Temporary pain relief

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
from dental pain...

This is too good not to share. My pain was so bad I had to sip cool water every few minutes. The typical tooth pain relievers worked for a minute - barely. Asprin didn't take the edge off.

So I searched for home remedies. Vanilla extract works! I poured it on a cotton ball and stuck it on the affected area for a little while and I feel sooooo much better. Wiskey probably works too, but I didn't want to go to work smelling of it.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Nice! I'll have to remember that. Thanks for the tip! And I hope you're feeling better soon!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vanilla extract does contain alcohol. Not that its sipping stuff!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No kidding
! I just had a crown done months ago and the temporary caused me such sever pain it was unbearable. Wish I knew about the vanilla extract then
Thanks for the tip

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seriously --- Since last night around 7, I have used it 4 times. It is really keeping the pain down. And I should give credit where credit is due. I asked God for an answer. There were tons of remedies, green lemon, salt, teabags... I believe He led me in the right direction in trying the vanilla! I didn't even open the baby asprin that I was planning on putting directly on my tooth. I hope it works just as well for any of you who may need it!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll have to remember the vanilla. I still haven't gotten my wisdom teeth out and they really need to go. I'm hoping to get healthy enough to handle it first. Plus I've put it off because the only thing I can use for pain is acetaminophen (narcotic painkillers all make me sick).

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope I won't need the tip for a while, though Gary can give it a try right now, poor guy.

I recently had my teeth cleaned and for the first time in years had the full set of x-rays done. Wish I hadn't. According to the dentist I need $6,000 worth of work!
Not gonna happen any time soon, so I hope my teeth hang in there.