Tell me I'm not the only one who's been caught singing to the cats.

fraggles

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I got caught singing to the boys, and I feel so incredibly silly. I always sing to them even though I can't sing whatsoever.

Captain Spectacular and Ziltoid are named from an album by Devin Townsend about an alien, Ziltoid, who looks to take over the Earth to gain control of their coffee supply. Captain Spectacular escapes Ziltoid's attack and seeks out to expose him for what he really is: a nerd. Yes, the album is very silly, and it has these crazy narration parts.

So I'm on hold with the phone company, and my little bugs come to chat up a storm with me. Since I can't leave the phone, I decide to start singing to them. Like any sane person, I start at the beginning of the album and work my way through.

There I was, holding the phone on my shoulder with a kitten on each leg.

"ZIIILLTOID, aaaahhh, Ziltoid, Ziltoid, ZILTOID THE OMNISCIENT, Ziltoid, Ziltoid, aaaAAAaaaAAAah, pew pew, aaaAaaAaah, pew pew pew!" (Yes, I even mimic the crazy sound effects...
)

After coming through the middle of the second song, I failed to realize that the on hold music had cut off. Still, there I was singing away with two very amused kittens hanging on to every word.

"Commander Ziltoid, the humans are preparing themselves for the attack. EXCELLENT, have you prepared the PLAAANNNET SMASHER?! PLAAAANNNEEET SMAAAASHER! INDEEEEED..."

Suddenly I hear this guy trying to stifle a bout of laughter, "Um, ma'am, you're calling about your telephone service?"

Startled, I nearly dropped the phone and tried desperately to redeem myself. "I uh, was singing to my cats! I swear!"

I guess it was all too funny for him and he burst into laughter and asked me to confirm my phone number.

Anyone else been caught?

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sing to Popsie all the time. He likes the song called Escape. It goes "if you like pinacoladas getting caught in the rain" I always call it the Pinacolada song.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
not sure about being caught, although I'm sure with my windows wide open my neighbors can very clearly hear me
but I also sing to my kitties all the time. "What's new Pussycat" by Tom Jones is a favorite as well as "Beautiful girl" by KT Tunstall

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have got to tell that to DH. He's a huge Devin Townsend fan
Too funny!

I've been outside and when one of my babies hops into the window I've done a rousing rendition of "how much is that [sammy/weeble] in the window".. but thats probably the only one the neighbors have heard

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

not sure about being caught, although I'm sure with my windows wide open my neighbors can very clearly hear me
but I also sing to my kitties all the time. "What's new Pussycat" by Tom Jones is a favorite as well as "Beautiful girl" by KT Tunstall
I serenade Popsie with what's new pussy cat too. LOL

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I talk to them a lot but the only time I sing to them is in the car. Frankie hates car rides as they inevitable mean a trip to the vet but when I sing she seems to quiet down. I'll sing what ever is on the radio.

Originally Posted by luvmycat1

I sing to Popsie all the time. He likes the song called Escape. It goes "if you like pinacoladas getting caught in the rain" I always call it the Pinacolada song.
I never knew that was the name of that song!