Tera + 2 - 4

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
LOVE LOVE LOVE the one of Mercy hunting Toad! OH that look on her face! Missed you Sunday and yesterday. I'm taking Sundays offline for a while, and I managed to get a tummy virus that started Saturday night and ended in the wee hours this morning. I feel eversomuch better, but I'm still shaky and feel hollow inside!
Feel better . lots of folk here are complaining about feeling sick. Quite the face that little love muffing can make isn't it.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mercy may have one of the most expressive faces I've ever seen on a cat.

And thank you! I'm already feeling like myself again. Thank goodness it was one of those 24 hour things!

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Mercy may have one of the most expressive faces I've ever seen on a cat.

And thank you! I'm already feeling like myself again. Thank goodness it was one of those 24 hour things!
She's just the funniest little cat to have around. I wish I could recover that little percent of trust that someone else took from her.
Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, I know you would love to, but knowing you, sooner or later, that last bit will come. She knows she is adored. How could she not? If I could find who mistreated her then dumped her, I might do a damage.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I know you would love to, but knowing you, sooner or later, that last bit will come. She knows she is adored. How could she not? If I could find who mistreated her then dumped her, I might do a damage.
I remember that poor little soul running back and forth in the house that first day crying for someone she was looking for. I do know there was someone who she loved and she transferred that to me and made it easier on both of us. Having the wudgies really brought her out of her shell. I know she was underweight, dirty, smelly and poorly fed when I brought her home. She was reported to be growling and biting and scratching but I've never seen those traits in her, ever.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Kinda makes you wonder why she was doing it, doesn't it? I thank Whomever may be listening that she ended up with you!

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Kinda makes you wonder why she was doing it, doesn't it? I thank Whomever may be listening that she ended up with you!
She is a reminder that no matter how deep the black hole you are in is that someone needs you and there is more healing in giving with an open heart than wallowing in your pain. Not that I don't make sure a certain veterinarian never forgets what she did to us and an innocent. When someone from her past contacts you out of the blue to inform you of her ' little problem' you wonder how many victims of her negligence there are.
Life is it's own master. If not for losing Kitten our Mercy would not be here. If not for Mercy I don't know if we would have decided to keep Frog and Toad. Mercy played such a vital role in making them normal cats. I don't mean to imply that it was fate of some kind that we lost Kitten. That was pure gross negligence. Just that life is cruelest when it rolls on and good things happen when you don't want them to.
The most fitting memorial to any lost pet is to pass the love to another.
End of October we had no idea of the coming storm and fallout brewing from the overdose. We thought the worst had happened.
A continued warning of the casual use of these drugs in your pets, children or yourself or a loved one. My husband had a tendon tear during treatment with cipro many years ago. Now we know the damage done to some of his cartilage by this antibiotic that I believe the doctor Rx to him because it was popular at the time. Consider how easy it is to damage the liver of a cat and how much more vulnerable they are at 11 , suffering an URI and somewhat dehydrated when an incompetent veterinarian injected ( something NO veterinarian I have talked to since will even consider ) enrofloxacin directly into her leg at a dose we have never been able to have determined either by her confession or by other veterinarians trying to get an accurate dose amount from her.
It may be the drug that saves your cats life. It was the one that took Kittens. Make sure it's what your cat really needs, In the correct dose, correct form as in oral only or transdermal. Never just trust your veterinarian make them explain why they are using what drug and the possible side effects. Which sadly wouldn't have mattered in our case since she was totally unaware of them. I believe taking a look back at her sworn testimony to the SVB she was that ignorant. Even though we know her receptionist knew.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And I now have shivers. No, not fate, but your own loving heart and determination to make some good out of the huge ill. And SO MUCH good! Hugs, always.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Frog and Toad say hello. Lots of complaining that mom is busy and gone way too much but they love the extra loves they get too.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello right back at them! Tell them, and Mercy and Mook, of course, that Aunty Bek loves every single hair on their furry little bods.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Your little family never fails to lift my heart, and to remind me that no matter how bad things are, hope abides, and love abounds.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Your little family never fails to lift my heart, and to remind me that no matter how bad things are, hope abides, and love abounds.
We get to a point in our lives where we finally realize love is a choice. Hope all is well with your and Hekitty.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We're doing very well, indeed! Now that Hekitty is getting a little older, and moving just a wee bit slower, I've decided that Santa will be bringing her a heated cat bed for Christmas. I think she'll love it. LOL, I imagine that the cat bed will actually live on my bed, about where she usually sleeps!

The weather is going a bit nuts here. Sixties one day, near eighty the next. Why we don't all have pneumonia is beyond me, but I am MORE than ready for winter!

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
We're doing very well, indeed! Now that Hekitty is getting a little older, and moving just a wee bit slower, I've decided that Santa will be bringing her a heated cat bed for Christmas. I think she'll love it. LOL, I imagine that the cat bed will actually live on my bed, about where she usually sleeps!

The weather is going a bit nuts here. Sixties one day, near eighty the next. Why we don't all have pneumonia is beyond me, but I am MORE than ready for winter!
We used to fuss endlessly over footing and cushioning for horses in training that were stalled. Preserving the legs while young to make sure they had long useful lives. I believe that our cats bedding is just as important.
We're holding in the mid 60's most days