Temptations Cat Treats Bad For Cats?

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Seriously, does anyone else eat KD with chopped wieners mixed in? It's sooo good!
Mac and cheese and hot dogs comes up as a dinner around my house once a month, easily lol

• Purraise
Reactions: Jem

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
I take it a step further with my boxed mac & cheese--Cut up hot dogs, fried mushrooms frozen peas, and frozen corn. I call it GhettoMac and it's sooooo gooooood.

What are we talking about again? Oh yeah. Temptations. I used to give them, but now I avoid the big brands and corn for my cats, so we're done with them.
Plenty of other treats to choose from. :)

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Thanks so much for all your replies. I tend to agree that treats are only treats and I have used these for years with cats who lived to be much older. I also noted that nothing has ever been posted on recall websites and did check out Snopes.

cats4eva18

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have 6 cats, and I was never a treat buyer. I have always stuck to a can of tuna every now and then, a small piece of cheese, a bite of chicken etc. I was on amazon and a flash deal was a big tub of temptations and I thought what the heck, we will try. NEVER AGAIN!! I have 6 perfectly healthy babies, I'm blessed no issues. I gave each of them 2 treats a day and within 2 weeks all developed chin acne! Not just a few black flakes here and there....they all required a vet trip. Chins busting open with blood and puss, bleeding and itching..it was terrible. Took over a month to clear it from them. My vet said she believed 100 percent it was related to the treats, as when I stopped them, the acne cleared, even tho it did take diligent chin cleanings and topical meds.... I did hours of research until I stumbled upon several comments and articles relating temptations to chin acne. Over active oil glands, body reacting to sub par ingredients...just like I feel when I eat to much cake lol. I don't think all store bought treats are bad..I personally would just never do temptations again. To many chemicals and bad ingredients in there. I would stick to the whole pieces of chicken, or freeze dried fish..a can of tuna! I know everybody will have a different experience, just sharing mine. Would never want another cat to go through all that pain :(

dimegirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
AVOID TEMPTATIONS -- PLEASE!!
I created an account here just to post my experience with Temptations. My little 14 year old cat has always been very healthy -- I have gotten that comment from vets since she was little, "What a healthy cat." She has always eaten good quality, expensive cat food, not junk. I started giving her Temptations, and she went berserk for them. She ate maybe 5-10 or so a day. She enjoyed them so much.

I took her for an exam and blood work maybe 6 months ago when she was acting lethargic and found out that she had KIDNEY FAILURE. The doctor explained the situation to me as grim -- you have two kidneys and generally even if one totally fails, the other can carry the load. But both of her kidneys were in trouble. I put her onto Hill's K/D formula immediately and cut out the Temptations cold turkey. I was heartbroken, thinking it was just a matter of time before I lost her. It's been maybe 6 months, and she's a new cat. She's happy and energetic. I haven't taken her back for blood work (expensive), but I think I saved her life or at least prolonged it. She's cuddled up in her basket right now snoring. Thank God.

My advice -- DO NOT FEED YOUR CATS TEMPTATIONS. Just don't take a chance. Once they get that taste, it's like crack for them, and they beg for more. Please just don't take a chance with your precious baby.
My cats got so sick on Temptations I think it is the GMO corn. It is not normal how they act over them and they do not want to eat anything else.. I compare it to a research mouse that picks the drugs over the food every time. They throw up have dry stools and drink water like they are dying of thirst. My cat had to be taken to the vet and the first thing he said was the Temptations have to go. It is amazing now difference in both my cats. They are not treat crazed animals anymore.