temperamental cats

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone else noticed the cats are testier with one another now we have the stress of Corona virus looming. They are taking our anxiety. I am trying to spend more time, petting them and playing with them - good for them and good for me!

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't really noticed testiness, but they do seem more hyperactive than usual, Selene especially. She and Charlie *have* been wrestling more, but there's never been any real aggression.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not really any difference here. They are all acting the same as always. But maybe that is a testament on well I'M doing with my own concerns/anxieties. Don't get me wrong, I've been concerned and a bit stressed, but I guess I'm not projecting?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly I am stressing out more than usual. My husband and I are in the high risk group and he has been unwell since October. My daughter just lost her job. My youngest son was supposed to start a new job at the end of the month and that has been pushed back and he is afraid the job offer may change due to the virus. We have lost 2 cats just 24 days apart, had another who had to have emergency surgery just this week ( one of the hazards of being a breeder and having whole cats). So I am a little stressed! I have had to break up fights- play fights either. Fur was flying.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats definitely have noticed the change in my daily schedule. They seem a little out of sorts, but nothing too much.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Actually since the number of Covid-19 cases has been increasing and people here have only been going out for essentials, e.g. food, medicine, gas, etc., we have been home with our cat more than usual. He loves the attention as well as the companionship. :catlove:

posiepurrs posiepurrs I'm sorry for your present situation and will keep my fingers crossed things turn out more promising in the days ahead for you, your cats and your family. :crossfingers:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
posiepurrs posiepurrs I'm sorry for your present situation and will keep my fingers crossed things turn out more promising in the days ahead for you, your cats and your family. :crossfingers:
[/QUOTE]
Thank you. It was a feel sorry for myself day, I guess. We are never given more than we can handle, but sometimes it seems like the limits are being pushed!😳

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Neko-chan seems to love it. We're home a lot more so she's getting more cuddles and play time. Should I wean her back to only 3 play sessions a day so when this is over, she doesn't get stressed or destructive?