glad I made contact with the rescue. No matter what happens in between the goal is the same. Three kitty souls safe in forever homes.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
If anyone can do it, you can @kittensmom  !  I'm sorry to  hear yesterday was a rough day though.  (((((Hugs))))) 

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Darlin, you have been amazing in all of this, up to and especially taking those poor doomed babies to a gentle end.  And I know the dearth of good rescues/shelters in your area,  I know how hard you have worked to find the right place for Tera and her kitten, and that you will do all in your power to balance that need for the kittens to stay with her with her need for additional space, your cats' need for stability, and YOUR need for just a little sanity and breathing room. 

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
Darlin, you have been amazing in all of this, up to and especially taking those poor doomed babies to a gentle end.  And I know the dearth of good rescues/shelters in your area,  I know how hard you have worked to find the right place for Tera and her kitten, and that you will do all in your power to balance that need for the kittens to stay with her with her need for additional space, your cats' need for stability, and YOUR need for just a little sanity and breathing room. 
I agree 100% with this!! :hugs:

Very well said Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 [emoji]128149[/emoji]

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Kittens Mom   I know most of  us were rooting for the little family to be able to stay in your care, but, Mercy & Mook come first, and I wouldn't want either to feel put out.  

When you read this story the end result is 3 souls have been given a second chance at life, love and happiness, and most important, a promising future, and that's because of you.

When I look back at the first pictures taken and the last one you posted with Tera resting, proudly looking down at her sweet bundles nestled in her tail, you can only read this as a successful and most inspirational story.

As I expressed to you in my PM, this summer started out so sad for me with the loss of my sweet boy, and to end the summer with this story of life has been truly uplifting.  It's also educational, as I would love to adopt another in a few months, but there is my girl to consider.  I'm just starting to see her personality and I fear it would change.  We'll see.

I have very much enjoyed this sweet journey you've taken us on and will continue to take the ride as long as it lasts.  You're a strong person to be able to love and let go.  I have no doubt that Tera and baby will be in the best of hands and adopted into a loving home.

I know I'm repeating myself, but I'm so amazed at what you've accomplished.  I have great admiration for you.  Big hugs & warm regards, Hope

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank You. Tera is negative for FelV/FIV. She is also in good health . Weighs in a 8lb 3 oz. The babies are healthy and the thinks they are both boys. She was a champ in the car, and at the vet and aside from voicing her displeasure at being brutally stabbed with sabers she offered no sigh of aggression.

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank You. Tera is negative for FelV/FIV. She is also in good health . Weighs in a 8lb 3 oz. The babies are healthy and the thinks they are both boys. She was a champ in the car, and at the vet and aside from voicing her displeasure at being brutally stabbed with sabers she offered no sigh of aggression.
Very happy to hear of the good test results and that the vet visit and transport went well (despite Tera's complaining!).

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Great news about the blood tests. That sounds like quite a healthy weight for a nursing mother too.

So, two little boys? Are you going to be thinking of names for them soon?

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

Great news about the blood tests. That sounds like quite a healthy weight for a nursing mother too.

So, two little boys? Are you going to be thinking of names for them soon?
I'm just starting to see personality emerge. I am NOT going to let Mook name them. Keeping with the M theme Minion might be cute for one of them.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
I have a nice nest box but bedding has been an issue. I bought a pack of cloth diapers today. Mom keeps them warm. I looked for the little fleece receiving blankets but only the expensive ones were in stock. I hate cutting things up because that might leave strings. I try and keep a mixture of fresh air and warmth in the room. Those babies are always toasty warm. I have a couple of the little rice bags for cats I can add if needed.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
What I'm doing is like swatting at a single snowflake in an avalanche.  It terrifies me to know how many cats are waiting for homes.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Husband babysat Tera and her two meatballs as he calls them for 2 hours this morning. are getting big.

Sorry there aren't more pictures from yesterday. It's a long drive to the vet and Tera handled it well but she was pretty stressed when we got home. I gave her a lot of space. The other baby is opening its eyes. now. According to a lot of breeder sites that's a sign he might be a long hair. I love fluffies.

Even with a mama the babies are a lot of work. Unnatural environment means a lot of cleaning

One of the babies is a bit smaller but is chubby and well fed and seems to have motor skills a bit above the larger one who is just now opening his eyes. I guess some variation in size is normal among litter mates. Vet felt they were fine.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
"Meatballs" - I love it! 
   I'm so glad to hear that Tera and babies have clean bills of health.  It's really delightful getting to watch the babies grow through your posts.  I hope you're getting enough rest now!