Tell me why my cat eats her food at the kennel but not at home?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

three4rd

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
the associated leg can be amputated for best outcomes.
Oh my. I don't think I could do this to Marzi, especially as a senior cat. I think she deserves to live out the remainder of her life with all the appendages that she came into it with. Much younger cat, maybe different story. A relative of my wife's in-laws had a 3-legged cat that they had adopted many years ago. It got around very well.

three4rd

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Any thoughts on putting an older cat - like Marzi (estimated 13-14 yrs. old, wish I knew for sure) under anesthesia to do this dental exam that the vet feels should be done (I agree also). Just worried about it. She said the bloodwork done from back in October is ok to go by rather than needing more. I have no experience with doing this to a cat. Risk / reward, I hope, leans on the side of reward if it helps her eat better again. I'd be heartbroken if something goes really bad and I wind up losing her during the procedure. I've been doing some reading (probably too much) but came across this which sounds most encouraging. Managing Dental Disease In Your Senior Cat!

Last edited:

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I put Nobel under anesthesia at age 14 and he had two teeth removed. I don't have any regrets as I went to my regular vet and they do heart monitoring.

I looked over a lot of reviews of people getting their older cats dental and many of those cats had pre-existing conditions, sometimes multiple and they were okay. We spoke to our vet about it too.

three4rd

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't have any regrets
From some things I read from owners who had this done, in many cases the results are quite impressive in terms of the cats acting and feeling so much better (younger!). I'm definitely going to move forward with this procedure.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
From some things I read from owners who had this done, in many cases the results are quite impressive in terms of the cats acting and feeling so much better (younger!). I'm definitely going to move forward with this procedure.
Let us know when. I'll light a candle for your floof.