Tera + 2 - 4

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
It was the Orbax oral suspension.
So i did some quick reading if I had to use a quinolone I would drive an extra 100 miles to get the Orbax before I let a veterinarian put enrofloxacin in one of my cats ever again. The truth is most vets only use generic enrofloxacin because it's cheap but the threshold is so low it's hard to get a high enough dose in to work. If I'm going to gamble with that class of antibiotic I'd choose what you used over Baytril. Also you might ask if you ever need it again if you can get transdermal gel to put in the ear. This seems to me the safest delivery system for this antibiotic.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. From that link, it sounds like these antibiotics can damage the retina in the eyes?
ALL drugs and antibiotics carry some risk. It appears that animal testing on cats showed a higher threshold of safety than enrofloxaicn which now has come incidental evidence that it can damage a cats retina even at recommended doses. This is a discussion you should have with your clinic. If they don't want to talk about possible adverse effects of any drug you may have the wrong vet and clinic.
All the veterinarians and vet techs i see giving an Rx use a computer and often check their plumbs online of the phone. It is now a failure of communication where these professionals need to understand that while they went to school and have the technical knowledge and training they have not cornered the market in knowledge that is now readily accessible and sometimes contradictory from online sources. Educating their clients on why they need to give their pets the correct medication on time and in the correct dose should go hand in hand with on the spot general education of exactly what is being given and the potential for an adverse effect. I also believe that this communication would be another safety check to make sure the dose was indeed correct.
This should happen before vaccinations or injections in the office. Warnings should be clearly listed on pill bottles. Just like human ones.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're missing a pic of someone though. Hint: she's the most perfect little fluffy Tortie who ever lived. But I shouldn't play favorites, I know. :D

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
So my H was home this weekend and I gave him the stashed kitnip box to do with the cats while I was at work. It was all transportation themed and of course he didn't take pictures. I should get a new box shortly. He talked a lot about how fun it was to show them the box and open it with them and let them rummage and uncard the toys and watch them all find the one that intrigued them. And while the toys are a good value for the 30 dollar price tag the real value is in the interaction of something special each month with your cats.
The toys also retain play power as they're in bed with me on a regular basis when I wake up.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm keeping that box in my mental file, and if the budget every allows for it, Hekitty shall have one! SILLY HUBBY, not to take pictures!

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
I'm keeping that box in my mental file, and if the budget every allows for it, Hekitty shall have one! SILLY HUBBY, not to take pictures!
He's gone for weeks sometimes so it was nice to have something extra special tucked away for him and the cats to engage in. Mook was so happy to see him she was laying on her back treading into the air. Mercy said will you play string with me, otherwise she's moms girl. Toad wanted to know if he any food that she could try while I wasn't looking and Frog just wanted to be petted she don't care who it is. Frog has become the lap cat nap cap wanna be a 13lb shoulder cat that so many want. She's a cuddle bug. Toad on the other hand has learned to put the plug in the tub so she can have more water to play in. So it's now under lock and key. ( in the winter we leave a tap open just a tad incase of a freeze. )

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL, I have a vivid image of a new Farmer's Insurance commercial featuring Toad and a flooded bathroom! What an entrancing fur family you have!