Temporary Workaround For Unanswered Threads

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
This is not perfect, but it will help.

Go to a forum. In this example I am using the Health Forum. Find the "Replies" at the top of the thread list. Click it twice.

threads1.jpg

The unanswered posts for that particular forum will come to the top of the list:

thread2.jpg

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cool.

You see that little up arrow by Replies in your last screen shot, AbbysMom? That means the list is put into ascending order, right? So when I click it once again, the arrow turns into a down arrow, putting the list of Replies into descending order (e.g. showing the threads that have the most Replies, versus the ones that have zero Replies).

NOTE: Clicking on "Start Date" gives you the down arrow or the little up arrow too, for a descending or an ascending list of Threads, giving you a choice of most recent Threads versus oldest Threads.

Thanks for the tip, AbbysMom AbbysMom !

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just found this neat trick. Go to a forum (I'm using Behaviour as an example) and go to the bottom of the page:-
TCS behaviour screenshot 1.jpg

See where it says 'Thread Display Options'? Click on that, and a toolbar appears:-
Sort threads by: Last message time Order threads in: Descending order
Thread creation time Ascending order
Title (alphabetical)
Number of replies
Number of views
First message likes

Select 'Number of replies' and 'Ascending order', then click 'Set Options'.

This gives you the forum list starting with the unanswered replies :biggrin:

You do have to do this for each forum, and you have to redo it each time you enter that forum (though you can keep the setting if you click the back button after responding to a thread), but it does at least give some way to find unanswered threads easily :winkcat:

Hope this helps (and that it makes sense ;) ) :crossfingers:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
HA! Not quite so fast, but certainly workable. Bet within a month, I don't even think about it!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I can change the order (descending or ascending) of posts in all forum lists except for that of "new posts." If we had that flexibility with "new posts" it would identify most of the new, unanswered posts for us in one place.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can change the order (descending or ascending) of posts in all forum lists except for that of "new posts." If we had that flexibility with "new posts" it would identify most of the new, unanswered posts for us in one place.
Very good point.